DVL NEWS!

Garrettt

DVL NEWS!

Post by Garrettt »

Starting next month DVL will be charging 3bucks to get tagged!

Please flame on :twisted:
gofish42189

Re: DVL NEWS!

Post by gofish42189 »

That lake is such a joke, its not even funny.
Garrettt

Post by Garrettt »

gofish42189 wrote:That lake is such a joke, its not even funny.
It sure is, but I'll see you there this weekend right? :D
elfish16

Post by elfish16 »

slowly going the way of Casitas!
Eric Elshere

https://donssmokinsalmon.com
https://maxima-lines.com
npangler

Post by npangler »

More calif bologna !!!!
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Can you confirm this info? Nothing listed on the web site. Nor does anything come up on a Google search. If it is true, then whats next.. a gate opening fee? a crapper usage fee?
~~ I'm trying to think but nothing happens ~~
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8MhaihAw7I&feature=related
npangler

Post by npangler »

if the people running this state dont know what is wrong with it they are truly blind.
when are the people going to wake up and vote these morons out office. everyone I know thinks our elected officials need to go so who are the ediots who keep voting for them ?
Topwater Terry

Post by Topwater Terry »

what's an ediot? :D Doesn't matter who is in office, MWD runs DV, you can have Jerry, Arnie, or anybody in office, water district is gonna do what they want to do, irregardless of who is in office. Man, I am reeeealllly glad I don't live near Lake 4 stroke...
Garrettt

Post by Garrettt »

Its confirmed, this inst dock talk. Just wait..
Schneider Fishing

Post by Schneider Fishing »

WTF!!
How about some details. Like......
$3 for a complete clean and dry inspection or $3 every time you get re-tagged on the way out?????
:evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted:
Robert Schneider
My wife is my real sponsor

www.PhenixBaits.com
Garrettt

Post by Garrettt »

Schneider Fishing wrote:WTF!!
How about some details. Like......
$3 for a complete clean and dry inspection or $3 every time you get re-tagged on the way out?????
:evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted:
If you are leaving and you want a tag its gonna cost you 3 bucks dudes is what I can confirm. I only spoke briefly during work with my friend, a MWD worker..
elfish16

Post by elfish16 »

Topwater Terry wrote:what's an ediot? :D Doesn't matter who is in office, MWD runs DV, you can have Jerry, Arnie, or anybody in office, water district is gonna do what they want to do, irregardless of who is in office. Man, I am reeeealllly glad I don't live near Lake 4 stroke...
this is what hit it on head. Water boards and who run them and make decisions are the ones that kill it for so many people. They want to stick it to you first by and insane clean and dry situation and now make you pay everytime you get tagged. Pretty bad, but till water boards change their minds not much to do!

trust me, we've been trying up here Casitas for what, 5 years now!!! They don't care about us fisherman...thats all there is to it.
Eric Elshere

kitjack

Post by kitjack »

Water districts do not want bad PR, so they will react if they think this is hurting them beyond just a few fishermen at their lake. If they see negative stories about their policies in newspapers, and this or any other bad press gets out to the general public , they will do whatever makes them look good. That is why they allow access to the lake in the first place.

Getting mad at a local lake worker is pointless, and he probably even will agree with you.
Rick G

Post by Rick G »

DVL Marina is ran by an independant consessionier. I kinda doubt, but could be way wrong, that this is an MWD policy. Might be the operators are tired of having to pay overtime to the employees who have to stay at closing and tag the boats. But I would gladly pay and extra $3.00 if they opened the lake before the sun is half way up. Wonder if my yearly pass covers this charge? Sad though if true. Rick G.
Anglers Marine has been serving Southern California boaters and fishermen since 1981, with the West's largest bass fishing tackle store and the best boat dealership on the west coast.
Open 7 days a week
Mon.-Sat. 9-6 Sun. 10-3
npangler

Post by npangler »

I think its time for" ALL" and I do mean ALL fisherman to band together and form some sort of official group to speak for fisherman maybe if there were enough people in this group they get get the attention of the powers to be that effect us all. if this group could effct descissions like the ones that led to casitas being "essentially privatized" It seems like it would be worth everyones time. just a thought,
Madbasser

Post by Madbasser »

The truth is that there are plenty of people that are happy to pay the extra and would even pay more if it meant that less people will be allowed on the lake. I'm not saying that there are more of those people than those that don't agree with the regulations, but if there is enough then the lakes will do whatever they want to make money. I am one of those that has been victim to DVL's "rules" and don't take my boat there anymore but there are plenty of other that do. This is a simple case of "to each his own". Casitas must still have plenty of people getting on the water cause they are still around. If it gets to a point were they cant make money, they will either change their ways or close the doors. For us to make an impact, then everyone has to be on board, and i mean everyone. Cause if no one shows up to lake for 3 weeks, im sure things will change. This, however will never happen cause there are people quite happy to pay the extra and have less boat traffic and the possibility to catch a trophy fish. That is the DVL allure and always will be, for that some are willing to pay.

Just my useless .02$
elfish16

Post by elfish16 »

Casitas is doing fine as its a drinking water lake and as long as its filled they make a lot of money. Now the boat rentals and such hurt at times as the people coming during the slow months is worse. Casitas still overflows the campgrounds and sells out the water park. UNtil these areas STOP over flowing, you can bet they will not care what a fisherman says. The water district makes their money and thats all they care about.
Eric Elshere

Garrettt

Post by Garrettt »

I just wanted to add that I do not mind paying an extra 3 bucks. I've had some of the best times in my life at that lake. I've met some great people. Seen some funny stuff. I look forward to the weekend because I know that I'll be on my boat at DVL sat and sun.

See you all on the water

G
baitfish

Post by baitfish »

I asked today to confirm and they will be charging $3 to tag your boat on the way out starting Oct 1st.
Garrettt

Post by Garrettt »

baitfish! I was trying to tell you!! 8)
Bass Pro Shopper

Post by Bass Pro Shopper »

Ok, guys... here's how we can get back at this particular silly fee: Let's pay it in pennies!! And don't even roll them! Just hand them a plastic bag with 300 pennies in it and say "it's all there, have fun!" Do have the courtesy to make it the exact amount though. Good way to get rid of all those extra pennies you have lying around, or empty out the penny jar. And if you have to run to the bank to get 300 pennies, do it!
Fishing is not a matter of life or death.
It's more serious than that!
offduty

Post by offduty »

elfish16 wrote:Casitas is doing fine as its a drinking water lake and as long as its filled they make a lot of money. Now the boat rentals and such hurt at times as the people coming during the slow months is worse. Casitas still overflows the campgrounds and sells out the water park. UNtil these areas STOP over flowing, you can bet they will not care what a fisherman says. The water district makes their money and thats all they care about.
+1

I think it is important to understand that these water districts dont care about fishermen or the money they generate as it is peanuts and selling water is big $. As far as paying in pennies, do you honestly think they would tolerate it? Lets not forget the dirty politics as to how DVL came to be, the empty promises should tell you all you need to know about how the water district feels about those who want to go there for recreation. They are not in the recreation business they are in business to sell H20. With the economy getting worse those who want recreation will continue to pay the price as the fed and state agencies do not have enough law enforcement to patrol campgrounds and the bad apples cut up the picnic tables for fire wood and leave their tags on the campgrounds along with trash. There is just no money for maintenance which is why they want to privatize things or shut them down rather than see campgrounds trashed. I have seen this happen before and am actually watching it happen to an area next to where I work right now.
Rich
anonymousDVLdude

Post by anonymousDVLdude »

I don't mind the 3 bucks if it would be put to use in park improvements, but it won't. Instead, it will end up in some bureaucrat's office decor. Soon all lakes will be off limits. I live in OC, so I'm not even allowed to go to Cachuma to even try to pass their inspection. Texas is really starting to look like good place to live.
N.A.R

Post by N.A.R »

Its cost 450 for a year pass and you still have to pay 6 dollars a day? Claud Dayum!

What do you NorCal guys think when you read these corky DVL post?
toddmc

Post by toddmc »

I talked to Tom about this yesterday at the DVL Inspection Kiosk and he did confirm that even annual pass holders will have to pay the $3. The extra fee starts on October 1st. My annual pass is up for renewal this month. I think I will spend the money I save by not buying the annual pass on gas for more trips to Havasu this year! I'm tired of the DVL/SoCal nonsense. Fishermen get treated like garbage at all of the SoCal lakes. It is so much more fun to launch and trailer your boat when it is still dark outside and you haven't had to wait in line for thirty minutes!
Brian Linehan

Post by Brian Linehan »

It's total bullsh*t! However, lets all make sure we don't take our frustration out on Stan or Louie (The employees that tag). I would imagine that they think the charges are as lame as we do!
BIG BAIT

Post by BIG BAIT »

Just remember, the MWD does not give two craps about fishermen. They needed public access to get the votes they needed to build the lake. They make more money selling water in a month than all the fees they charge in three years. Sooner or later this will turn into a Lake Mathews. Till then see you in that whack-*** line that goes in an hour after sunrise.
smpboy

Post by smpboy »

npangler wrote:I think its time for" ALL" and I do mean ALL fisherman to band together and form some sort of official group to speak for fisherman maybe if there were enough people in this group they get get the attention of the powers to be that effect us all. if this group could effct descissions like the ones that led to casitas being "essentially privatized" It seems like it would be worth everyones time. just a thought,
yes we need a group like the nra but for fisherman who have people represent them and go to battle for them in court when the mwd or other orgs do some shady **** like this 450 for a pass and these extra fees are robbery
mrobinett

Post by mrobinett »

I totally agree with BIG BAIT. When they needed the votes to get the go ahead, they promised the world. They were going to different club meetings to promote themselves. A couple marinas, camping. A great shangrila for boating and fishing. We were all suckered into their propoganda. Once they got everything passed, the BS started. We are an unnecesary evil to them. They don't care anything about the fishing there.
WON BASSIN

Post by WON BASSIN »

Regardless of what the politicians do.. DVL is a remarkable fishery. Won bass has our Last 2011 Team tournament there this Saturday. It's the last chance to qualify to the TOC at Lake Nacimiento in November. We all just have to get it while we can.
Billy Egan
WON Bass Director
bille@wonews.com
949-366-0248
jrbasspro

Post by jrbasspro »

here's how we can get back at this particular silly fee: Let's pay it in pennies!! And don't even roll them! Just hand them a plastic bag with 300 pennies in it and say "it's all there, have fun!"
Plus 100

walt
listen to that gut feeling!!!

"keep it clean and dry"
swimbait

Post by swimbait »

You need to go talk to the people who decided to charge the 3 bucks if you don't want to pay it.

Sounds like MWD. Go find out who made the decision. Talk to them. Learn their rationale. Learn the laws that they operate under. Look for the opportunity to convince them to change their mind, or prove that what they are doing isn't allowed under the law.

Months back I read through the MWD annual report to see what they were spending on mussel preventation. The dollar figure was pretty significant, in the hundreds of thousands if I recall.

Good guess that they are trying to recoup some of that, right? Think of how you could convince them otherwise. Paying in pennies is funny but won't work.

Learn to fight these things in the context of the system.

Fun fact: At Santa Clara County park lakes like Coyote and Calero, the fee is $7 to have your boat inspected. And there's no refund if you fail.

Cheers.
Schneider Fishing

Post by Schneider Fishing »

Pay it in pennies! :lol:
I love it.

Kind of like Gandhi making his own salt.
Robert Schneider
My wife is my real sponsor

www.PhenixBaits.com
CN

Post by CN »

N.A.R wrote:Its cost 450 for a year pass and you still have to pay 6 dollars a day? Claud Dayum!

Well it must be one hell of a lake to fish I guess but I have no desire to check it out.
Marc

Post by Marc »

Nothing is going to change the way you want it to unless you decide to run for a position on the board, and you try to affect change from within.

I manage a water district, and work for a board of directors. It isn't hard to become a Director if you try, and if you don't want to run then you have to be willing to accept what you get from those who do run. If you can't run because of your situation, find someone with views like your own and convince them to run.

As far as paying in pennies, had a customer once that paid his water bill in pennies to protest. He didn't feel so clever when he had to stand there while we counted them slowly, one by one before crediting his account and giving him a receipt.

ciao,
Marc
www.RangerBoats.com
www.Evinrude.com
www.QuickDropsWeights.com
www.Yamamoto.Baits.com
www.Lamiglas.com
www.Gamakatsu.com
www.LuckyCraft.com
www.Lowrance.com
www.TransducerShieldandSaver.com
anonymousDVLdude

Post by anonymousDVLdude »

If people don't ante up on the way out of the gate, next they'll probably start charging $5 for the inspection (it takes longer for the inspection chicken s--t.) Then they will haqve us coming and going!
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Marc wrote:As far as paying in pennies, had a customer once that paid his water bill in pennies to protest. He didn't feel so clever when he had to stand there while we counted them slowly, one by one before crediting his account and giving him a receipt.
Marc is correct. Most businesses, banks, etc require you to put them in rolls before they accept them.
~~ I'm trying to think but nothing happens ~~
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8MhaihAw7I&feature=related
fishinman

Post by fishinman »

Even if my motor would qualify for launch i wouldn't fish there if they had rebates, way to much red tape and bull s@#HT. I thought Colorodo River water fed it and the kangaroo rats might infest my boat or tackle. I think it is bad enough just having to get in line and wait to launch on top of some authoritative source dictating if you can even launch cause ya boat isn't clean. JUst wait, whats next is cooler inspections and a pat down. Let's see if those worms are legal color, length and thickness with a approved scent by the officers dog. So don't forget some doogie treats and a crisp Andrew Jackson! WOWWWW NOT LOL MORE LiKE SOOL!!!
npangler

Post by npangler »

if this was any other state they would not get away with this,I wonder why ?
sky88s

Post by sky88s »

N.A.R wrote:Its cost 450 for a year pass and you still have to pay 6 dollars a day? Claud Dayum!

I dont know how much casitas is charging for this so im just talking from what I do know..DVL is a great lake been there many times and have had much success but be aware these fees are really "fishy"...too many lakes charging what they want and who knows where the money is going..

I recently decided to chase striper last sunday at Los Banos Res. outside of San Jose and Gilroy for those who dont know.. and that place is barely starting their inspections this month. I over heard a lot of boaters complaining about a fee that is charged, the same one you guys are talking about, but this fee was at a lake around the area, cant remember the name but they mentioned that this lake was actually charging $7.50!!!..

the park ranger that was doing the inspection laughed and said you guys dont have to worry "we dont charge HERE"..and then he goes on to say that they havent been aware of any thing that says or mention that they have to charge boaters a fee...bringing up the thought that some of these places might just be pocketing the money undocumented...

heres my .02 from up north..

Kong Moua
FLW College Series Record Holder (10.9 California Delta 05/30/2009)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSC7gpsIY0s
KPalmer

Post by KPalmer »

It's called Diamond Valley for a reason..they are just trying to live up to the name.... DaBeers must be running concessions? :o Makes my $200 annual pass at havasu look like a bargain...