Can your Jig do this?

NuTech Lures

Can your Jig do this?

Post by NuTech Lures »

Jeremy going over several strong points of the Nujig and its capabilities.
Last edited by NuTech Lures on Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
NuTech Lures

Re: Can your Jig do this?

Post by NuTech Lures »

underwater footage
MT

Post by MT »

A couple of dowels to represent the mouth of a bass is a little far fetched. A bass inhales and then crushes it's prey so I doubt that a single weed guard would ever cause the bait to roll on it's side during hookset. The weedguard should never be stiff enough to do that. I trim alot of fibers out of mine anyway. In my experience a missed fish on a jig was a tailbiter most of the time anyway and if it's a spot I just let it fall right back down and the stupid thing eats it. I still think it's a cool jig and I like the double weedguard but you might be going a little far to try and convince anglers that these are different. So to answer your question, ya, my jigs can do this.
george

Post by george »

Pretty good demonstration Jeremy! I have several of the Nutech jigs already and they are crazy good! I was a little hesitant about the double weed guards at first but I have not seen any change in the number of fish I am sticking with these jigs; to tell you the truth I am not having to re-tie due to break offs and snags so it definitely works.
I have been using Strike King jigs for years and California Reservoir jigs recently but I have found that I am losing and having to replace them often, both are great jigs that I have confidence in but I am having to replace them often especially when fishing thick brush and rip rap.
I have not lost a Nutech jig yet! I have had them hang up but was able to shake them loose and get my bait back, that is worth the price by itself.
But like any tool or bait you are going to use them in situations that you feel they will work until you build confidence in it and then expand from there. I have at least one tied on at all times and two or more most of the time.

Like I have said before, Nutech jigs are a new tool and like any new product they will get the nay sayers just due to being different but I will win a tournament or two this year with them alone and probably wont have to replace one do to losing it.
I have found that the few guys that I have let them tie one of my Nutech jigs on that I have to remind them to cut it off and give it back when we are done fishing! lol

Any way, great jig and keep up the good work! These jigs will be one of those baits that every one who fishes will at some point buy one and kick their selves in the butt for not doing it long before.

George
VJ

Post by VJ »

I throw Nujigs currently and before I threw lots of popular brands which do work, but the Nujig is definitely more weedless especially in heavy tules or wood in my experience. Im not saying other jigs wont catch fish because they will and do but if you want the most weedless jig and a jig with some science behind why it rotates to vertical this is it. Everyone that says there jig is the same should really try it for themselves u might be pretty surprised.
Nutechlures.com
RB BASS FISHING
trophybaits.com
genesistinting.com
MT

Post by MT »

One more thing. Comparing that head to that snootie head he was dragging through the rocks isn't a valid comparison. That head is obviously going to roll on it's side. That's why it's not that popular. I mainly pour football heads and arkys because they don't roll over. Again, nice jig. Not knocking it. Just a little skeptical of the sales pitch I guess.
george

Post by george »

Before I bought these jigs I would only throw football or arkie heads, but I still lost a lot of them due to them having a tendency like most jigs to hang up. The Nutech jigs do exactly what they were designed to do and what they say they do and that is stand up and not get hung up; as well at they roll into position when bit that always sticks the fish in the top of the mouth.
It is a great design and if I could get any of my other baits; spinner baits/swim baits/ rip baits to give me design that they would almost never get hung up I would be buying them and trying them, they are a different design then any other jig out there and they work.

George
gabuelhaj

Post by gabuelhaj »

I will preface to say that I have lost several "once in a lifetime" fish on other "local name brand" jigs on the Delta. I have fished local name-brand jigs that are mentioned here on this site and lost fish. Big fish. When those big fish eat a jig, they eat a jig and this is what the dowels are "simulating" as demonstrated in the video. With a single based weed guard jig, sometimes, you lead the fish to the side of the boat and that fish will open his mouth and "pop" out comes that jig. I have modified the fiber weed guards by trimming, thinning, putting a V and all that plus tweeking the hookpoint out like we all do and still, loose fish on those single based weed guard jigs. I have found that the Revenge jigs are the closet to this NuJig in hooking up ratio. I have also found that with the Arkie head style jigs, a more vertical hook set will increase your hookup ratio as in flippin'. That is why I like the local name brand jigs because of their hooks because they have those strong hooks. Now, I have been using this NuJig and haven't lost a good fish and is actually quite snagless and stays upright which makes for a greater presentation of the bait. Now, if I start to loose big fish on the NuJig, I'll be the first to say so. About the only thing I'd like to see is a beefier, stronger hook model of this jig. You can flip the current model NuJigs but I'd still like to see them with a beefier hook. BTW, I'm not sponsored by these guys or anyone else for that matter. Just describing my on the water experience with jigs.

Good luck!
Glenn Abuelhaj
flipit

Post by flipit »

Im gonna have to say yes my jigs can and do that as well.
Fishing should be fun.
george

Post by george »

I have fished tournaments at Clear Lake and on the delta that I have been on a jig bite and had big fish (winning fish on a few occasions; 6 to 8lb plus) come out of the water and the other jigs come flying out.
I have not had a single fish come unbuttoned on the Nutech jig, they are stuck through the top of their mouth! I have not had another jig do that before and I am sure it is due to the cam design and double weed guard which not only protects the hook from snagging but helps stop the jig from rotating sideways in the fish's mouth.

Like I said before; I was totally skeptical about the double weed guard in not allowing a clean hook set but it seems to be just the opposite with these jigs! I have tried and I have become very confident in this product.
If you don't want to try them it is totally up to you but I know you are missing something here and will look back at some time and ask your self why you did not try one sooner.

For a few bucks I will try pretty much anything just to see if it works, I can tell you first hand; they work! If one of the major brand companies would have come out with this product most guys would jump all over it but when its something you never have seen or heard of before we all seem to be a little reluctant to try.

I have several companies that will send me all the product I want if I will fish it and push it but I don't have confidence in their product so I wont use it. This product is the real deal and should be added to every anglers tool box. There will be times when you have more confidence in a different jig or product just based on the situation you are fishing but I guarantee you that there will be a lot of times when you will not put this jig down!

George
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Your subject line sounds like the Genie in Aladdin.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
george

Post by george »

Hey Mark,
There may be more truth to your statement then you know; I think these jigs have magical powers! lol

George
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Maybe you should call your jig The Genie.
CLEAN AND DRY
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Sounds like Jeremy's Audition tape is for the next Infomercial sales guy for Oxi Clean.
~~ I'm trying to think but nothing happens ~~
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8MhaihAw7I&feature=related
swordfish

Post by swordfish »

Good one , I agree, the video could use decaff. The jig head and weed guards do look good, has merit to me , A jig bite is something I live for, that tick...and hookset on no pressure or feeling the fish just the tick and set then to feel a fish on is my favorite bite..besides worm fishin'.
the best way to catch a big one is don't lose um sharp hooks set drag retie!
merc1997

Post by merc1997 »

MT wrote:A couple of dowels to represent the mouth of a bass is a little far fetched. A bass inhales and then crushes it's prey so I doubt that a single weed guard would ever cause the bait to roll on it's side during hookset. The weedguard should never be stiff enough to do that. I trim alot of fibers out of mine anyway. In my experience a missed fish on a jig was a tailbiter most of the time anyway and if it's a spot I just let it fall right back down and the stupid thing eats it. I still think it's a cool jig and I like the double weedguard but you might be going a little far to try and convince anglers that these are different. So to answer your question, ya, my jigs can do this.
if you think any jig will stay upright after a bass bites down on it, you need to spend some time with one you catch. put your jig in its mouth and shut it up and see if you jig is sitting up. they will all end up laying flat. there is where a traditional jig (center based weed guard) gets in trouble. the center based weed guard will keep the hook at a flatter than vertical hooking angle. that is the point of the demonstration. it illustrates the inability on a center based weed guard jig to hook at a vertical hooking angle. that is why they hook all over the mouth and not consistently in the roof. plus they (center based weed guard) hang up an awful lot.

bo
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Bo, it needs a name. The Genie is available at no charge.

I agree that the double weed guard concept should work better. It makes the jig "fatter than it is tall", so it sits point up in the fish's mouth, plus it can't lay over flat.
Very clever, grasshopper! Hahaha
CLEAN AND DRY
longshot

Post by longshot »

I really don't miss very many jig fish with a revenge jig and I don't even trim the gaurd so that part doesn't concern me. The idea of less snags I'm interested in and I will have to buy a few to test the theory. I fish trees at Sonoma allot and loss a few jigs a trip easy.
Ls
george

Post by george »

Longshot; I have been fishing these jigs for a few months now and I have not lost one yet! I have been intentionally throwing them in places that I have been hesitant in the past to put a jig just because I know that I am going to lose the jig. The Nutech jig will come out of some real thick trees, trash and brush like you wont believe.
I have caught some really nice fish at Diamond Valley in the heavy cover and brush that I know I would have never caught before just because I was not afraid of losing the Nujig bait.
They will hang up in rip rap sometimes but just move over the top of them and they will shake loose!

There are some really good jigs out there that will catch fish and they should stay in your tackle box, the Nujig allows you to put the bait in places you would not normally throw into or you would pitch into expecting to get hung up. Nujig allows you to fish cover with multiple cast where with other jigs you may get one cast in before you are having to move into to try and retrieve it or break it off.

Nujig is not there to be the only jig in your box, it is there to be another tool in your box! But it can and should be used in open water also, as well as fished deep with a added weight for those fish at 40,50 and 60 feet.

You will do yourself a dis-service if you don't give them a try in those flooded trees and brush!

George
Bruce Theriot

Post by Bruce Theriot »

Mine does!! I have been using Nu Tech Jigs for about 15 months now and really like them. I lose very few jigs and am able to get most unsnagged either by shaking them loose or getting over top of them and getting them loose. I'm very satisfied with them and need to try the football jigs to see how they work. You guys need to give them an honest try and then decide if they are what you want or not.
Last edited by Bruce Theriot on Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gixxer464

Post by gixxer464 »

I just ordered a few of these jigs. Cant wait to try them out.
whazup

Post by whazup »

gixxer464 wrote:I just ordered a few of these jigs. Cant wait to try them out.
Likewise. My first action however will be to glue the skirts on. I lose a lot of skirts.
Fish Laugh at the Mention of My Name
george

Post by george »

Where can you find these jigs in SoCal and NorCal for that matter? Any of the shops or BPS carry them?

George
Bruce Theriot

Post by Bruce Theriot »

Tackle Warehouse carries them or you can order direct from Nu Tech themselves.
whazup

Post by whazup »

Bruce Theriot wrote:Tackle Warehouse carries them or you can order direct from Nu Tech themselves.
TW is a little cheaper....found out after I ordered from NuTech... :(
george

Post by george »

I called " Last Chance Bait & Tackle" and they said that they have a few samples but have not ordered any stock yet, so I will contact Tackle Warehouse!
I am surprised Anglers Marines and the shops on the coast have not gotten these jigs in stock for the off shore guys, they seem like they would be perfect for Calicos out in the kelp beds just because they are so hard to hang up and lose!

George
gabuelhaj

Post by gabuelhaj »

Likewise. My first action however will be to glue the skirts on. I lose a lot of skirts.
You can get the Iovino hand tied NuTech jig from Tackle Warehouse or you can get the naked ones directly from NuTech Lures and tie your own.

Good luck!
Glenn Abuelhaj
george

Post by george »

What a lot of folks are missing about the Nutech jig is that in thirty seconds you can add a spinner bait wire with blades and put out a totally different presentation!

Or you can add a blade to the hook and end up with what Nutech calls the "Whiz Jig" and slow roll it along the bottom at 30,40,50 feet! You would be surprised at what you can catch doing this and still not get hung up! This works great on the delta or Clear Lake on the sparse tully points and deep rock piles!

I think it could be the most versatile bait out there, literally four or five applications from one jig! So if you don't have to buy a high end spinner bait and swim jig you can use the extra money to order two or three more colors of the Nujigs! lol

George
george

Post by george »

I got a chance to add the spinner bait attachment to one of my Nujigs this last week and was slow rolling it at about 25-30 deep, man is this bait versatile! I think this may be my new favorite jig! You guys that are fishing Clear Lake need to take notice, this Jig will win several events up there this year.

George
Last edited by george on Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
jiggin4bass

Post by jiggin4bass »

If you build them for the structure your going to fish open flats, rock piles, rock structure, trees, brush piles and you fish them the correct way you shouldn't lose the jigs or the fish. Custom building jigs are specialty and are built to catch fish not fisherman.
Home Of The Original Puffball Jig
Building and fishing custom jigs
since 1977
Madera Ca.
Favorite Lakes
Eastman
Hensley
whazup

Post by whazup »

Weelllll, hate to rain on the parade, but I have to say I was really disappointed in the NuTech jig. I bought three of them a couple weeks ago, and lost two of them within about 15 casts. I never took the third out of my tackle box. I bought the 1/2 oz and they just couldn't deal with the rocky bottom. I love the concept and will probably try them again but I am a little hesitant. I have never had this much trouble with a jig. I didn't check to see if NuTech is a Westernbass sponsor before I wrote this, and if they are I am sorry to rag on them. But, facts are facts.....Maybe Ill go lighter....
merc1997

Post by merc1997 »

whazup wrote:Weelllll, hate to rain on the parade, but I have to say I was really disappointed in the NuTech jig. I bought three of them a couple weeks ago, and lost two of them within about 15 casts. I never took the third out of my tackle box. I bought the 1/2 oz and they just couldn't deal with the rocky bottom. I love the concept and will probably try them again but I am a little hesitant. I have never had this much trouble with a jig. I didn't check to see if NuTech is a Westernbass sponsor before I wrote this, and if they are I am sorry to rag on them. But, facts are facts.....Maybe Ill go lighter....
i am sorry to hear you are having trouble in rocks. since most everyone does not have that problem, and we certainly do not mind anyone expressing their experience, i would like to ask a few questions. are you dragging uphill?? what rod action are you using?? when you did hang, did you get over the top of the jig and pull or bow twang, or just pull from where you were at?? what type of line are you using?? did you trim or modify the guide arms?? these are all just questions that might help me figure out what is going on. we have several fisherman out on the west coast using NuJigs even for fishing rock jettys and kelp beds in salt water, and they are not having hanging issues. shoot me a pm with your mailing info, and we will send you a couple.

bo
george

Post by george »

Wow, I have all the original Nutech jigs that I got four or five months ago and fished them in all the heavy rock at Diamond Valley and Skinner as well as the rip-rap along the dam and have not lost any; and I have been fishing them a lot!
There will be times when the jig will become stuck in between a couple of rocks but if you move over the top of it and just shake it loose you will get it back every time.
I am throwing it on 15# Flourocarbon and have had zero issues! Next month when I am up on the delta and Clear Lake I will be throwing it on 65# braid in some real knarly stuff and barring anything crazy I will bet money I am going to come home with the same jigs I started with.
That's one of the cool parts of this jig, you just don't loose them!

George
whazup

Post by whazup »

merc1997 wrote:
whazup wrote:Weelllll, hate to rain on the parade, but I have to say I was really disappointed in the NuTech jig. I bought three of them a couple weeks ago, and lost two of them within about 15 casts. I never took the third out of my tackle box. I bought the 1/2 oz and they just couldn't deal with the rocky bottom. I love the concept and will probably try them again but I am a little hesitant. I have never had this much trouble with a jig. I didn't check to see if NuTech is a Westernbass sponsor before I wrote this, and if they are I am sorry to rag on them. But, facts are facts.....Maybe Ill go lighter....
i am sorry to hear you are having trouble in rocks. since most everyone does not have that problem, and we certainly do not mind anyone expressing their experience, i would like to ask a few questions. are you dragging uphill?? what rod action are you using?? when you did hang, did you get over the top of the jig and pull or bow twang, or just pull from where you were at?? what type of line are you using?? did you trim or modify the guide arms?? these are all just questions that might help me figure out what is going on. we have several fisherman out on the west coast using NuJigs even for fishing rock jettys and kelp beds in salt water, and they are not having hanging issues. shoot me a pm with your mailing info, and we will send you a couple.

bo
Thank you for your response. I guess I did unintentionally leave out a few pertinent facts. I didn't have my boat so yes, I was fishing up hill. That was probably my first mistake. I am planning on taking the boat out next week so will probably order some more to give them a fair shot. I appreciate your offer, but I can't accept. I pay for my own mistakes. I really like the looks so I have not given up on them. Thanks again.