Unity is the answer!

WON BASSIN

Unity is the answer!

Post by WON BASSIN »

Hay gang,

There has been a lot of talk on the forums regarding What? When? Where? and Why? So I thought I would take a moment and try and lay it out as far as how I see it!

I have now been running Won Bass for the past 3 season. The 2010 season was something that I was brought into when Harvey was still running things. The past 3 years have taught me a lot about the West and our anglers. I have met and made many new friends and memories during that time. I love what I do, and thank god everyday that he allows me to make a living in this great sport of fishing.

We all know to well that the economy is very tuff, and effects almost every aspect of our daily lives these days. I hear the same stories from all over the place, and I applaud those that have been able to make ends meet and still find the time and resources to compete in fishing tournaments. Fact is that the economy and travel expenses have all but put a strangle hold on any type of true traveling circuit. I have seen it myself, and have come to understand that to ask guys to travel and support a full season is near impossible. There are a million reasons why and I have heard them all. Every reason has it's merit, but the fact is that the expenses, and the fact that guys won't leave their home waters is what truly effects the true traveling circuit format.

Many days and hours were spent working on our "NEW" schedule for 2013. There were many events to avoid, and holidays that interfered, but with time and planning a schedule that we feel is the "Best" has been developed and offered. It is up to you the anglers to rally together and support and PROVE to the industry that the West is not a waste of the sponsors time and money. We have been going about things the same way for to long, and the sponsors have made it quit clear what type of events they want to be involved with. Those type of events are plan and simple the "BIG" open style events. After the hugely successful 2012 30th anniversary U.S. Open, we were approached by all of our sponsors for Won Bass, and they expressed that they wanted to be more involved with bigger and better events, that draw more anglers and spectators to the sport. The same old thing was just not going to get their support and backing. Hence the new schedule we have produced for 2013.

It has been mentioned many times recently that we ( the anglers ) need to support what is available and do what we can to support the organizations that we do have and prove to the world that we are a power to be reckoned with. Now is that time to rally together and help show the rest of the Nation, that the West is something to pay attention to. That we as anglers are here to stay and we plan on proving them all wrong. Without unity this can never work, and the big sponsorship deals will never make their way to some of the best fisherman in the entire Nation.

Won Bass is offering 4 Pro/Am style events, with 2 in the North and 2 in the South. These events are stand alone events with no year end championship. They offer great paybacks with built in options payouts, as well as a "Free" entry into the big game at this years U.S. Open for both the winning Pro and AAA at each of the 4 Pro/Am events. The prices have been modified to include options for one simple price. It may not be for everyone, but the structure is sound, and will make for some great events. We are even offering and "Early Bird" special for those that register their deposit 3 weeks prior to the event date, by awarding one lucky Pro and AAA a "FREE" entry into each individual Pro/Am event.

In addition to our 4 Pro/Am events, Won Bass is also offering what many Northern anglers have been asking for, which is a Clear Lake Open style event. Well now you got it! I have attached the entry form for the Northern Cal Open at Clear Lake for those that are interested in fishing for some major money and sponsors prizes. Won Bass has secured all prizes and promotions for the Clear Lake Open, and are 95% of the way done with our Southern Cal Open at DVL sponsorships. As soon as we hear back from our sponsors regarding the DVL Open, we will post that entry form and payout structure for the DVL Open as well.

Regardless, the Clear Lake Open will be a $100,000 - 100+% payout event for the Pro's with $15,000 and a brand new Nitro Z7/Mercury prize package boat for first place. Check out the Northern Cal Clear Lake Open entry form and get signed up!

Through "Unity" it can be done!
Northern open entry.jpg
Northern open entry.jpg (306.67 KiB) Viewed 1418 times
Billy Egan
WON Bass Director
bille@wonews.com
949-366-0248
littlebailey

Re: Unity is the answer!

Post by littlebailey »

I think everything will work out great with these new events. Thank you Won Bass for staying on top of your sponsors and providing us the opportunity to fish for a boat again. If people cry about this they can just sit at home and watch because they're the ones killing the west, not the guys that try, try and try to fish where and when they can. Bravo wonbass. We only have two options for pro tournies in cali this year. Keep crying about the cost and your 100 percent paybacks and we wont have any! Just a heads up. Tournies dont run themselves and if you think %100 payback is a must, or your the guy that wont fish if its not %100 then your the reason we dont have any tournies anymore. Your still stuck under the same rock you were 3 years ago. Come back out in two years and you'll see you have nothing but 10 boat team tournies. Great job wonbass.
"Posse Approved"
www.reactorwatch.com
www.bassaholics.com
www.irodfishing.com
biteme

Post by biteme »

Congrats Won! Looks like the Anglers win after all.
Zak Elrite

Post by Zak Elrite »

WON Bass and Billy, great job! I know it's tough to put these events on in this economy and there is a lot of "it's not good enough" attitude. Still, this is a great approach to bring the big money and events back to the west. I'll be there and hopefully on the front of the boat! Thanks again!
[b]Zak Elrite[/b]
Bagel Bar, Mercury Marine, Lowrance, Coyote Bait & Tackle, Ben Green Insurance, G-Funk Baits, Keitech, Spearpoint Hooks, Dobyns Rods, Lews Reels, Bucknbass
bazs

Post by bazs »

Well put Paul, and Billy and WON Bass, thanks for being willing to try and breath new life into 2013. Too many guys are fence riders now a days and it seems to often that they are looking for an excuse to not show up to events.
Times are tough but there are quite a few guys I know that can afford to fish but choose to make excuses. I firmly believe a lot of it is the fact that years ago each pro am style event was for a boat and now its just payback. Well fellas I have to say the ONLY WAY we will be able to get back to Prize Boats is to support WON Bass and show their sponsors that there is enough support from anglers to justify them stepping up at that sponsor level.
There are many on Westernbass who do not ever want to be tournament regulars, and there are many who do. All I, and the other guys who tournament fish, can ask is if you do not plan on participating in the events don't bash them to make conversation. Maybe we need to realize there is a difference between tournament and non competing anglers and trophy hunters. Each have an agenda and all are NOT necessarily the same.
We tournament anglers need to stand together all the time and support regional orgs that provide services to us. FLW and WON bass are the ONLY choices.
This new format for WON Bass offers a great format and its a great way for guys who want to step up from the Future Pro and alike to get into larger events and see they can compete. Ya the entry is more but so is the reward.
See you at the check in and i hope to see a bunch of new faces!