Fisherman attacked at Lake Havasu

bobbie smyth

Fisherman attacked at Lake Havasu

Post by bobbie smyth »

A well known So. Calif. tournament fisherman reported that he was attacked by a giant, rogue, flesh eating beaver.
He was fishing in a team tournament on Lake Havasu when it happened. He said he was in the middle of landing,
what would have been the largest bass of the tournament, when the beaver attacked. The beaver just came out of
no where and tore the prize winning fish from his line.
Fishingnut

Re: Fisherman attacked at Lake Havasu

Post by Fishingnut »

We'll if it was a blonde headed beaver I would mind it.:)
Make one cast for me.
toddmc

Post by toddmc »

He was telling my partner and me about it after the tournament. I told him I too had problems with beavers on Havasu before. But, my problems were mostly because the beavers stayed away.
DL

Post by DL »

I thought Beavers were herbivores??
"Feel the steel"
TeamBeefmaster

Post by TeamBeefmaster »

Eat a beaver, save a tree.
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Havasu beavers usually eat the green that's in your wallet.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
TEAMDEADMONEY

Post by TEAMDEADMONEY »

Havasu beavers usually have faces that look like leather!!!!!

NO BUENO!!!!!

Pete
PeteMarinoGuideService.com
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

here is a bigg .. beaver

~~ I'm trying to think but nothing happens ~~
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8MhaihAw7I&feature=related
toddmc

Post by toddmc »

Beavers that big usually have a scary past or a lot of children.
bobbie smyth

Post by bobbie smyth »

Looking forward to what kind of BS fish story Bill comes up with this time at the
Clear Lake TOC this weekend. When its comes to Bill's fishing, he knows how to
keep us all laughing.
DL

Post by DL »

We've migrated to a beaver swimbait... The Top Beaver will be available at next years icast
"Feel the steel"
Bert

Post by Bert »

I find this amusing,A beaver that eats meat.It sounds like someone needed a excuse.Some times you have to MAN UP and tell the truth that you just had a bad day,or you really cant catch what you tell people.
Bill S

Post by Bill S »

WOW, You just got to love how people twist a story around to cause a little drama, gotta love it. At a recent TOC with NBW I had something happen that was out of left field, you can believe it or not. I asked a few locals if they had ever had this happen to them and this is what I said and what happened to me. I threw a small swimbait back into a pocket of tullies, the bait hit the water, a good size bass hit the bait in the back of the tullies, and then all hell breaks loose. I know that beavers do not eat bass, but then again strangers things happen(not saying a beaver at my bass either). So the bass makes a jump back there and then the water explodes and I see a freaking huge beaver and it is slapping his tail and my line breaks. Never seen anything like this and it sets me back a little. no matter what, that beaver was pissed because it followed me for 3 coves slapping his tail and causing a ruckus. I told JR and John Barron and they saw me in that area with the beaver(they saw the beaver as well). The most I can figure is timing, casting a swimbait in a back pocket and having a bass hit it the moment it hits the water and jumps(this was not fighting the fish half way back to my boat...really?) I do not know if the bass jumping scared and/or pissed off that beaver that was swimming on the front side of the tullie line. I might have pulled the bass into the beaver (thing was huge!) and my line broke. That was all that was said. I did not say it was a winning fish or a rouge beaver was chasing the bass I was catching (I only brought one to the scales that day). I do enjoy though that there are quit a few of you out there that just get worked up if I have anything to say, anything. One day I will tell you the story of hooking a coyote with a frog at Lake Casitas, or a bobcat with a big tube......guess nothing strange has ever happened to anyone out there fishing. Now you can proceed with your daily dose of gossip :)

Bill Siemantel
Fishingnut

Post by Fishingnut »

Let's hear from the "teams" partner Bernie what he saw.
Make one cast for me.
toddmc

Post by toddmc »

Thanks for giving us another reason to talk about beavers Bill. Yes, there really are quite a few real beavers on Havasu. I didn't deny you when you told Harry and me about it. I bet that one was protecting its young. I had one slap its tail on the water and try to keep me out of the back of one of the "ski coves" a few years ago. They are not something that you want to piss off. Just be glad it didn't take half of everything you had!
bobperry

Post by bobperry »

two years ago at a toc on clear lake, my partner hooks a fish in the tules on a worm. The fish starts to fight and splash which draws the attention of 4 otters. They all attacked at once. As my partner reeled the fish in, I started whacking the otters with the net. We boated it and it lived, missing dorsal fin and a partial tail. Randy asked my partner about the fish at weigh in. He told the story and it was good for a laugh.
Bill S

Post by Bill S »

Post from Fishingnut "Let's hear from the "teams" partner Bernie what he saw." Bernie or as I would like to call him "Dad" passed away a year ago. I was so grateful that my dad got me fishing at a very young age but we never had a chance to fish a tournament together with all of his health issues. I told my mom that I would fish with my father in spirt for a full year in both ABA and NBW and see what happens. We qualified and gave it a go at this years TOC. I think we finished 29th out of 70+ teams and he was with me the whole year in the boat, both pre-fishing and tournaments and saw everything. One day "Fishingnut" when you die and if you go to heaven you can ask him yourself.

Bill Siemantel
jrbasspro

Post by jrbasspro »

i have to back Bill on this guys
we were fishing the same area and had a GAINT beaver come up behind the boat and slap its tail when it went down.
i figure it came up from under the water and when it saw the boat it spooked about 1 minute later it surfaced on the point and it was a GAINT, i have seen beaver in the wild before and this was the biggest one i had ever seen.

walt
listen to that gut feeling!!!

"keep it clean and dry"
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

jrbasspro wrote:i have to back Bill on this guys
we were fishing the same area and had a GAINT beaver come up behind the boat and slap its tail when it went down.
i figure it came up from under the water and when it saw the boat it spooked about 1 minute later it surfaced on the point and it was a GAINT, i have seen beaver in the wild before and this was the biggest one i had ever seen.

walt
I'm sure it's because of the quagga mussels!
CLEAN AND DRY
Caudawg

Post by Caudawg »

Things like this happen all of the time. http://newsfeed.time.com/2013/10/28/wat ... ans-hands/
John Caulfield
Big Rock Sports- Territory Sales Manager (Norcal)
Freelance Outdoor Writer
Bill S

Post by Bill S »

bobbie smyth wrote:Looking forward to what kind of BS fish story Bill comes up with this time at the
keep us all laughing.
Thanks JR for the backing, though I didn't really need it, I appreciate it brother. The underlying problem is the bonehead "Bobbie Smith" that had nothing better to do than twist a story around and then get people chiming in. Sad that I have to tell mom not to look at this thread for the asinine remarks Fishingnut said about pops. Then again he was just following someone who started a post that had nothing positive to say and helped no one here to catch more fish.

Gone Fishing
Bill Siemantel
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Bill S wrote:
bobbie smyth wrote:Looking forward to what kind of BS fish story Bill comes up with this time at the
keep us all laughing.
Thanks JR for the backing, though I didn't really need it, I appreciate it brother. The underlying problem is the bonehead "Bobbie Smith" that had nothing better to do than twist a story around and then get people chiming in. Sad that I have to tell mom not to look at this thread for the asinine remarks Fishingnut said about pops. Then again he was just following someone who started a post that had nothing positive to say and helped no one here to catch more fish.

Gone Fishing
Bill Siemantel
Bill,
It's like Ron White said, "You can't fix stupid".
CLEAN AND DRY
bobbie smyth

Post by bobbie smyth »

I don't think it helps anybody's credibility when you call people names. We were just trying to have a little fun. When we first heard
this story we thought you were kidding, and we were laughing with you. Now people are laughing at you.

FISHING TIP OF THE DAY - Do not fish around beavers. :lol:
Dave Wilson

Post by Dave Wilson »

Well in actuality, beavers do, and have, attacked people and left the people with some nasty bite wounds. So, in this case, I'd believe a beaver attacking.