Co Angler looking for fishing partner

30-338

Co Angler looking for fishing partner

Post by 30-338 »

Hi...The name is John S and I am a retired painting contractor looking to find a fishing partner to target Large Mouth
( and Stripers , or even panfish )) on the Delta and nearby. I have been fishing seriously for 3.5 years, and have all my equipment and tackle. Before that I was a hunter, long distance shooter and precision hand loader. I taught reloading at J&R's gun store in Livermore. I go out with my son, but too infrequently for my taste. I think I have been bit real badly by the bass fishing bug. I am essentially a co angler but am open to learning proper boat handling. I tow and launch son's boat when we go out. I have a good tow vehicle (if you need this) and am willing to generously chip in for expenses such as gas, launch fees and ??? if you don't.
Ultimately I would like to own my own bass boat ,but that wont be for a while. Anyway, I would respect your equipment and procedures. Your boat, your rules! And there are no long term commitments I expect. I just want to go fishing . I am NOT a novice , but still have a lot to learn. I am serious and have gone out with Pringle and Andy Coochia.
If you are interested, I would be happy to meet somewhere and buy you lunch, and see if you might be open to going out.
I think I am easy to get along with. I am honest and try to always keep my word. So, if this appeals to you, give me a call and we can talk. Thanks for your interest. I hope I don't miss the spawn this year. John S 925 381 1701
Turkeyman

Re: Co Angler looking for fishing partner

Post by Turkeyman »

with a screen name of 30-338, I figured you were a shooter.
30-338

Post by 30-338 »

Yessir...that was my first true 1000 yard rifle. Darrell Holland built it for me on a 700 action. Not doing much shooting these days. Last time I was hog hunting in San Ardo I was walking up a hill thinking " I'd rather be on the Delta"
medfish

Post by medfish »

Can you go next Tuesday? It’s been a grind out there for me, but I can get you out. Launch out of paradise mostly
Lugnut

Post by Lugnut »

If your interested in joining a great club, check out the Modesto AmBassAdors on Facebook. We fish the Delta, and other Motherlode lakes - McClure, Comanche, Amador, Don Pedro, Melones, Tulloch, and weekend tournaments at Clear Lake.
Don't ask about my username, all I need to say is check yours and check them often.

HomeBrew Tackle Co.
30-338

Post by 30-338 »

medfish wrote:Can you go next Tuesday? It’s been a grind out there for me, but I can get you out. Launch out of paradise mostly
PM sent
30-338

Post by 30-338 »

Lugnut wrote:If your interested in joining a great club, check out the Modesto AmBassAdors on Facebook. We fish the Delta, and other Motherlode lakes - McClure, Comanche, Amador, Don Pedro, Melones, Tulloch, and weekend tournaments at Clear Lake.
Thanks Lugnut. PM sent
Randy Walker

Post by Randy Walker »

Hey John,
Sent you a PM…

I find myself hitting the Delta solo sometimes and be happy to get you out on the water.

Randy
~ Thanks for the support ~
Walkers Brittanys
RBBASS
www.optimabatteries.com
www.outdoorproshops.com
www.lock-n-haul.com/
www.purefishing.com
Berkley Fishing
Abu Garcia
imalures.com
optimumbaits.com
The Rod Glove http://vrxfishing.com/
Andrew5414

Post by Andrew5414 »

Pm sent any question give me call 2094930558
medfish

Post by medfish »

If anybody has an open back seat please consider taking this guy. I did on Tuesday and was unable to put him on any fish. He is a true gentlemen, just wants to learn. You won’t regret it. Thanks again John for a pleasant day spent on the water. Maybe next time we can work on catching and just not the fishing.
30-338

Post by 30-338 »

medfish wrote:If anybody has an open back seat please consider taking this guy. I did on Tuesday and was unable to put him on any fish. He is a true gentlemen, just wants to learn. You won’t regret it. Thanks again John for a pleasant day spent on the water. Maybe next time we can work on catching and just not the fishing.
I think you are trying to drum up business for me OR you have a bad memory, Mike. JK Here is what REALLY happened...We spent 12 hours on the water. Mike is a knowledgeable fisherman who is a very precise caster. It was a hard day...we floated around Mildy , and just caught a few Pounders. But it all became real when I showed Mike my secret fishin spot! ( Yeah ,right, like there are secret spots on the Delta) and MIke landed a 3-4 pound largemouth. Then we worked one of his favorite areas. He caught 2 more good bass here and I caught a couple in rapid sucession on a drop shot. All in all Mike caught 10 or so bass with 3 good ones! I caught 4 but none as big as his. I think it was a great day and very enjoyably spent with a skilled angler (but not so good a golfer) who is also a good guy! Thanks, Mike!!
:lol: 30-338