Where to take my 4 year old

adamsj13

Where to take my 4 year old

Post by adamsj13 »

Hi all, Im in sacramento area and want to take my son out tomorrow fishing. He is 4 and loves to go out, but I want him to catch some fish. Im trying to decide where to take him. The places I have in mind are Orville, Berryessa, and boulders bar. I've only fished these lakes a few times. Anyone have any pointers or advise? Im thinking probably darter heads with natural color robo worms, maybe wakey heads and shad color crank baits. We'll be fishing from a boat. Which lake would you recommend? Any help is appreciated. Its been a while since I have been out due to kids soccer and of course money :).. Thanks all in advance, and if you prefer to PM thats feel free too :)

Tight lines...
mac (Doyle McEwen)

Re: Where to take my 4 year old

Post by mac (Doyle McEwen) »

I would head for Oroville..He might not catch any really big ones, but I think he would het his string pulled a bunch..

mac
Take a kid fishing, and don't forget about us older kids either..
MT

Re: Where to take my 4 year old

Post by MT »

I've been taking my boys to the delta and letting them fish for the bluegill. Dropshot with a tiny hook and waxworms for bait. They catch tons and it's easy for them. We killed em inside of St.Francis yacht club. Might be a little better option for a 4yr old. Hope he gets a bunch wherever you go. MT