Powell Rods

Wolfeman

Powell Rods

Post by Wolfeman »

I saw the new Powell rods that Gary D. designed at the Hook.
Anybody besides Gary using these rods yet? I totally trust Gary to give us the straight poop on the rods, I justed want to hear from somebody else, as well.
Thanks,
- Wolfeman
"Don't take life too seriously. You're not getting out alive." Bugs Bunny
Skeeterman

Re: Powell Rods

Post by Skeeterman »

Yes very good rods. I just bought a nother one Friday at Troys Outdoors. I will be replacing my old rods over the winter with Powell Rods. Try one you will not be disapointed thier very light sensitive.
Paul W

Re: Great product

Post by Paul W »

I had the 6'8" 8-17 Cranking rod ordered today for my birthday next week. I am sure it will be an awesome rod. I have been using their flyrods for the past year and the quality is absolutely fantastic. I am sure I will not be dissappointed w/ their Bass rods!!

Paul W
Jigman

Post by Jigman »

These are the best rods I have ever put my hands on !!
survivor

Post by survivor »

:D :D What price range are we talking about? Around the same prices as GLoomis, Lamiglass etc.
thanks
Paul aka Survivor
Tony M

Post by Tony M »

I just bought a 704C last week. I use it for spinnerbaits and I love it. I've caught 6 - 2 to 3 lb. fish on it and it handled the fish very well. Sensitivity is very good. You won't be dissappointed if you buy one. How's that Ranger doing?
Tony M
Gary Dobyns

Post by Gary Dobyns »

The price is pretty awesome. $169 for everything but flippin'/ pitchin' sticks. They are $199. Give them a look on the website @ www.powellco.com.
Chad S

Post by Chad S »

Are they Made In The USA?
Skeeterman

Post by Skeeterman »

Yes in Novato CA
troymaggy

Post by troymaggy »

No, these rods are not made in the US, but do not let that fool you the craftsmanship and the quality of these rods are phenominal. I recieved these rods in my store last thursday. I have only a few left. I would compare them to an IMX or a Kistler Helium rod. With split grip handles and light weight Fuji alconite guides they weigh nothing. The've removed the foregrip so that you can keep your finger on the blank for sensitivity. These rods are going to give the big boys a run for their money. Check 'em out!
Wolfeman

The Ranger

Post by Wolfeman »

Hey Tony, how you doing? How's that new ride of yours?

As for my Ranger, I was coming out of Brentwood Cafe and ran into Dee Thomas. He saw my Ranger and said it wasn't getting used enough. I think it was his way of saying that it looked too pretty. 8)
It's running great, but like Dee said, it isn't getting out often enough.
Take care,
- Wolfeman
"Don't take life too seriously. You're not getting out alive." Bugs Bunny
NaCl

Warranty?

Post by NaCl »

There are lots of great rod on the market. But, no matter how well a rod is built, there are always a few that have problems. The thing that sets companies apart is service. What is the warranty on the new Powell rods? How do we contact the company if we have any questions about their rods?

.....NaCl
fishnfool

Re: Warranty?

Post by fishnfool »

Here is the link to the warranty for the rods.
http://www.powellco.com./warranty_bassrods.htm
Give a man a fish he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to fish, he'll sit on a boat and drink beer all day!
John Harper

Post by John Harper »

I am also using these Rods!

They are the best Rods I have ever used!

John Harper
NaCl

Thanks, good info.*NM*

Post by NaCl »

*NM*
Mark Langner

Re: Powell Rods - Hey Gary...

Post by Mark Langner »

Since your practically the authority on rip baits on western lakes...

I saw several rods indicated for rip baits......but which rod is your personal choice (yes, asking your personal choice) for throwing staycees.

I'm 6'2" tall and use a 7' rod for rip baits now...I tried a 6.5' rod and liked the shorter action for ripping...until I hooked a fish..then it felt funny. The staycee is my 80 percent rip bait choice, so I'm being specific in my question. I typically use 10 pound trilene XT, though trying out the 10 pound p-line this season.

I've been wanting a specialty rod specific to rip baits for some time now, so this is my opportunity.

Thanks, Mark
Ray L.

Mark try this line

Post by Ray L. »

You should try ripping with Sunline Defier in 13 pound.It is all I use now.Much easier line to work with than p line as it does not have the memory like most other lines.It also lasts twice as long as other lines.The price is steep but well worth it when you think of the quality, how long the line lasts and also the diameter.It is the diameter of 10 pound p line but is 13 pound and has the breaking strength of 15 pound.
Ray L.
Ray L.
Sponsors:
www.legendbassboats.com
www.waderods.com
www.allengmc.com
www.gambler-bang.com
orange county circuit breakers

Five alive is good for me
Ken C.

I Gotta Agree...

Post by Ken C. »

The Sunline appears to be awesome stuff. I got to try it up at Clear Lake in August and it felt SUH-WEET! Even to my inept senses! :lol: Pricey yes but I'll be buying some when I can find it!
[i][b]To the world, you might be just one person. But to one person, you just might be the world...[/b][/i]
[img]http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a266/shred1080/misc/Disclaimer.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.danasoft.com/sig/Kadota.jpg[/img]
John Sherak

Post by John Sherak »

Hey Gary!

I just bought the 704 CB Rip Bait Rod and the 805 MH Flippin' Stick. The Rip Bait rod is awesome. It's light, it's strong and great for rippin'. The Flippin' Stick is also light and has lots of backbone. Great for pulling fish out of heavy cover.

P.S. So what if they're made in China, keep up the good work.
Mark Langner

Post by Mark Langner »

John Sherak wrote:Hey Gary!

I just bought the 704 CB Rip Bait Rod and the 805 MH Flippin' Stick. The Rip Bait rod is awesome. It's light, it's strong and great for rippin'. The Flippin' Stick is also light and has lots of backbone. Great for pulling fish out of heavy cover.

P.S. So what if they're made in China, keep up the good work.
Hey John....you gonna let me borrow that ripping stick tommorrow to give a try ????? <grins> See ya at the ramp.

~Mark