Winter fishing in California...

Rich461

Winter fishing in California...

Post by Rich461 »

Up here in Oregon there is no place to fish in the winter for bass. Some guys weather the cold down at Tenmile since it is the farthest south lake of any size. There are a few places near Medford I hear but, I don't know them. Up here there is just mostly salmon and steelhead fishing in the winter months.

So for you guys in southern Cal, can you catch decent bass in Dec, Jan, and Feb? If so, what lakes can be fished during those times?

If you have any pictures of the lakes or pictures of fish you have caught during the winter, please show them on here. I would love to see how you guys do things down there.
1997 Ranger 461VS
Obi-Hub

Re: Winter fishing in California...

Post by Obi-Hub »

Rich,

I live in SoCal but will fish throughout Cal in the Winter. And yes, you can catch good fish in the Winter too! :mrgreen:

I am off on vacation for the next week... plan to fish the CA Delta, maybe Berryessa or Clear Lake, Shasta, Oroville, Oroville Afterbay, Bullards Bar and perhaps Don Pedro or New Melones... gonna be a busy week :shock:

Locally for the next few months I will be fishing Piru, Castaic, Pyramid, and Silverwood... I may even try and get out to Diamond Valley as well.
~~~Gary "Obi-Hub" Collins
:mrgreen: ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ :mrgreen: