Strike Cam - Lake Mead

TJD

Strike Cam - Lake Mead

Post by TJD »

Hi Guys,

Thought you might be interested in an excerpt from our film session at Lake Mead last week. We're looking forward to the US Open... should be challenging and a lot of fun. Good luck to everyone.

Enjoy,

Tim

WON BASSIN

Re: Strike Cam - Lake Mead

Post by WON BASSIN »

That is pretty dang cool. Love to try that out with some big baits!
Billy Egan
WON Bass Director
bille@wonews.com
949-366-0248
TJD

Post by TJD »

Thanks Billy - We're editing a recent film trip from Diamond Valley Lake where the main bait was a triple trout. Amazing how many big fish are in that pond... the film should be out soon.

Tim
Terry Smith

Post by Terry Smith »

That's some really interestings footage. Gives you A whole new look at how fish are responding to your lures and you can adjust colors on the fly to see what they want to eat!!!!!! Better than any fish finder on the market. Are you able to use this camera during tournaments?

Terry
http://www.basscat.com
http://www.tntbaits.com/
Lounge Lizard Extreme Bass Fishing
(916) 719-7225
TJD

Post by TJD »

Good question. The only restriction we're seeing in the rules of most major circuits deals with communications electronics. So we don't see a problem with use in tournaments, but would likely verify with each tourney director in advance just to be safe.

The greatest benefit for me personally has been during prefish. After catching a few good fish, I'll run the camera through the area to confirm what's holding them there... certain structure - bait, etc. I'll also check to see how they respond to certain lures, colors, etc. Then I'll use my HDS to identify other areas on the lake that set up the same way.

The camera also consistently shows me fish when I thought none were present in a certain area. That gives me the confidence to keep switching up baits, colors and presentations until they bite - rather than running all over for new water.

Thanks for the post - Tim.