Rain Dance

rexford

Rain Dance

Post by rexford »

This lack of rain is ridiculous. Will someone please post it already...
bassz21

Re: Rain Dance

Post by bassz21 »

+1 x1000 for that rain dance we need it
bayscotter

Post by bayscotter »

It doesn't matter, SoCal water merchants take it all anyway :cry:
kraetzer

Post by kraetzer »

Next week 70's -> get ready for the spawn!
kraetzer

"I am ready to face any challenge that might be foolish enough to face me" - Dwight K. Schrute
CG

Post by CG »

Hate to get political on the fishing forum, but if the "peripheral tunnels" are indeed built, our reservoirs are gonna look like they do now, even if there is normal snow / rainfall. This is not a partisan party issue at all. Need to listen to Barrack more closely - the tunnels will damage all of our fisheries, not just the Delta. Look up Over Troubled Waters. Really important stuff guys.

Sorry for the rant. CG
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

CG wrote:Hate to get political on the fishing forum, but if the "peripheral tunnels" are indeed built, our reservoirs are gonna look like they do now, even if there is normal snow / rainfall. This is not a partisan party issue at all. Need to listen to Barrack more closely - the tunnels will damage all of our fisheries, not just the Delta. Look up Over Troubled Waters. Really important stuff guys.

Sorry for the rant. CG
It's not a rant if it's true, and it is. You can't get more from less.
We need more reservoirs for storage, no less water flowing into the Delta.

Maybe we'll be able to ship all that "excess" water down to SoCal on the High Speed Rail.
Yeah, that's the ticket!
No, wait, there isn't a stop for the San Joaquin water districts, so that won't work.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
CG

Post by CG »

Don't disagree re: the need for more reservoirs, but there will be no money for that, cause the big money interests that want to build the tunnels would likely not profit from new lakes, unless they link to the tunnels of course.

Plain and simple - building the tunnels is all about PRIVATE CORPORATE interests making HUGE profits shipping water south. They don't care if they leave lakes dry / low, turn the Delta into a saltwater marsh, decimate salmon, striper, & bass fisheries, and ruin several "small town" economies in the process. Shark and ray tournaments out of Russo's anyone???

Seriously, watch the video, please (Over Troubled Waters). I am in no way the person to speak on this - Bobby Barrack is the man, and we as fisherman should all listen to what he is saying VERY, VERY carefully. Bob will talk to ya one on one about this if ya run in to him, but ya better be ready - yer ears are gonna be burnin' when he's done!!

Bugs the crap out of me, so I brought it up.
george

Post by george »

Ok you guys! I just put in an order for 3-5 inches the last week of this month. Spoke directly to the big man and he said that he had been busy trying to fix the damn Canadian snow machine that is stuck in the on position.
So anyway I got a P.O. accepted for the end of the month for the entire west coast, I just ask that all of you guys be ready and don't whine about the getting wet on tournament day. You know five inches in a week or so can get pretty nasty but its the best I could do! :wink: lol

George
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

george wrote:Ok you guys! I just put in an order for 3-5 inches the last week of this month. Spoke directly to the big man and he said that he had been busy trying to fix the damn Canadian snow machine that is stuck in the on position.
So anyway I got a P.O. accepted for the end of the month for the entire west coast, I just ask that all of you guys be ready and don't whine about the getting wet on tournament day. You know five inches in a week or so can get pretty nasty but its the best I could do! :wink: lol

George
Yu Da Man!!!
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY