Dobyns Rod problem

jerrysfishing

Dobyns Rod problem

Post by jerrysfishing »

Fixed, Thanks guys
Last edited by jerrysfishing on Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mark Hiser

Re: Dobyns Rod problem

Post by Mark Hiser »

Well, the website has the warranty info, or you could call the shop- 530-671-1989.
Mark
2006tritontr20x

Post by 2006tritontr20x »

That is covered. You will get a whole new guide. No cost to you! Depending on where you live you can take your rod to the shop or call and talk to Dan (530) 671-1989 he will mail you a guide no charge, then you just take it to your tackle shop pay 5-10 bucks to have them install it. I have had this happen 3-4 times got my rods repaired at the Dobyns shop with ZERO problems! Dobyns is the best rod company in the business for a reason.
Last edited by 2006tritontr20x on Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
jerrysfishing

Post by jerrysfishing »

3 or 4 times !!! Sounds like a guide problem they need to address. I've owned a lot of rods from different companies and never had a guide insert pop out.
2006tritontr20x

Post by 2006tritontr20x »

jerrysfishing wrote:3 or 4 times !!! Sounds like a guide problem they need to address. I've owned a lot of rods from different companies and never had a guide insert pop out.

I have 18-20 rods from dobyns. I think mine are mostly from my rangers rod locker going in and out. I have started using rod socks and the problems are gone. I don't feel that dobyns has an issue. Its us being hard on are equipment.
jerrysfishing

Post by jerrysfishing »

The only thing I can think of that made my insert pop out was the uni knot ???
Mike

Post by Mike »

Not sure why you would ask a forum about fixing a guide when Gary has come in here many times and said to call or email him with Any problem you might have and he would gladly take care of it. Seem like that would be your first move then come here if you didn't get your desired results..... But that's just me :?
OG on WB since 1993
jerrysfishing

Post by jerrysfishing »

[quote="Mike"]Not sure why you would ask a forum about fixing a guide when Gary has come in here many times and said to call or email him with Any problem you might have and he would gladly take care of it. Seem like that would be your first move then come here if you didn't get your desired results..... But that's just me :?[/quote]

Not sure why you would make that remark, nothing better to do. I guess that's just you.
Last edited by jerrysfishing on Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

jerrysfishing wrote:
Mike wrote:Not sure why you would ask a forum about fixing a guide when Gary has come in here many times and said to call or email him with Any problem you might have and he would gladly take care of it. Seem like that would be your first move then come here if you didn't get your desired results..... But that's just me :?
Not sure why you would make that remark, nothing better to do. I guess that's just you.
Have you contacted Dobyns Rods yet? They have great customer service, and real people answer the phone.

I've only had one guide insert pop out, and that was on the tip of a Loomis rod years ago.
I reattached it with crazy glue and kept on fishing.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
Gene Buchholz

Post by Gene Buchholz »

That is a common problem with all rods. Loomis has always had that problem. Call Gary and have him send you guide or bring it to the Hook I have a repair person that can fix it and you'll never know the difference.
Champion Jon

Post by Champion Jon »

Dobyns has GREAT customer service and i'm sure they will take care of it. They have gone above and beyond for me a couple of times. Powell rods did nothing for me when I needed a new guide. I know what brand my next rod will be.