Oroville or New Melones?

GregD

Oroville or New Melones?

Post by GregD »

Question - if you were going fishing this weekend and had a choice between Oroville and New Melones... which would you choose?

I've been mostly off the water for the past year or so. Just been managing a few trips to the Delta once every couple of months. This weekend I thought I'd get the boat out of the garage and go after some spots at some lake besides the Delta. Any suggestions?

Thanks, Greg
Greg
MT

Re: Oroville or New Melones?

Post by MT »

Definitely Oroville. Melones has had the crap beat out of it and the water has been dropping for awhile. Dirt ramp already also. Oroville looks like it started dropping a little over a week ago but not at the rate that Melones was at first. I've gone up 3 times in the last 5 or 6 weeks and killed them every time so that's my vote.
Rich hamilton

Post by Rich hamilton »

Melonies is tough right now and the dirt ramp (no dock) requires 4x4. I would rather fish Oroville given the conditions I saw last thursday. Like earlier post stated the water is dropping fast and in my opinion looks more like a river than a lake. Have you considered Berryessa? RR
If I don't meet you no more in this world Then I'll see you in the next one. Don't be late... Don't be late... Stevie Ray/Hendrix
GregD

Post by GregD »

Thanks both of you for the info on NM. Sounds like Oroville will be the better bet.

I guess Berryessa would be a good idea also. It's just been a long time since I've been to Oroville so I was leaning toward trying it.
Greg