Bellingham, WA – Following five years of extensive collaborative research and development, Mustang Survival® proudly unveils their industry-leadingRatis™Inflatable LPU (life preserver unit) on display at the upcoming 2018 SHOT Show in Las Vegas (January 23 - 26, 2018) at booth #12762. Mustang Survival worked closely with Virginia Beach-based defense contractor ADS, Inc. and engaged with the Naval Special Warfare and other SOF users to design this LPU which is lightweight and extremely compact.
Developed with long-time partner CM Hammar®, the new Ratis™ Inflatable LPU utilizes patented programmable inflator technology to provide the operator true mission flexibility. This partnership is a perfect illustration of how collaboration best benefits the user community and drives industry innovation. Mustang Survival and ADS also leveraged their 20-year partnership, melding Mustang Survival’s extensive product development expertise with ADS’ strong customer relationships.
This new system allows the operator to choose whether the inflation is triggered by depth, time submerged in water or a combination of both. When compared to current solutions, this sleek inflatable provides a wider range of unencumbered head movement and weapons manipulations, improved visibility and uses minimal real-estate on an already overloaded operator.
“Our sole purpose in designing life-saving products is to deliver confidence to the most demanding users in the world. And to do that, we evaluate every detail to maximize performance and versatility,” stated Jason Leggatt, Mustang Survival’s general manager. “Weighing just 1 pound, our new Ratis Inflatable LPU’s sleek design becomes almost invisible when worn, and is the most compact self-righting design we have ever created. We’ve also integrated our newest lightweight membrane technology to create a low-profile, pliable unit that clips into an armor carrier and provides 40 pounds of buoyancy.”
Key product features:
- Lightweight. Weighing 1lb., it is the smallest self-righting inflatable LPU for maritime special operations, providing 40 lb. of buoyancy.
- Sleek. The almost invisible, low-profile design allows full field of view, head mobility and does not interfere with users’ equipment, while easily connecting to almost any armor carrier.
- Ultimate Control. The exclusive programmable automatic inflator is triggered by water depth, time submerged in water or a combination of both and provides 40 pounds of buoyancy.
- Versatility. Harness accessory allows the device to be used as a stand-alone life vest with no armor carrier. SOLAS retro reflective tape is attached to the bladder via hook and loop, allowing the user to remove it or switch to GLINT tape.
- Colors: Sepia, MultiCam, Coyote Tan and Black
- Model # MD1500 utilizes a Programmable automatic inflator
- Model # MD1501 utilizes HITTM Hydrostatic inflator
- Model # MD1502 utilizes Hammar’s new manual inflator
About Mustang Survival
Through constant innovation and inspired technical solutions, Mustang Survival strives to bolster performance, encourage exploration and inspire adventure in the marine environment. We are committed to the protection and enhancement of those who push themselves to extremes. Mustang Survival is part of The Safariland Group family of brands. For more information, visit www.mustangsurvival.com.
Mustang Survival. Saving lives since 1967.
About The Safariland Group
The Safariland Group is a leading global provider of a broad range of safety and survivability products designed for the public safety, military, professional and outdoor markets. The Safariland Group offers a number of recognized brand names in these markets including Safariland®, Med-Eng®, Safariland® Armor, Safariland® VIEVU®, Mustang Survival®, Bianchi®, Break Free®, PROTECH® Tactical, Defense Technology®, Hatch®, Monadnock®, Identicator® and NIK®. The Safariland Group's mission, “Together, We Save Lives”, is inherent in the lifesaving and protective products it delivers. The Safariland Group is headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida. The Safariland Group is a trade name of Safariland, LLC.