Loc-R-Bar, Anyone have one, like it?

mmalinao

Loc-R-Bar, Anyone have one, like it?

Post by mmalinao »

I plan to do quite a few trips this summer and will be leaving my boat in slips at the Delta and maybe a few other places.

I came across the Loc-R-Bar wanted to see if anyone has one on their boats and if you like it/worth it?

Here's the site:

http://www.locrbar.com/products.htm

Thanks,

Mike
-Mike Malinao
brambo0311

Re: Loc-R-Bar, Anyone have one, like it?

Post by brambo0311 »

Might as well put your rods on Craigslist before someone else does. That won't stop anyone. Take your gear with you, or your just supporting your local tweekers IMO. I wouldn't chance it. I wouldn't leave my boat out there either. It's just getting worse everywhere.

Unless that alarm lock floats it won't do much good either.
LL
adman

Post by adman »

Just to show you how clever these dickheads are, they have used the winch & strap from the trailer to tear a locrbar right out of the gunnel! They use your equipment to steal your equipment! It does seem hopeless .
TXRIGGED

Post by TXRIGGED »

Call Tom Phillips from Phillips Products; 909-772-9394. Nicest guy around, he'll install it in a couple hours. Or visit his website at http://www.phillipsfishingproducts.com

My feeling is if there's a half dozen boats in the hotel parking lot, and some dirtbag is absolutely going to break into a boat that night, hopefully he'll chose one that's easier to get into and not mine. For a few hundo, you may just deter one punk for another day.
Revoke36

Post by Revoke36 »

My buddy has one on his boat. The alarm on it isn't very loud. It doesn't seem like much of a security device to me after seeing it in person. I would still feel uncomfortable leaving any valuables in the lockers with the loc-r-bar. But it's definitely better than nothing
Support 81
Jim V.

Post by Jim V. »

Tom Phillips' bar is a quality product & he's a good guy. It's not a guarantee but it is a deterrent.