Clear lake

Rich hamilton

Clear lake

Post by Rich hamilton »

Now I feel a little better! NOT!!!!!!
http://www.record-bee.com/sports/ci_273 ... -any-worse

congrats to the guys who caught em :)
If I don't meet you no more in this world Then I'll see you in the next one. Don't be late... Don't be late... Stevie Ray/Hendrix
george

Re: Clear lake

Post by george »

This is the same story we get every other year "Clear Lake is on its last leg"! Yet record limits are being caught each year and last year I caught more six to ten inch bass then I have ever caught there, sometimes one on every cast throwing a small crank bait.
Clear Lake from December to February can be one of the toughest places on earth to catch a bass on an artificial bait, but come March/April and its lights out every year.
The last two years I fished events on this lake where we weighed in a 4.25 average each event over two days and did not cash a check!
These fish are moving off shore and schooling this time of year and when the ninety percent of anglers who are fishing the shore line are not catching fish start screaming that "The Sky is falling" and it must be there are no bass in the lake!
Large mouth are notorious for locking down with major changes in water temp, water level or barometric pressure, where as Berryessa has a huge spot population and spots do not seem to have the same mood changes as largemouth have with environmental variations.

Put the best anglers out there in a tournament setting and they will catch fish; Guys like Paul Bailey and Aron Britt do there home work and they are in class(on the water) lots of hours on Clear Lake, that is why they are very successful and the rest of us whine that it must be the bass population is down and the lake is going south!

George
clearlakeoutdoors

Post by clearlakeoutdoors »

Its always tuff here in jan.There are so many big shad in the lake the fish have lots to eat. You cant compare Berryessa to Clearlake when Berryessa is 8-10 degrees warmer right now. 45 degree in the mornings right now at Clearlake.Come march 25 pounds wont get a check!The north end is clearing up fast and the minnow bite is getting better everyday.The clearest and warmest water is down by rattlesnake.We still need tons of rain!!!!
Dave
bassrman

Post by bassrman »

Hey Dave ! you & Troy start doin the "Rain Dance"! OK!...
BigWorm

Post by BigWorm »

Big shad in the lake? I know there is a ton of silversides, but I thought the shad were gone?
Steve

Post by Steve »

Whoever wrote this article has no clue what they are talking about.
clearlakeoutdoors

The shad made a big comeback last fall. There are shad to 6 inches in the lake right now . By now most winters they have died off for the winter.The grebes are coming up with them everywhere in the south end.Some of the biggest fish are caught in Jan-Feb. You just cant go out and catch a bunch of them right now.
clearlakeoutdoors

Hey its RAINING!!!! :)