BEST Taxidermist???

Legitbritt

BEST Taxidermist???

Post by Legitbritt »

I had recently caught a 14lb 2oz monster at Berryessa and definitely plan on getting it mounted. I got the measuremaents before i released the fish. 29 1/2 in. long and 21 in. girth...Anybody know of the best place around to get a beautful fish like that accurately reproduced??!!!
Oldschool

Re: BEST Taxidermist???

Post by Oldschool »

Legitbritt wrote:I had recently caught a 14lb 2oz monster at Berryessa and definitely plan on getting it mounted. I got the measuremaents before i released the fish. 29 1/2 in. long and 21 in. girth...Anybody know of the best place around to get a beautful fish like that accurately reproduced??!!!
A good replica should have similar coloration to the bass you caught, so I hope you have a good color photo of this bass. Your bass is long and lean and could be a northern stain largemouth bass, a giant bass for NLMB strain in lieu of a Florida strain. You may not be able find anyone with a mold with those measurements.
You will need to decide on how you want the bass to be displayed; facing left or right, mouth open, half open, closed, with gills, looking up or down , etc, etc.
The best in the business was Robert Munos of Roberts Fish mounts and I believe he no longer is doing mounts. I have heard good reports on Lyons & O'Haver, check around the price are about $10/inch for a top quality mount. Lake Fork taxidermist does a decent production mount, but I think your bass is unique being 29.5 X 21/ 14.2 lbs.
Tom
Andy Lippert

Post by Andy Lippert »

NOOOOOPPEE!!! This guy may be able to help you out...!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJP1DphOWPs
Legitbritt

Post by Legitbritt »

The bass actually wasnt very unique at all, as a matter of fact i couldnt picture a bass looking any different weighing 14.2. I have pics posted on this website. See for yourself, very normal looking. It was caught on a bed, so it was plenty round :D
Terry

Post by Terry »

I like Lyons and O'Haver. The fish they did for me years ago still looks great and has great coloration.

Terry
elfish16

Post by elfish16 »

Andy Lippert wrote:NOOOOOPPEE!!! This guy may be able to help you out...!

HAHAHA! Such a funny video and the guys a nice guy too!

I got my 15.5lber replica mount from Lake Fork Taxidermy and was very impressed!
Eric Elshere

https://donssmokinsalmon.com
https://maxima-lines.com
Oldschool

Post by Oldschool »

Legitbritt wrote:The bass actually wasnt very unique at all, as a matter of fact i couldnt picture a bass looking any different weighing 14.2. I have pics posted on this website. See for yourself, very normal looking. It was caught on a bed, so it was plenty round :D
I have peronally only caught 2 Florida strain bass over 28" long; 18.6 lbs @28" and 19.3 lbs @ 28/12".
I looked at your photo and it is indeed is normal shape for a NLMB. My PB NLMB was 27 1/2" long and weighed 12.4 lbs. I beleive the California state record NLMB was 14.8 lbs, so your bass is far from normal; if it's a NLMB and lean for a FLMB.
The photo is good for coloration and I believe any good taxiderist could do a replica that you will be happy with.
Tom
Legitbritt

Post by Legitbritt »

Ya i was searching the web and found Lake Fork!!! I called, they seem super legit, and im going to have them do it! Thanks guys for the help!
jwelsh

Post by jwelsh »

I just had a 12.4 @ 27 1/2 done by Lake Fork. I was impressed with the coloring and overall job they did. I think your looking at around $13.00 a inch.
Rod Martin

Post by Rod Martin »

Spent a week in Brazil with the Lake Fork guys. They were down making molds of Peacocks. Nice guys , Did my 18.9 and it still looking good.

Rich Gray from Ceres Did a copy of my Don Pedro record fish . It is supposed to be at the Bait Barn. He does a nice mount too.
TR177 Ranger/ Mercury/Lowrance/ Ghost TM
tunaman

Post by tunaman »

Lyons and O'Haver do great work also, as mentioned... just don't do what I did and go with Global Fish Mounts - totally a bad experience all the way around, and very disappointing results as those who know the sordid details can attest!

Nice trophy - good on you for releasing her!

Roger
Tight lines forever!
http://www.tunaman.org

*DISCLAIMER* - This post is in no way meant to be offensive. If you feel it is, please re-read then PM me for an explanation if it still offends?
brambo0311

Post by brambo0311 »

Andy Lippert wrote:NOOOOOPPEE!!! This guy may be able to help you out...!

You beat me to it. Lol. Notice the SS pin on the hat. I guess if it isn't dead, he can fix that. Make sure you got your purple shoe laces in your jungle boots. Might get a discount.

Funny video, but your trying to sell something, the hitler youth knife angle might not be the best aproach.
LL
BULLET

Post by BULLET »

SMITHIES the best in redding 530-275-4321
Ross England

Post by Ross England »

I have a number of clients who have had replicas done by Glen up at Shasta Lake and not only have they all been extremely happy with the quality, they were happy with the price, and the delivery time. I have one on the wall done by him and can only recommend him, the guy is an artist. Shasta Fish Mounts, Glen Smith, 530.275.4321