Looking for bass boat alarm while I'm in hotel room?

Big Ed

Looking for bass boat alarm while I'm in hotel room?

Post by Big Ed »

I'm hitting the road soon on an extended bass fishing road trip. I will be traveling with my bass boat in tow. Is there such an alarm type of system that will alert me in my hotel room while I'm asleep after having a few refreshments with my expensive bass boat all alone in the parking lot with all my gear and electronics? I will use my boat cover and locker bars but I would feel much better with some extra piece of mind. I'm planning a many lakes trip in a short time span type of trip. I'm a good disguiser of clean and dry, just clean it and dry it!

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks; Big Ed!
What you say is meaningless.........What you do is everything!
Ron T.

Re: Looking for bass boat alarm while I'm in hotel room?

Post by Ron T. »

A thief is a thief. All you can do as far as I know are good quality locker bars and take your electronics in the room with you. I always spend the time to take anything I don't want to loose in with me. especially my rods. Otherwise if they want it they will find a way to take it. Even if it means the whole rig. Hopefully there is security in the parking lot. If not ask the counter person if you can park in a spot that is highly visible from the counter. Otherwise have a few more refreshments so you can sleep without the worries :)... A good trailer wheel lock cant hurt either. I think a cover just helps a thief hide while ravaging threw your goods. Might wanna leave that off.
Revoke36

Post by Revoke36 »

I believe TH marine makes a two way boat alarm. From what I've been told by the guys that fish and travel, they say take all of your gear to your hotel room. Leave everything unlocked. You might have someone go through your boat but at least they didn't break anything or get any of your gear. It's a pain and timely chore but the pros outweigh the cons significantly.
Support 81
Cooch

Post by Cooch »

There are two things you can do, one is install a motion sensor to the rod lockers much like what we have on our cars, they put any pressure on those lockers, it goes off and alerts everyone with in ear shot somethin ain't right.

Secondly, you can add a second cell phone to your existing plan, that has GP tracking, add an App to this phone and any other phone you choose that connects the phones as well as e-mail. You hide this phone in a secure place where it is not easily found on the boat. You then tag it's location before heading to your room, if that boat moves 50 feet from it's location, yer phone goes off, e-mail notification and you jump onto the APP and it GPS locates yer boat with in seconds!
medfish

Post by medfish »

Get a nursey monitor. Lets you hear what's going on in your boat some even have video. Range may be an issue. But works great and is not to exspensive
Quasi

Post by Quasi »

A big rat trap in the glove box works all the time.
fishinman

Post by fishinman »

Quasi wrote:A big rat trap in the glove box works all the time.
I use about 15 mouse traps, the only problem is the cat screaming wakes you up!!!!!! The little basterds were peeing in my boat. I fixed their their wagon. smart little critters never came back.
DanO

Post by DanO »

Kevin VanDam uses one that has a key fob he takes into his room at night. The key fob sounds an audible alarm, as does the alarm in the boat.

He demonstrates it here on our Under the Lid video

[url]http://advancedAngler.com/?p=7215[url/]

DanO
davet.

Post by davet. »

You can get a wireless motion detector at home depot (cheap, round $50) that triggers a light and alarm that plugs into your room socket.
It was originally made to mount at the end of your driveway and light up your porch lights when you drove up.
Then I saw they came with audible alarm, good idea.
I bought one after my third catalytic converter "event". Mounted it over my garage door and plugged the receiver in my bedroom with a 100 watt bulb.
Within one month, I had 2 scumbags looking down the barrel of my pistol.
I was thinking, you could just throw the motion detector on the floor, under the cover and plug the light/alarm receiver next to your bed.
When it wakes you up, you know it's "PARTY TIME" on some scumbags noggin.
www.powerskoop.com
....it aint rocket science!