Tahoe Keys bass fishing

kyleflyfish

Tahoe Keys bass fishing

Post by kyleflyfish »

I used to see and catch big bass off the docks in the Tahoe Keys. Now, I only see bass in the 4"-10" range. Bluegill population hasn't gone down. Anyone know where or how to catch the bigger bass? I know they're in there somewhere.
Old dog

Re: Tahoe Keys bass fishing

Post by Old dog »

We have a cabin in south shore. The people in charge of keeping the lake clear are trying to get rid of any warm water species. I read in the local papers they feel these species, including bass & blue gills, contribute some how to the problem.
DAVE MOEN
fishwithron2

Post by fishwithron2 »

DFG shock most of the big bass out of the keys and there are still afew left which they missed. That was a secret spots as there were alot of big fish in there.
kyleflyfish

Post by kyleflyfish »

fishwithron2 wrote:DFG shock most of the big bass out of the keys and there are still afew left which they missed. That was a secret spots as there were alot of big fish in there.
I saw a guy flipping jigs at the opening to the main lake. He caught two fish in three casts. Not sure where these "secret spots" are, but it gives me hope.Thanks
GW

Post by GW »

I have caught up to 4 pounders in the Keys as recent as last year, however as someone mentioned the DFG, Keep Tahoe blue folks and some other environmental wackos are shocking and killing all the bass in there. I am sure they missed some but it will be years before they get big again givin the short growing season. There are reports of Smallmouth out on the lake and I was going to check it out this summer but an injury is keeping me down so it will have to wait until next summer