RACINE, Wis. – Bassmaster Elite Series contenders are wrapping up final off-season preparations in advance of the start of the 2021 season, the AFTCO Bassmaster Elite on Florida’s St. Johns River. Minn Kota® pro team members begin the 2021 schedule with renewed hopes and the latest technology rigged and ready to put them on the fish and keep them there throughout the season. Minn Kota’s new Raptor™ shallow-water anchors are one of the new additions mounted to the stern of several Elite Series boats to provide the most advanced and reliable anchoring technology available to date.
Minn Kota pros that will be taking advantage of the new Raptor shallow water anchors this upcoming season include Brandon Palaniuk, Seth Feider, Chris Zaldain, Keith Combs, Matt Herren, Greg DiPalma, Lee Livesay, Carl Jocumsen, Bill Lowen, Brad Whatley, Garrett Paquette, Chad Pipkens, Bob Downey, Chris Groh, Ray Hanselman, Wes Logan, as well as Major League Fishing pros Kevin VanDam, and Bryan Thrift.
The 2021 Elite Series schedule is stacked with shallow water fisheries like the St. Johns and Sabine River systems, meaning shallow water boat control will be a big part of the game plan.
With new features that allow anglers to maintain boat control in the harshest conditions, the Raptor has improved on the legendary boat positioning system available from Minn Kota. Active Anchoring™ and Auto-Bottom Mode™ are two new technologies that add to the toolbox of any angler in rough conditions. Both constantly monitor bottom hardness and boat movement to maintain stability and control in any conditions.
"At first look it was hard not be seriously impressed by the new Minn Kota Raptor – just the sleek look alone was awesome, but once we put them to use you could see and feel the quality difference,” Jocumsen said.
“You can tell they put every detail possible into the build and they stack up. Quiet, powerful and they’ve reinforced every single bolt, bushing and pivot area to create the most rock-solid anchor I’ve ever seen. They really are unmatched,” adds Jocumsen.
Raptor is engineered to stand up to the harshest conditions, giving anglers the ability to confidently hold their boat securely in place in more fishing situations than ever before. Simply stated, Raptor is designed with durability in every detail:
- Active Anchoring – continuously monitors anchor hold and adjusts automatically to changing conditions
- Auto-Bottom Mode – senses bottom hardness to ensure the right amount of force is delivered for a more secure hold every time
- Retraction Force – ensures spike removal in all bottom types
- Multiple Control Options – features Wireless Remote, Foot Switch, i-Pilot or i-Pilot Link Remote, Mobile App or the ability to control right from the Humminbird® fish finder
- Wide profile and heavy-duty pivot points – help to reduce wear and maintain longer stability
- Unique pump design – keeps Raptor holding tightly when stowed, eliminating the need for special covers or bungee cords to keep your anchor secure while running or trailering
- Extruded aluminum mounting bracket – adds strength while reducing weight and dramatically simplifies installation
“The Minn Kota Raptor is your smarter, heavy-duty, anchoring system. Technology such as the Active Anchoring takes all the guess work out of whether or not you’re locked down,” says Brandon Palanuik.
Between Auto-Bottom Mode and Raptor’s increased retraction force, anglers will never have to worry about their anchors overdriving or getting stuck in the thick mud and silt of the St. John’s River. As the Elite Series switches gears and heads to the Tennessee River with harder bottom and heavy current, Active Anchoring is going to be vital in keeping boats positioned.
Minn Kota’s new Raptor shallow-water anchor is available in 8- and 10-foot lengths as well as a variety of options and colors. Raptor models can be purchased from authorized Minn Kota retailers starting at $1,499.99. Minn Kota’s shallow-water anchors are backed by a comprehensive 5-year warranty plus a lifetime warranty on the spike for years of reliability anglers can count on.
For more information on the new Raptor shallow-water anchor, visit MinnKotaMotors.com/Raptor.