sTony is on Fire....

BassTraveler

sTony is on Fire....

Post by BassTraveler »

STony has just written a great article on the front page.
I hope he carries that "fire in the belly" over to tomorrows meeting in Winters. 8)
[url=http://www.nosweatmist.com/][img]http://www.westernbass.com/shared/sponsors/150x50/nosweat.jpg[/img][/url]
www.nixonsmarine.com
Dewayne

Re: I have to agree

Post by Dewayne »

Very well written Tony. You composed yourself well for a man with a lot invested in this fight.

Just sent my e-mail to try to drop my membership. They sure make it a lot easier to send them money than to contact them. I guess that small observation say a lot about their goals.
Dewayne
Lake

Re: sTony is on Fire....

Post by Lake »

Great write up Tony, but overall I all I can say is WOW and its a sad deal for all.
Scott V.

Re: Corrrection...........

Post by Scott V. »

"BASSMASTER subscriptions, at $20 a year per member"

Correction: my renewal says $25 per year.

Scott V.
Hollywood

Post by Hollywood »

Great article Tony! Well said!

Kevin
NaCl

What's all the "Ruck-ass" about? HAR!

Post by NaCl »

Don't you just love American capitalism. Two companies distinguished themselves beyond any shadow of a doubt.

B.A.S.S. - obviously feels they can dictate terms to their customers, the anglers. They make demands. They refuse to negotiate...refuse to even be questioned. They make threats. They are arrogant. They misrepresent the truth. For example, they claim to put on more tournaments than any other organization in bass fishing. The truth is, THEY don't!

The vast majority of those "BASS" tournaments are run exclusively by a bunch of Federation VOLUNTEERS. These grassroots bass fishermen set up, advertise and run those tournaments. The participating anglers pay 100% of the expenses for ALL those tournaments through our entry fees. BASS doesn't pay anything. It's OUR entry fees that pay for trophies. It's OUR entry fees that funb the checks we win. Part of OUR entry fees even pay to send our state teams to the Regional competitions. B.A.S.S. contributes NOTHING until the very end. BIG frickin DEAL!!!!

Don Rucks admonishes us about all the great benefits BASS provides, things like insurance. Now, don't even throw that old "insurance" line of crap out Mr. Rucks. I ran a small club and we bought equivalent insurance direct from a broker for a third of what we would have paid in "dues" if we decided to affiliate with B.A.S.S. No. I don't buy the "Ruck-***" line of tripe.

Fortunately, good ole American capitalism abhors a vacuum. Tournament bass fishing is no different. There is a great vacuum in opportunity and customer freindliness created by the stupidity of Ayahtolla Ruck-***. This vacuum can be filled overnight if the Federation takes the standing invitation from FLW. Wow! What a difference in customer care between these two for-profit businesses!

FLW has patiently waited for the west to grow. They gae us BFL and then stepped it up to the Everstarts, giving us the same benefits as all other areas of the country. Thank you FLW! And, if the Federation hooks up with FLW, our Federation anglers will still get every bit as much opportunity as with B.A.S.S......whoops, I forgot, we won't be able to get any berths in the "Bassmaster Classic". Gee, that sucks! Now...wait a minute...didn't FLW pay it's national champion $500,000 last year while BASS only paid $200,000? Hmm? B.A.S.S. upped the ante for next year to $500,000 to keep up with FLW. Didn't FLW respond by adding a $1,000,000 kicker for their next champion if he's in a Ranger boat? Hmmmm???? B.A.S.S./ESPN is stealing the prime advertising space on the wrapped boats for themselves. What is FLW's response? I read that they recently liberalized their rules so pro anglers can better represent their sponsors. HHHHHMMMMM???? Anybody play poker? Seems to me B.A.S.S. is bluffin with a short stack while FLW is kicing some serious behind!

I wonder who really wants our customer dollars most? DUH!!!

Besides, somebody needs to let that Dumb Rucks know the facts about crankbaits. Try buyin a Lucky Craft for $5! And to think, all this "Ruck-***" over a "single crankbait"!

Just my personal opinion!

....NaCl
Last edited by NaCl on Wed Nov 23, 2005 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BassCatPuma

Post by BassCatPuma »

Anyone have an e-mail address for Rucks? I would like to sent this clown a personal email from me.

Tim Hendricks
MikeD

Post by MikeD »

has there been any public response from any of the dismissed members posted anywhere? I've checked californicabass.org but there was nothing there about "the incident"