Lowrance HDS 10 / handheld GPS question?

NoDragging

Lowrance HDS 10 / handheld GPS question?

Post by NoDragging »

Does anyone make a handheld that is compatible with an hds? I have a navionics chip in my Lowrance and was wondering if I could put it in a handheld to walk around and mark some stuff that is out of water. Please let me know if anything like this exists or if anyone has any other ideas. Thanks
hydro

Re: Lowrance has 10 / handheld GPS question?

Post by hydro »

connect your HDS unit to a small 12v battery hidden in a backpack for power . Next carry your HDS around in front of you pretending like its the latest new fancy tablet while marking stuff and maybe nobody will notice .Sorry but this was all I could come up with .
medfish

Post by medfish »

Use any hand held GPS. Mark your spots walking Then just transfer the numbers manually. Latitude and longitude are going to be the same with both units Used to swap numbers on the ocean that way for salmon and tuna.
bassz21

Post by bassz21 »

lowrance makes hanheld gps units with card slots so I do not see why it would not work ive been thinking the same thing
http://www.lowrance.com/en-US/Resources ... en-us.aspx
NoDragging

Post by NoDragging »

Thanks guys! Hydro, a buddy of mine actually has a 12v supply so he can mess with his graph in his house. The thought crossed my mind!
Marc

Post by Marc »

I use the Lowrance Endura Safari handheld. Has a color touch screen and a map card slot (miniSD). Not sure your map card will work in it, but my Hot Spots card works for contours and fishing information. I also have a mini SD card for using it for turn-by-turn street navigation, and it works great. I use this all the time when traveling by air and using rental cars, and then I have it for fishing also. Get a 12v power cord for it also.
www.RangerBoats.com
www.Evinrude.com
www.QuickDropsWeights.com
www.Yamamoto.Baits.com
www.Lamiglas.com
www.Gamakatsu.com
www.LuckyCraft.com
www.Lowrance.com
www.TransducerShieldandSaver.com