dream fishing trip

steve s

dream fishing trip

Post by steve s »

If you could go anywhere to fish in the next few weeks where would it be. My 20th aniversary is coming up, the wife wants to go somewhere and fishing has been approved !
We can go anywhere. Open to just about any species but not going for the rough ocean stuff. Any info on locations, local guides and places of interest would be appreciated.
Thanks everyone, Steve.
Rod Martin

Re: dream fishing trip

Post by Rod Martin »

summer time I would go north. Alaska, Canada.

whatever can be caught this time of year. maybe mix in with a cruise for the wife. Waiting to retire to do just that .

I have always had to take vacation in the winter so I always went south.
TR177 Ranger/ Mercury/Lowrance/ Ghost TM
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

Too bad you said no ocean fishing - I read reports that the Yellow tail are running down south and that would be a great trip. I know I miss doing those deals - maybe a lil shark fishing :D are you happy in your marriage :twisted:
- JaJa Jigs - Get THUNKED
Links to Check Out -
https://www.instagram.com/jm_ash/
https://www.bestbasstournaments.com/
Hipster

Post by Hipster »

Cancun!!!!!

I will be there next Friday at this time !!!!

Tarpon Fishing the flats in the Lagoon behind the resort area. Spinning Gear 8lb test and 15-45 lb Tarpon. Last Summer trip I hooked into 7 fish and landed one. My arms were killing me, had a huge 40 plus on that made a run and jump that was so exilirating. I hooked into what my guide said was the largest Permit he has ever seen, we had to fire up the big motor and chase it down after about ten minutes it broke me off. The flats are like the Delta but gin clear water so it is sight fishing and so freaking kewl!!! I have my trip booked for Monday the 30th at 6:00am. The best time of the season for Cancun Flats Tarpon fishing is Late July thru September.

Try checking out www.cancunfishingtrips.com

The plus side is that you stay at a resort on the Carribean so the wife gets pampered as well!!!

Oh by the way NCBFr's it's Hippie checking in from cool shady calm AZ (NOT) try low of 89 and high of 113, miss ya!
Four Decades of Red!!!!!!!!

When in Doubt Set the Hook!!!

Mark
Andy Lippert

Post by Andy Lippert »

I'd go to Kodiak, Alaska. I spent the whole summer up there last summer, and caught more Salmon and Halibut than you could shake a stick at. There are amazing hikes and drives to do to on the island, a guarantee to see a big brown bear(s), and some of the most gorgeous scenery in the world.

If you're looking to spend more money, look at Peacock bass trips in the Amazon. Or less money: Tarpon fishing in the flats down in Florida (would be your cheapest option). No point in going to Cancun, running the risk of getting caught in Narco-Violence when you can head to Florida for less money and better fishing.

Just a couple ideas.
Bassin

Post by Bassin »

Cabo or South Florida
Bryan Vogt..... Central Cal Bassin
Revoke36

Post by Revoke36 »

I'd hitch the boat up to a RV and fish each of the top 10 best bass fisheries in the states as listed by bassmaster.
Support 81
fishbonz412

Post by fishbonz412 »

Your biggest obstacle will be timing and planning. If you plan a trip short notice, then arranging fishing may be on-the-fly, and is harder. I lived in Alaska for 4 years and can confirm Andy's note that Kodiak is a great place to fish for salmon and halibut. YOu have to check the runs as timing is everything. You can also go to the Kenai river and float the river, or walk the streams, for salmon/trout. there are also some great hikes and sight seeing, such as on the train to Seward, Glacier tours, etc. for the wife. Plan for rain.

Various places in Canada have salmon, trout or big smallmouth too....

If you like hot weather, then maybe Mexico, like Cabo, Buena Vista, LaPaz, or Loreto. The dorado run pretty good in July, and good chance for tuna, sailfish, or roosterfish. Hire a Panga and fish for whatever bites!!

If you want to fish unchartered waters, try the remote Alaska rivers, or even Kamchatka (yes, in Russia), which has tons of rivers with big rainbows that have never seen a lure!!

good luck on your dream trip.
--Sometimes it is best to be quiet and be thought the fool than to speak out and remove all doubt---
minnkotaman

Post by minnkotaman »

i like Hawaii, Kawaii especially peacock bass, black bass, and some really big small mouths.
i have a guides name and no. if you want sent me a pm.
there is a lot of shopping for the wife and i get to enjoy some of the
best fishing in the norther content.
jim l.
yjjustforme

Post by yjjustforme »

If it were up to me I'd go to brazil and go peacock bass fishing and just slay em with punkers pencil poppers and huge wood prop baits 8-)
godzilla

Post by godzilla »

Lake el salto!!
***GODZILLA AFTER MILFS!!...(MOMMAS I LIKE TO FISH)....***