Weighting a Spook

WackySenko

Weighting a Spook

Post by WackySenko »

I want my spook to ride a lillte lower in the water, but still walk. I am going to try weighting different hooks and see which hook and how much weight leaves the action that it has now. Have any of you done or are doing this?
Thank You for any input.
Caudawg

Re: Weighting a Spook

Post by Caudawg »

I like to change out the hooks plus add round split rings too so the hooks swing more freely and won't get thrown as often with a head shake or jump. That usually adds just enough weight to get them to ride a little lower.
John Caulfield
Big Rock Sports- Territory Sales Manager (Norcal)
Freelance Outdoor Writer
WackySenko

Post by WackySenko »

Thank you Caudawg. I already have the hooks changed but did not add round split rings. I will try that before I add some wire to the hooks. Thanks
Stratos278

Post by Stratos278 »

Have you given any thought to using SuspenDots or suspend strips? That way you could easily add, subtract or move the weight around.
Jim C.
"Rip Some Lips!!!!"
Laserdoc

Post by Laserdoc »

There is a product made by zappau called wicked ball. They come in 3 different weights and they easily screw over and on to the treble hook. Can be taken off or changes in seconds. The light one is 1.1 and will make it ride different in water. i also use them on crank baits to make the bait react different
Ceaser

Post by Ceaser »

use 3x hooks.. those will make it sit lower than normal trebles by far. The 3x needlepoint owners are nice and sharp enough to drive home with a conventional bass rod.
is that glitter!? Nice boat tinkerbell!
WackySenko

Post by WackySenko »

Thank You for all the input. It does not look like I will get on the water until early April, VERY BUSY - SEVEN DAYS AWEEK - with work. Gotta pay the bills. I will post whatever I find after I get out again.
Thank You
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Laserdoc wrote:There is a product made by zappau called wicked ball. They come in 3 different weights and they easily screw over and on to the treble hook. Can be taken off or changes in seconds. The light one is 1.1 and will make it ride different in water. i also use them on crank baits to make the bait react different
Do those things come off during the retrieve? It doesn't look like it fastens very solidly.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
Laserdoc

Post by Laserdoc »

nope they screw on and havent lost one.they stay on good and dont get in the way of the hooks
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Laserdoc wrote:nope they screw on and havent lost one.they stay on good and dont get in the way of the hooks
Thanks.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY