Are you KIDDING ME? Unbelievable.

Brian

Are you KIDDING ME? Unbelievable.

Post by Brian »

What a bunch of bullcrap!
Even if you don't like the guy this is unbelievable.
Mr. Richards president of the California Fish and Game Commission and an avid angler, hunter and friend to sportsmen and women, is being asked to resign by the CA legislature for shooting a Mountain Lion LEGALLY out of state. The assembly and Lt. Gov. Gavin Newsome have the opinion that because our state prohibits shooting mountain lions that no one should be able to do it IF you live in this state. PLEASE TELL YOUR ASSEMBLY PERSON YOU OBJECT TO THIS, SEE BELOW FOR CONTACTS

It only takes a minute to send a letter by clicking the link. Scroll down to the bottom of the article to send a pre-written letter to your assembly person.

http://keepamericafishing.salsalabs.com ... n_KEY=4066

I hate California more and more each day.....LINK ABOVE^^^^^^^^^

[color=#0040FF]"Life's tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid."

-John Wayne[/color]
Caudawg

Re: Are you KIDDING ME? Unbelievable.

Post by Caudawg »

This topic DOES get my undies in a bunch! I have written a letter to Ted Gaines and Joan Buchanan letting them know what a waste of time this frivilous issue is and how the state Assemblymen have much more important issues to focus on.

Richards (president of CA Fish and Game Commission) is on our side, guys and gals! This includes hunting and fishing (including the delta water fiasco)

Please consider supporting COHA and preserve our gun rights and hunting opportunities in this state. This organization fights for our rights as gun owners and sportsmen like no other. They have been very successful in the past but need our support more than ever.

WesternBass is officially making COHA an honorary sponsor of our hunting forum which we hope to grow in the coming year. More news on this in the coming weeks.

To join COHA click here:
http://www.outdoorheritage.org/donate.php

For more sample letters, click here:
http://www.outdoorheritage.org/legislative.php#232
John Caulfield
Big Rock Sports- Territory Sales Manager (Norcal)
Freelance Outdoor Writer
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

When I read his bio after he got the job, I thought it was too good to be true.
He obviously can't be bought, so they're going to fire him.
Sucks.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
Otay Michael

Post by Otay Michael »

filled it out. Blessing to him.
Otay Michael

All I need to get into the money would be the four I usually get along with a 20# kicker.

Own no boring art: www.seewald.com
Name written in the book of life.
scott h

Post by scott h »

BRIAN, THANK YOU FOR THE LINK.SENT MINE IN.
BUZZBAITS IN FEBRUARY!@#$%^&*(
DanIsaac

Post by DanIsaac »

Done....but why is everyone surprised? Amazing he's not getting the needle!

Dan
ReelEx, your source for quality, professional service on your Shimano, Lews, or Revo reels.

Guaranteed 96 hr turnaround on service.
650-454-4938 http://www.reel-ex.com
crawdaddy

Post by crawdaddy »

Lt. Gov Gavin Newsome is pushing this. The same Newsom that slept with his friend's wife. What a load of carp.
I would rather jog home from my own Vasectomy than spend Saturday at the mall.
lou turold

Post by lou turold »

what is wrong with these people ?
lou turold

Post by lou turold »

filled out and sent
Brian

Post by Brian »

Also, once you send the letter make sure you scroll up to Gov Browns name. It will not submit the letter until you pick a category next to his name from the drop down box.

Thank You.

-John Wayne[/color]
Brian

Post by Brian »

Here is the letter our LT Governor wrote to MR. Dan Richards.............. Really????? :?

From our Lt. Gov. (This is via CA.GOV)

February 27, 2012

Mr. Daniel W. Richards
President, California Fish and Game Commission
1416 Ninth Street, Suite 1320
Sacramento, CA 95814
President Richards,

Thank you for more than 4 years of service to the people of California as a member of the California Fish and Game Commission. Unfortunately, recent events make it clear that you cannot continue in any capacity on the Commission. (California wildlife official in hot water over mountain lion hunt, San Jose Mercury News, February 17, 2012) I must confess to a personal interest in this issue above those of my current office. As you may know, my father, Judge William Newsom is a long-time mountain lion protection advocate and past president of the Mountain Lion Preservation Foundation. Additionally, I have personally worked for the protection of these majestic animals and their habitat.

While not in California at the time, your actions call into question whether you can live up to the calling of your office. Since 1870 the Commission has worked to manage the wildlife resources of our state. As president of the commission, I am sure you understand that merely complying with the conservation laws of California is not the standard by which the Commission or its members are measured. As is stated on the Commission's website, your actions should be in the "best interest of the resource and truly reflect(s) the wishes and needs of the people."

I do appreciate that you did nothing illegal in Idaho, but it is clear that your actions do not reflect the values of the people of California. In 1972, Governor Ronald Reagan signed legislation banning the sport hunting of mountain lions in California for 5 years. That ban was twice renewed before the voters of California passed Proposition 117 in June 1990.

I'm sure I needn't remind you of the many challenges facing California and the important work ahead for the Commission. Your continued presence on the Commission is a distraction from those important issues.

As such, I am prevailing on your sense of civic service to respectfully request you resign, effective immediately, so we can move on to the pressing issues facing our great state.

Sincerely,

Lieutenant Governor Gavin Newsom

-John Wayne[/color]
Brian

Post by Brian »

And, Richards Response. :lol:

-John Wayne[/color]
afchris

Post by afchris »

Wow! I'm not even from this state (Illinois Native) and this story boils my blood. I'm an avid fisherman and have honestly never hunted. While I personally don't see the point of shooting a mountain lion, to each is own. I know there are plenty of folks who don't understand my passion for fishing.

Either way, the man did nothing illegal. That's the end of it....nuff said! I hope he stays put.

Chris
Air Force Chris

My good friend chasing his dream....
[u]http://teampartak.webs.com/[/u]
Marty

Post by Marty »

It is a simple matter of Lt Governor Gavin Newsom is a Liberal Democratic in a Liberal Democratic State run by Liberal Democratic and Daniel W. Richards is Republican!
tylerhogan

Post by tylerhogan »

What a load of crap, this state never seizes to amaze me! Sent!
jloo283

Post by jloo283 »

The hairdo is at it again.
eagle123777

Post by eagle123777 »

guess ole gavin forgot he was the mayor of a federal law breaking city and should have been put on trial for breaking federal laws....we need to ban together and stop the big cities from always voting in these jerks...
jack
usaf (ret)
triton 21x2
luvmystratos

Post by luvmystratos »

Newsom is a joke first of all; considering all the crap that he pulled while in office in SF and to now ask for the Man's resignation? What do you think this Yo-Yo would do if he was hiking up in the Mountains of California and a Moutain Lion attacked and mauled or killed one of his family or friends? He would be the first in line to reopen the Hunting of Moutain Lions in this state, what a joke this whole thing is. The Man went out of state to shoot the Animal. Are they Bird-Dogging his every move while he is out of state as well as in state?
Life is short enjoy each and everyday!
Max

Post by Max »

Newsome is a moron. Lecturing to others that their "actions do not reflect the values of the people of California" sounds hilarious coming from an admitted adulterer.
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Marty wrote:It is a simple matter of Lt Governor Gavin Newsom is a Liberal Democratic in a Liberal Democratic State run by Liberal Democratic and Daniel W. Richards is Republican!
Though it pains me to say it, and I will have to gargle afterwards, I have to agree with you Marty.
This is all about politics, and it stinks.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
Ray Coleman

Post by Ray Coleman »

Have you ever seen any politician who actually held himself to any kind of standard? Sounds like the lt govenor is completely typical. Expects more out of others than he expects from himself. The fish and game guy did not break any laws. Since when in America do we intentionally punish those who have done nothing wrong other than believe differently than a politian. Sounds a bit like Communist China. California progressive? I think not.
I wouldnt comment other than this is America and i can.
Bill Hutcheson

Post by Bill Hutcheson »

It is exactly this type of crap that lead me to take my family and move out of the state of California this past year. Sorry Newsom, another productive, tax paying family lost so you can make room for some more freeloading illegals.

Newsom has got to be the biggest hypocrite going. Based upon his assessment, Since the people of California have voted against illegal immigration time and time again, Newsom should step down as he broke federal laws in making San Francisco a refugee city. The Fish and Game commissoner did not cost the California taxpayer a dime, nor did he break any State or Federal laws, yet Newsom's move in making SF a refugee city broke federal harboring laws is costing California Taxpayers Millions of dollars each year.

Based upon Newsom's holier than thou ethics, every politician who has ever gambled should be ousted since that is illegal (sans Indian lands) in California as well.

I live in Idaho. I think I will pick up a resident Mountain Lion Tag or two this year ($11.50 each - that's right $11.50 on top of your $12.75 resident hunting license!) Hell, why stop there - since Newsom is a raving liberal, I can't wait until the commish comes up this season and bags himself a gray wolf since those are on the fast track to being hunted this fall. I'll even pay for his plane ticket to come shoot one!

Elect a douchebag - get douchbag. Enough said
Make it idiot proof and someone will invent a better idiot
CN

Post by CN »

And to think we used to get a $200.00 bounty on lion's and there was nowhere near the amount back then as there are now.

The sad part is Brian, no it's not unbelievable. Sound's like a little personel agenda going on also.
fish_food

Post by fish_food »

http://www.sacbee.com/2012/02/29/429889 ... ators.html

Dan Walters: California legislators show their hypocrisy over hunting issue

By Dan Walters
dwalters@sacbee.com

Published: Wednesday, Feb. 29, 2012 - 12:00 am | Page 3A
Last Modified: Wednesday, Feb. 29, 2012 - 10:36 am

Dan Richards, who chairs the California Fish and Game Commission, is under fire in the Capitol because he killed a mountain lion in Idaho and posed with his trophy for a picture that was later published on a hunting publication website.

Forty Democratic legislators signed a letter to Richards saying he should resign. "Your actions raise serious questions about whether you respect the laws of the people of California and whether you are fit to adequately enforce those laws," the lawmakers told Richards. Lt. Gov. Gavin Newsom later joined the chorus.

So let's get this straight.

First of all, Richards is not Dan Richard, who chairs the state's High-Speed Rail Authority and has more than enough controversy of his own.

Back to Richards, the Fish and Game Commission chairman.

Mountain lion hunting is illegal in California, thanks to a ballot measure approved by voters in 1990. It is, however, not illegal for mountain lions to hunt human beings, as several attacks attest.

Nor is it illegal to hunt mountain lions in Idaho, and Richards' trophy was perfectly legal. "I'm glad it's legal in Idaho," he told the Western Outdoor News website.

So Richards appears to be guilty only of offending the sensibilities of the Legislature, whatever they may be.

This is the same Legislature that offends the sensibilities of most Californians, according to a recent Field Poll, because lawmakers habitually ignore important issues, carry bills of self-serving trivia, help special interests, and manipulate their schedules to maximize their incomes.

This is the same Legislature that didn't react when one of its members was caught by police with a prostitute in his car, parked alongside a busy Los Angeles highway, or when another crashed her state-issued car while driving recklessly, injuring two people.

More recently, this is the same Legislature that didn't respond when a member was nailed for shoplifting, or when another carried a loaded pistol into an airport security checkpoint.

As for Newsom, a politician who had an affair with his top campaign aide's wife shouldn't moralize.

Let's dig a little deeper.

Should any political figure who does something legally elsewhere that is illegal in California also resign?

Should an official who legally hunts any animal or catches any fish elsewhere that's protected in California be censured? Should one who legally bets on basketball in Reno be required to do penance in California?

Same-sex marriages are still illegal in California, although that may, thankfully, change soon. Would it be improper for a gay or lesbian legislator to legally marry in another state?

The letter to Richards is the sort of hypocritical, politically correct claptrap for which the Legislature has become justly infamous.

© Copyright The Sacramento Bee. All rights reserved.
snapitoff2002

Post by snapitoff2002 »

I just slammed his *** on his Facebook page.. Let's see how long that stays up.
Josh Palmer

"Champions keep playing till they get it right"
Guy Kelley

Post by Guy Kelley »

What was done out of state and considered legal is not the real issue IMHO. As what went around in San Francisco (sicko) when the liberal nut job was mayor Is. Why should any one be surprised about his running off at the mouth about his over the top sensibilities be offended when he our Lt Governor ?

Hey, we voted for him right ? so now we get what we wanted, A lib, running a office with more libs in place as lobbyist to influence other liberal senators and congressmen and women so our once proud state can be run from the Castro Street Minded Rainbow Flagged band of folks who want your tax dollars in there hands for the liberal agenda.

Although the commission in question was in place when Wolves and Grizzly Bears went extinct in our state and a bounty for mountain lions was the norm. They over the years have IMHO done more good than harm.

So soon you will have another moon beam in the Governor's chair. Only more of a give it all to the under privileged, social programs we can not afford types that we just love to vote into office, that makes us all warm and fuzzy !!!!!

Enjoy the ride folks, or vote em out, you choose ! Soon that giant sucking sound you hear, will be your delta water and tax dollars being syphoned off and sent South down two pipes built by junk science. But at least you will enjoy the ride between nowhere on the High Speed Bullet !!
Yeah ? It's Me Again, SO WHAT!!!!!