AAA Contribution to the Boater

Call wake up

AAA Contribution to the Boater

Post by Call wake up »

Im sure its been asked and answered a bunch of times; but what is the ballpark amount for the daily contribution?

thanks.
Rich hamilton

Re: AAA Contribution to the Boater

Post by Rich hamilton »

nm
Last edited by Rich hamilton on Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If I don't meet you no more in this world Then I'll see you in the next one. Don't be late... Don't be late... Stevie Ray/Hendrix
GKramer

Post by GKramer »

The rule of thumb has been "half" the day's expenses (for some pros, that's more than just boat gas/oil, but does not include alimony/child support payments). :wink:

Big motors burn more than mid-size; still no way to predict mileage for the day. But if a guy used 50 gallons at 4 bucks a gallon one day, you could figure out a ballpark number. But guys do see it differently.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

$50 bucks a day should keep most boaters happy.
~~ I'm trying to think but nothing happens ~~
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8MhaihAw7I&feature=related
littlebailey

Post by littlebailey »

I think i get hosed 50 percent of the time these days. If i get 40 bucks im lucky but never have i seen a hundy thrown my way. Would be nice. Most of the cos are so happy about the day of fishing and just forget all about our expenses. Good question to ask i dont care how many times its brought up. :D
"Posse Approved"
www.reactorwatch.com
www.bassaholics.com
www.irodfishing.com
Rich hamilton

Post by Rich hamilton »

nm
Last edited by Rich hamilton on Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If I don't meet you no more in this world Then I'll see you in the next one. Don't be late... Don't be late... Stevie Ray/Hendrix
Steve L

Post by Steve L »

Expect nothing . Show your AAA a good time and anything that comes your way will be gravy. There is no obligation for contributions especially if you suck as a person and angler. If your expenses are high pull up your big boy pants and suck it up. If you can't do that stay home and stop your whining. There are some boaters that deserve being stiffed. If you are someone who isn't getting the "average amount" maybe you need to look in the mirror and ask yourself; am I an A$$hole or did I really show my AAA a great experience? Most have no complaints.
Rich hamilton

Post by Rich hamilton »

nm
Last edited by Rich hamilton on Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew Jackson

Post by Andrew Jackson »

Agree with Steve L. Pro should not expect squat . $40 to $50 should be fine. It's the thought that counts. If a "pro" has an issue or even makes any gesture that he/she wants more.....they aint a "pro".
Marty

Post by Marty »

Let me stir the pot. I give $50 bucks no matter who it is or if I catch them or not. The big sponsor Pros usually give it back. As for it being a guide trip with second hand water I’m afraid not. I’m there to win just like the Pro but I get second pickings, so comparing it to a guide trip should not be the standard for helping to pay. If I could lay out $100 a day, I might just as well move up front and take my chances and chances they would be.

If it could be done and each of you Pro know it, the back seat would be eliminated but the Pro don’t trust each other. That is the reason for a back seat, you should be paying us to keep an eye on you!

As of late I’m being thinking of giving to the Pro the same way the organization awards the prize money. Say the Pro pays $1.200 to get in and the Co pays $400. First place prize for the Pro is $35,000 and the Co is $8,000 (that is 29 times the entry fee for the Pro and only 20 times the entry fee for the Co). That comes to 33% compared to the Pro. Maybe the Back Seat should only pay 33% of the days expenses? You look at most organization they use the Back seats fees to bump the pay outs for the Pros or to make a profit.

I will continue giving the Pro $50 and hoping the Gas price come down.
littlebailey

Post by littlebailey »

Nicely said Steve L! :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: Expect nothing! Thats the attitude we all need to have, because when you jump on my boat thats what you get. Nothing! lol Ask Marty! He hooked me up with a fifty and only got one bite all day! I remember it well. we had a blast! Just like all my other cos, but some just dont have a clue or even know they should offer.. Marty wasnt one of them. hes a class act all the way! thats why this is a good question. we know you dont have to help out, but if you ever want to get a decent cast in tournies us pros do talk to each other. Ide play nice not like Steve plays!
"Posse Approved"
www.reactorwatch.com
www.bassaholics.com
www.irodfishing.com
Andy Lippert

Post by Andy Lippert »

Steve L wrote:Expect nothing . Show your AAA a good time and anything that comes your way will be gravy. There is no obligation for contributions especially if you suck as a person and angler. If your expenses are high pull up your big boy pants and suck it up. If you can't do that stay home and stop your whining. There are some boaters that deserve being stiffed. If you are someone who isn't getting the "average amount" maybe you need to look in the mirror and ask yourself; am I an A$$hole or did I really show my AAA a great experience? Most have no complaints.
+1

I'm usually more than generous with what I give, but you nailed it with this post Steve!!
Champion Jon

Post by Champion Jon »

I would think 50 would be a good starting point to plan on paying for a Pro/Am event. If there was a lot of driving around or very little you could adjust from there. I would not expect anything other then boat gas and oil to be a factor in what should be paid. Truck gas, hotel, pre fish etc. is just part of the game that we all enjoy to play.

I own a boat with a 250hp motor and burning $100 worth of fuel and oil in a day is very easy to do! Its funny how people are always afraid to pay a dime over HALF, and usually lean the direction of paying less then half.

Fun fishing is no different. Its funny to take guys out and get a $20 thrown my way after driving from Sac to clear lake and back? HAHA really?
CN

Post by CN »

Boy Pro's telling each other who the stiff is so they can make sure the Co has a bad day. I have offered some and they looked at me as if I insulted them. You should offer something I agree but to set an amount you will be happy with is asking a bit much I think. Money is tight right now as we all know and it may be all they can afford.

As far as inviting someone to go fishing on your boat you should not EXPECT something but then again the offer should be made.

As said before you are the quote "Pro" so suck it up or go play marbles.
scottsweet

Post by scottsweet »

CN wrote:Boy Pro's telling each other who the stiff is so they can make sure the Co has a bad day. I have offered some and they looked at me as if I insulted them. You should offer something I agree but to set an amount you will be happy with is asking a bit much I think. Money is tight right now as we all know and it may be all they can afford.

As far as inviting someone to go fishing on your boat you should not EXPECT something but then again the offer should be made.

As said before you are the quote "Pro" so suck it up or go play marbles.
Steve L wrote:Expect nothing . Show your AAA a good time and anything that comes your way will be gravy. There is no obligation for contributions especially if you suck as a person and angler. If your expenses are high pull up your big boy pants and suck it up. If you can't do that stay home and stop your whining. There are some boaters that deserve being stiffed. If you are someone who isn't getting the "average amount" maybe you need to look in the mirror and ask yourself; am I an A$$hole or did I really show my AAA a great experience? Most have no complaints.
You know guys, I recently moved over from a Co to a Pro. I did well as a Co. Nothing yet as a Pro. I know both sides quite well. I worked hard to own my pretty Ranger Z521 and have lots of rods and reels and so on. So I understand...

However, I have ALWAYS saw my contribution for boat expenses in a tournament as half. As I said, I own a boat and have for many years. I fished and practiced out of my own boat and with other Pro's when I was a Co. I have paid my Pro's half...because well..its the right thing to do. I am not invited to fish on a pro's boat...I paid my entry. I had expenses as a Co just as I do as a Pro. It amazes me how "doing what is right" has gone out the door for doing what is right for "me." I EXPECT to pay half the boat's expenses because they are a part of the expenses to be in a $25,000-$75,000 bass boat in a tournament that I have chosen to fish as a Co. No one "invites" you to fish as a Co.

There is the old adage...you catch more bees with honey than you do with vinegar. Well, that attitude has resulted in some great experiences on the water with some great Pro's (Shawn Bailey, Jason Milligan, Mike Folkestad, Chad Martin, Phil Garcia to only name a few off the top of my head). One that is on top of the list is Dee Thomas. So many people have talked about their experiences with Dee (good and bad). Let me tell you, my day on the water in a team tournament resulted in a friendship with a great fisherman. Every time I come up north and see Dee, he always says hi to me and we chat for 10 or 15 minutes. He is willing to give me ideas and tips, that of course don't affect him on the water for that tourney (as I would EXPECT) and we have a great time chatting. BTW, I gave him $60 when he probably spent $25! Why, cause I learned far more than any $60 I could have paid anyone for a swimbait or line or whatever. He looked at me and said "60 DOLLARS, I have NEVER had someone give me 60 DOLLARS for fishing. THANK YOU!" I said no, thank you for a great day of fishing and learning. BTW, I think I might have weighed one of our fish.

So guys, respect people as you would like to be respected. Treat people as you would like to be treated. And "expect" from them the same as what they would "expect" from you...be a NICE person without the chip on your shoulder. You might be surprised on what expectations might be met!!

Tight lines...
Scott Sweet

www.teamccmarine.com
www.rangerboats.com
www.humminbird.com
www.minnkotamotors.com
www.lews.com
www.phenixrods.com
www.odysseybattery.com
www.simmsfishing.com
www.peregrine250.com