Powell vs BPS

Elo316

Powell vs BPS

Post by Elo316 »

Hi, I was just wondering if anybody had any experience with comparing a BPS Extreme 7'6" Heavy rod to a Powell Max 766? I have an BPS Extreme 7'6" and is sensitive and powerfull for punching and big jigs but is heavy and wears me out. I have a shot at a Powell max 766 for cheap but want to know if its big of enough difference in weight and arm fatigue. I heard the Powell 766 is a broomstick and tip heavy as well.

Also, I was wondering if there has been any comparisons to the abu veracity rods and Powell max? Haven't heard anything comparing them to. Thanks.
Kbm

Re: Powell vs BPS

Post by Kbm »

If the weight of the bps rod is the main factor I would suggest looking at the newer Powell max 3D line. The original max rods don't feel anywhere near as light or crisp as the 3ds. If you can find an endurance u cannot go wrong there but otherwise you can find the 3D lineup almost everywhere now. Additionally most of the major online retailers (tw, monster) have dropped the price of the max 3ds to $159. I own a max 3D 765 and it is the lightest best feeling flipping stick that I've ever picked up. Just my opinion hope it helps.
Elo316

Post by Elo316 »

Thanks Kpm, that helps alot. From what I can research, the original max rods were heavier than the new max 3d's but now it just confirms it. That's probably why I see so many original max rods on sale? People upgrading? I think I'll pay the extra for the 3d. Thanks again.
Kbm

Post by Kbm »

No problem, glad I could help. You won't be disappointed I promise.
bassrman

Post by bassrman »

Powell 3D's are the way to go !... they are really light !... I upgraded my Max rods to all 3D's and I really love em !..
flipit

Post by flipit »

The 3Ds are awesome. I prefer the 806 for punching and flipping. The 764 is an awesome rod for pitching. Just depends on what you prefer. Can't go wrong with any of the 3Ds and at a great price point.
Fishing should be fun.