KIPAWA PROP FOR MOTORGUIDE IS IT OUT YET

GEORGE D.

KIPAWA PROP FOR MOTORGUIDE IS IT OUT YET

Post by GEORGE D. »

DOES ANYBODY KNOW IF MOTORGUIDE CAME OUT WITH THEIR KIPAWA PROP AND WERE CAN I BUY ONE DO YOU ALSO KNOW IF THE NEW PROP IS PUT ON BY HAND OR DO YOU NEED TO PUT IT ON WITH A SOCKET WRENCH THANKS GEORGE
Kellen

Re: KIPAWA PROP FOR MOTORGUIDE IS IT OUT YET

Post by Kellen »

Yes they are out. I know we (Aim Marine) have them in stock, if you cannot find anyone local that carries them, you can certainly give Kyle our parts guy a call and he can ship one up to you.
MrSkeeter

Post by MrSkeeter »

Yup they're available ... you can get them from Gene at the hook and also from Dave's Bass Shack in Tracey as well as some other places.
Kelly Ripa

Post by Kelly Ripa »

I think it's still a wrench.
LET'S GO BRANDON
Remember ...What the Dormouse said...Feed your head!
JT-Madera

Post by JT-Madera »

They have been out for a while..

However, I purchased one in August for my 109 digital 36 volt, went up to the Delta to give her a try and was disappointed,,it cut the grass just ,ok...When it came to working against the current it sucked...

I like to keep my boat in the current and fish the deep holes and dropoffs next to the current..

This prop is not up to the task, I believe that to blades flex to much in the current and I was always having to adjust the power..When I would move into the grass it was great, but as soon as I moved back into the current I was down the channel...

The original three blade prop is better at moving back and forth in the grass, current, situation, I personally subject my trollingmotor to...

When I tried the prop up in the lakes it was terrible..because I like to use high bypass to move from point to point the loss of power at bypass sucked...I am sure I suffered at least a 25% power loss..

The reason I use a 109 digital is to have the ability to move quickly...this prop is not the ansewer I was looking for..

JT-Madera
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

JT,
I had the same experience with top end. But I started using the Kipawa at Cachuma this spring, in the flooded tules, and it went through them like sauce through a goose. I've found that the blades are much sturdier than the stock MG prop. I've ground it a little on rocks and trees, and it looks new. I think it has the same low speed response, or maybe I'm just used to it now. I don't fish any current, so I can't speak to that, but it has kept up with wind and swells at Castaic, even when it's capped.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
Pat

Post by Pat »

I know you guys probably don't want to hear this, I did not either when I had a Motorguide. Switch to a MinnKota and you can have the best of both worlds. After years with a Motorguide, first a 65# and then a 107# I finally switched to a MinnKota 101. The difference is amazing. I have not fished the new Digital MG, but it sounds like their props still can't compare to the MinnKota. With the MG 107 and the aluminum prop I added the JensSu blade and it would go through a lot, but it was still noisy and made a mess. The MinnKota just slides through the weeds, I saved the JenSu in case I needed to put it on the MinnKota, but never needed it. I've heard the 74 is every bit as good, just less power. Don't take my word for it, find someone who will let your try theirs. I have no stake in MinnKota, in fact I don't even have a boat these days. Just sharing my experience.

Good luck

Pat