Lake Las Vegas

Chris N

Lake Las Vegas

Post by Chris N »

Any fish in there? Headed out to the Hilton in Henderson this weekend, bringing a couple rods but leaving the boat at home so Mead isn't an option. Heard they got the golden algae, but from what I can find on the web it was in 2010- any info would be appreciated, thanks!
Herboski13

Re: Lake Las Vegas

Post by Herboski13 »

I used to fish out there as on family vacations and it was loaded with bass. I used to catch quite a few 5+ but I haven't been out there in 10 years. There used to be a whole bunch of pumps that would circulate water and kept parts of the lake pretty cool and they would stack up around there. The water used to be clear too(10' visibility) but I don't know about the algae bloom so that might have changed it. Hope that helps.
george

Post by george »

Stayed at the Weston a few years back and as with all bass buys was out looking at any and every spot that might hold a fish or two. I saw a bunch of big girls out there but like the previous post said "water was Casitas clear". I don't think they have been hot enough yet to cause a big algae bloom so that should not be an issue.
I would definitely take a few rods with you just so if you get the opportunity you can make some cast.

George
Chris N

Post by Chris N »

Thanks guys, really appreciate the info! Looking forward to it.
Chris N

Post by Chris N »

Oh man, that lake is a dump... checked it out Saturday morning, water is dirty brown with gross algae floating on top and an army of carp doing their best to gobble it down- went down there with a rod Saturday evening with a trap to see if I could scare up a bass, cut it off and tied on a Spro Phat Fly and caught carp instead, at least I caught fish- that lake is in trouble- thanks again for the info guys! The Hilton is nice!