Simms Pro Dry Gore Tex pro-cons to purchase

Apimentel

Simms Pro Dry Gore Tex pro-cons to purchase

Post by Apimentel »

I am looking into shelling out some money on new rain gear. I have read many places that Simms is the way to go. I don't mind paying the money if the product lasts. I know it's awesome short term, but can any of you tell me if it will hold up for 5+ years. Thanks for your opinions!

ANP
scottsweet

Re: Simms Pro Dry Gore Tex pro-cons to purchase

Post by scottsweet »

First, I am a little biased as I am sponsored by Simms :) ; however, I have had Stearns and Cabelas in the past.

The Simms Pro Dry is amazing rain gear. It is very light, durable and comfortable. It can be worn in light rain or the heavy downpours without cooking because of how light it is. You are very free of movement unlike all of the other rain gear. For warmth, you just layer underneath. The hood is adjustable from the back so it is not in your eyes. You can cinch down the sides to only expose your eyes. The left sleeve has an opening to see your watch. In one of the pockets on your chest, is a cloth to clean your glasses. There is a dry pocket on the inside for your phone. All of the zippers completely hide when they are closed. The wrists have heavy velcro to seal the sleeves. There are zippers on the legs that go nearly to your hips for easy put on/take off of the bibs.

As for lasting 5 years, that depends on how rough you are with it. With pliers, hooks and the like all over the boat, it is possible it will get caught and tear, etc. Normal wear, it should last you way longer than 5 years.

Simms is the top of the line rain gear as well as all the other clothes and accessories. Their layering system is second to none! While it does come at a price, it is the very best you can buy.
Scott Sweet

www.teamccmarine.com
www.rangerboats.com
www.humminbird.com
www.minnkotamotors.com
www.lews.com
www.phenixrods.com
www.odysseybattery.com
www.simmsfishing.com
www.peregrine250.com