New ETEC outboard design

Brian D.

New ETEC outboard design

Post by Brian D. »

Check it out.. Is this the shape of things to come?

~~ I'm trying to think but nothing happens ~~
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8MhaihAw7I&feature=related
poacher

Re: New ETEC outboard design

Post by poacher »

Be the guinea pig and buy one.. let us know how that works out for you. .
kraetzer

Post by kraetzer »

Maybe it's just because it's a new and different design but I think it's the ugliest engine ever.
kraetzer

"I am ready to face any challenge that might be foolish enough to face me" - Dwight K. Schrute
Robb R

Post by Robb R »

I like the new design , but I would really like to hear some detailed comments
on why , what , how it might be better ---technical reasons , not some marketing guy
talking "hole shots " .
I want to hear if it will last longer , run better etc....
The design is WAY cool , no back it up with why it's better......
Robb
Jim Moulton

Post by Jim Moulton »

I watched the unveiling video and this is what I got out of it.
More torque, more power, better fuel economy, less emissions, built in power steering, and one cord to rig it. No more steering hose's!
It comes in Grey with 5 color options on the panels, and multiple color logo options.
5 year warranty, 5 year corrosion warranty, and 5 years no scheduled dealer maintenance. Search Evinrude G2 you should be able to find more info.

Jim
Last edited by Jim Moulton on Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
www.teamccmarine.com
C & C Marine
Modesto Ca
209-526-4120
Ranger Boats
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Put some spinners on the trailer and you're stylin'!

I'm pretty sure it will be fine if the engine does everything they say it can do.
To me, the Prius is butt ugly, but there are lots of them on the road.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
Bruce D. Gibson

Post by Bruce D. Gibson »

My question might be stupid, but how long before one of the side cover keepers wears out and there goes a side cover while on full pad or going down the freeway?
would like to respond and advertise on your site. don't understand "html" or "aim" and have never used the messenger. nor do i have a web site. Just want to buy a bass boat.
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Bruce D. Gibson wrote:My question might be stupid, but how long before one of the side cover keepers wears out and there goes a side cover while on full pad or going down the freeway?
I guessing, with six screws holding each side plate on, it won't be any more frequent than guys losing their cowlings, and probably less frequent, because of the multiple attachments.
I'm not an Evinrude person, I have only owned and run Mercuries, but let's give this new motor a chance.
If it's good, it's good.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
Bruce D. Gibson

Post by Bruce D. Gibson »

Thanks for pointing out the screws, I thought they were "push-in " nylon type. Those would wear out quickly. I have (had been) an Evinrude guy for quite a number of years until the first E-tecs came out. I brought a Yamaha on the back of my current boat and every things fine. A lot of $$$ just to change back over. From what I've read, they'd taken care of the lower unit problems.
would like to respond and advertise on your site. don't understand "html" or "aim" and have never used the messenger. nor do i have a web site. Just want to buy a bass boat.
Popper

Post by Popper »

The exterior design of the ETEC looks fantastic in my opnion. This version of the ETEC provides a color option of the cowling, top, side plates and stripes.
I prefer a solid color myself which is one of the options, but to customize your motor with various colors is a nice option.

-Good job BRP

-Ed