Entry deadline approaching for WWBT

Gary Dobyns

Entry deadline approaching for WWBT

Post by Gary Dobyns »

Guys, entry deadline approaching for team event on Lake Oroville. YES, you can sign up at the ramp with a late fee of $20. There will be a drawing for blast off number so we don't know what number will go out first. PLEASE remember the lake is Off-Limits Monday Jan 4th thru Friday Jan 8th.

New ramp is completed and we should be in good shape for team event.

Norcal 90 this Sunday the 3rd.

Time to start catching them!!
FISHIN

Re: Entry deadline approaching for WWBT

Post by FISHIN »

Does the late fee go into the payback?
kmah

Post by kmah »

Not that I know of. It's a late fee not part of the entry fee.
J.Bubier

Post by J.Bubier »

No, the late fees will not go directly into the payback but with all of the contingency money being paid back it will still be well over 100% payback.. Come out and fish an amazing event and you won't worry about the late fees, and if you sign up prior to the deadline there is another reason not to worry about late fees, whoop whoop.............This is going to be a great event.....
Jason Bubier
Director
NorCal90 Fishing Events
530-230-8868 cell
530-589-2601 home
ajbubier@sbcglobal.net
DonRose

Post by DonRose »

Im sure it's been asked already but what about for the Pro Ams, are the $50 late fee's being paid back to the anglers?

Thank you in advance.
J.Bubier wrote:No, the late fees will not go directly into the payback but with all of the contingency money being paid back it will still be well over 100% payback.. Come out and fish an amazing event and you won't worry about the late fees, and if you sign up prior to the deadline there is another reason not to worry about late fees, whoop whoop.............This is going to be a great event.....
Gary Dobyns

Post by Gary Dobyns »

Late fees will help pay contingency programs and help pay directors. It's not going to be guaranteed into the payback. We don't want your late fee money, we want you to sign up early and make our jobs easier. But, if guys insist on signing up late, we'll use the money.

I'm not innocent here either I just paid late fee last Sunday but I don't care what a director does with it. I had the option to sign up early to avoid the fee. I caused extra work, so I hope Jason bought his wife and family dinner on all of us that caused the extra work!!

We will be paying back more than a 100% entry at all events, ( plus buying Championship boats ) but we still get questions like this. We are being upfront with everything and always will be. Some circuits "possibly" may hide things, we are not. NOTICE, no option pools ....We simply can't do much more for anglers the first year.
Long Nguyen

Post by Long Nguyen »

Gary Dobyns wrote:Late fees will help pay contingency programs and help pay directors. It's not going to be guaranteed into the payback. We don't want your late fee money, we want you to sign up early and make our jobs easier. But, if guys insist on signing up late, we'll use the money.

I'm not innocent here either I just paid late fee last Sunday but I don't care what a director does with it. I had the option to sign up early to avoid the fee. I caused extra work, so I hope Jason bought his wife and family dinner on all of us that caused the extra work!!

We will be paying back more than a 100% entry at all events, ( plus buying Championship boats ) but we still get questions like this. We are being upfront with everything and always will be. Some circuits "possibly" may hide things, we are not. NOTICE, no option pools ....We simply can't do much more for anglers the first year.
You're doing it right too. I bet you'll see a lot of familiar faces that have hung up tournament fishing for a while. This trail will bring em back.
See you at the ramp Sat Gary.
J.Bubier

Post by J.Bubier »

Thank you Gary, great explanation. Guys, we do not want sign-ups after the cut-off, it creates more work for us and we have other things/services we could provide if we didn't have to do it last minute. With 100% payback we are showing you we don't want to keep your money, but if anglers insist on it, we then let it be that we use it for extras, heck I have never been called cheap :wink: :wink: Hope to see you all really soon, this is going to be a great event.
Jason Bubier
Director
NorCal90 Fishing Events
530-230-8868 cell
530-589-2601 home
ajbubier@sbcglobal.net
DonRose

Post by DonRose »

Hello Gary,

Thank you for clarifying this up. And your right not many orgs would be up front about these things but you are.

I thought I asked this yesterday but I must not have hit submit. Regarding your $50 late fee for your pro/ams. I swore your website listed it under the rules that the $50 late fee would be paid back to the anglers who signed up before the deadline? Is this not correct?

And I do agree, tournament directors, staff and owners deserve to be making some good money as what you are doing has got to be very time comsuming (and lets not forget dealing with the anglers can be a pain in the butt too) and you have invested not just time but money to give the anglers a great platform to showcase themselves all while not having to travel. So for that thank you!

Don
Gary Dobyns wrote:Late fees will help pay contingency programs and help pay directors. It's not going to be guaranteed into the payback. We don't want your late fee money, we want you to sign up early and make our jobs easier. But, if guys insist on signing up late, we'll use the money.

reddog

Post by reddog »

This is a strange line of confusion to me. If you sign up late there is a "penalty" just sign up on time or you pay the penalty. I thought the explanation was that the late fees went to offset the contingency dollars, NOT to go in the TD's pockets although I wouldn't have a problem with that either. It's MY responsibility to plan accordingly. I'd hate to see any rumors going around about pocketing extras as I don't see it like that at all. Sign up on time. Dang it, I don't mean to sound rough but I'm not following this seams simple. There's darn good money available here, arguing over 50$ and 20$ because we cant plan correctly is silly. Just my 2.C