7.Steve Foutch 11-01
8.Greg Gutierrez 10-13
9.Paul Hodges III 10-15
10.Joshua Rhodes 9-07

Entire standings at FLW Outdoors
swordfish

Re: FLW Western EverStart Roosevelt Day 1

Post by swordfish »

Too bad flw had so many anglers drive that far to fish that lake. many other choices would have been better starting with Havasu, Roosevelt is a long haul for most, north or south fisherman for a lake with marginal results at best in the past. A poor choice in my opionion my bet is the anglers would rather have been on a different lake no matter what the weather conditions. Look out for joey c and jeff michaels.
Last edited by swordfish on Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
the best way to catch a big one is don't lose um sharp hooks set drag retie!
GKramer

Post by GKramer »

I look at the names and weights down the list at one of the fishiest lakes in the West and I remember why I write stories instead of try and cast for cash. But watch, some things will change tomorrow.
swordfish

Post by swordfish »

One of the fishiest lakes in the west? Not even close in the west, let alone the southwest how about Powell as one example? (Although Lake Powell would have been even colder) Roosevelt was a poor choice in my mind and was selected for community paybacks as I see it, nothing wrong with a tough bite just a long run and gas expense for the anglers to compete on that lake that has seen better days and water levels.
the best way to catch a big one is don't lose um sharp hooks set drag retie!
GKramer

Post by GKramer »

Swordie: you only need one bass to have a tournament. I know. I've covered hundreds.
DL

Post by DL »

swordfish wrote:Too bad flw had so many anglers drive that far to fish that lake. many other choices would have been better starting with Havasu, Roosevelt is a long haul for most, north or south fisherman for a lake with marginal results at best in the past.
Is this why you aren't there?
"Feel the steel"
elfish16

Post by elfish16 »

my boy Fuqua sitting in 4th!!! He does well on this lake, and being from Ventura area he may have a few tricks up his sleeves!

FLW is a travelling circuit...don't like the choices don't fish it! Plain and simple. Kuddos to those who made the treck!
Eric Elshere

https://donssmokinsalmon.com
https://maxima-lines.com
whazup

Post by whazup »

elfish16 wrote:my boy Fuqua sitting in 4th!!! He does well on this lake, and being from Ventura area he may have a few tricks up his sleeves!

FLW is a travelling circuit...don't like the choices don't fish it! Plain and simple. Kuddos to those who made the treck!
+1 Yes the fishing was tough. But guess what ? Someone won it. Think he thinks it was worth the trip?
Fish Laugh at the Mention of My Name
Cooch

Post by Cooch »

Roosevelt musta not been too bad a choice for the 93 who did show up, certainly out drew this month's event on the infamous Toledo Bend! That's all part of tournament fishing at this level Swordy, the 93 who fished, probably could careless about the travel, it is what it is and their heart & soul is in chasing the dream, no matter how far, how tough the bite is or what the cost is. For those who chose not to make the trek down there for the reasons ya mention, probably don't have the skill level and compassion for competative fishing like those who did go to Roosevelt.

Who do ya make happy? Travel has been an issue in the west. 51 of the 93 anglers at Roosevelt, were from AZ, NV, UT or CO for this event. Yet only 13 of the 115 that fished Oroville were from the same demagraphics. Maybe it would have been more prudent for FLW ta start at Roosevelt, with the hopes of high enough finishes from those guys, ta draw a larger number of them to the California, Oroville event. It's a "catch 22" really, as vast as the 7 western states are, travel is a huge issue, no doubt. But it is far less of an issue than what the western guys have, who would like to fish BASS and there is no circuit out here. You got some serious travel if'n ya wanna fish BASS, unfortunately, there aren't enough guys like Zaldain, who are in a position to do that.

This is what we got here, you really wanna compete at this level, you gotta travel.
Andrew Jackson

Post by Andrew Jackson »

Always a whiney butt in the crowd. Poor choice for the PGA too golfing in Tucson in February and getting snow. What were they thinking........Really? Be gratefull they are engaging the West as I am sure the angler's that fished it are...