ANNOUNCEMENT FOR THE LUCAS OIL SUMMER CLASSIC @ LAKE MEAD

1socalbass

ANNOUNCEMENT FOR THE LUCAS OIL SUMMER CLASSIC @ LAKE MEAD

Post by 1socalbass »

Announcing THE LUCAS OIL SUMMER CLASSIC PRO/AM presented by American Bass! Along with Ranger Boats, Mercury Marine, Cabela’s…Lucas Oil is sponsoring the most exciting Pro/Am Open event in the west!

LAKE MEAD - JUNE 25TH-27TH, 2012

This will be a 3-Day Shared Weight Pro/Am open tournament. This event is limited to the first 100 Pro & Co-angler entries received. The Cash paybacks are huge, the best payback percentages ever offered for a 100 boat open event in the west! The Basic Entry Fee is $1,500 for the Pro and $500 for the Co-Angler. Every major Pro/Am event has been drawing more than 100 boats. Since this event is being offered with fairly short notice, this 1st event will be limited to only 100 boats. In addition, all anglers that enter this 1st event will receive priority registration in the future Lucas Oil/American Bass showcase events. Plans are in the works for more great events!

100 Boat Limit!

Here is the CASH payback based on the 100 Pro field:
1st Place: $50,000 Cash
2nd Place: $15,000 Cash
3rd Place: $12,000 Cash
4th Place: $10,000 Cash
5th Place: $9,000 Cash
6th Place: $8,000 Cash
7th Place: $7,000 Cash
8th Place: $6,000 Cash
9th Place: $5,000 Cash
10th Place: $5,000 Cash
11th Place: $4,000 Cash
12th Place: $3,800 Cash
13th Place: $3,600 Cash
14th Place: $3,400 Cash
15th Place: $3,200 Cash
16th-20th Places: $3,000 Cash

This event also treats the Co-Angler very well. Here is the CASH payback for the 100 Co-Angler field:
Here is the CASH payback based on the 100 Co-Angler field:
1st Place: $6,000 Cash
2nd Place: $4,000 Cash
3rd Place: $3,000 Cash
4th Place: $2,000 Cash
5th Place: $1,750 Cash
6th Place: $1,500 Cash
7th Place: $1,000 Cash
8th Place: $1,000 Cash
9th Place: $1,000 Cash
10th Place: $1,000 Cash
11th-15th Places: $800 Cash
16th-20th Places: $700 Cash

This is a great opportunity for Co-Anglers to fish with the best Pro Anglers in the west competing for the best CASH payback in the west!
In addition, Lucas Oil, Ranger Boats and Mercury Marine have teamed up to offer a Ranger Z118 rigged with a Mercury 150 for the winner of the Big Fish option! This option is only $100 and is open to both Pro and Co-Anglers. This is an individual prize, anyone can win! The last cast of this tournament; Pro or Co could land a Bass that will earn them a New Ranger/Mercury Boat package! Lucas Oil is guaranteeing this great prize no matter how many anglers enter the option. Plus, the biggest fish each day in the option will receive $1,000 Cash!
Additional sponsors are coming on board for this event and future events. With Premiere sponsors such as Lucas Oil, Ranger Boats, and the opportunities are limitless!

This is a great opportunity to get in on the beginning of many new things in store for the future between American Bass, Lucas Oil and Ranger Boats. There are more plans in the works and by fishing this event; you are on the Priority list for future events.
To secure your spot, you need to enter with a $200 non-refundable deposit for Pro and $100 for the Co-Angler. All entries that are submitted with both a Pro and Co-Angler, registering together, will be guaranteed a spot. Any individual entries in either the Pro or Co-Angler divisions will not be guaranteed a spot until a matching number for the other category is received. If there is an imbalance in entries in either category, individuals will be entered on a wait list. Any entries above the 100 limit will be entered on a wait list.

Registration opens on Thursday March 15th. Your entry can be made via Credit Card by calling the main American Bass office (310) 376-1026 or by mailing a check to: American Bass, 402 N. Prospect Ave., Redondo Beach, CA 90277. Full payment for both the Pro and Co-Angler entries must be made on or before June 15th, 2012.
This event will be held on Lake Mead on Monday-Wednesday, June 25th-27th, 2012. The registration day will be held on Sunday June 24th, 2012. Sunday June 24th will be the only “off-limits” day. Prior to June 24th there are no off-limits. The official pre-fish days will be Friday June 22nd and Saturday June 23rd. The only restriction is that no use of guides may be used during the two Official Pre-Fish days.
We hope that you will take advantage of this great opportunity to fish this exciting event. We look forward to seeing you at Lake Mead in June!

American Bass

PS…if you are not on our mail list, please call the main American Bass office and provide your contact information including your email address so that we can keep you posted on our programs. (310) 376-1026

American Bass • 402 N. Prospect Ave. • Redondo Beach • CA • 90277 • Ph: (310) 376-1026 • Fax: (310) 376-5072 • AmericanBass.com

ABOUT AMERICAN BASS
Founded in 1983, American Bass is the oldest and largest bass fishing organization in the western United States. Each year American Bass conducts more than 250 events throughout the west. American Bass is also the leader in fishing improvement and conservation efforts in the west. American Bass is sponsored by the top names in bass fishing including: Ranger Boats, Lucas Oil, Mercury Outboards, Cabela’s, Lowrance, MotorGuide, Shimano, G•Loomis, Power Pro and many others.
American Bass #1 Team Tournament Organization in the West www.americanbass.com, www.americanbass.mobi, Facebook.com/AmericanBass
Sponsors: RangerBoats,Mercury,Daiwa,Optimum Baits,Deps,IMA,Reins,AnglersMarine,Navionics,Lowrance,Ron Speed Jr Adventures
RipnRog

Re: ANNOUNCEMENT FOR THE LUCAS OIL SUMMER CLASSIC @ LAKE MEA

Post by RipnRog »

That payback is nice and for only 100 boats.
hasetak

Post by hasetak »

yeah those pay outs look great on the pro side $160,000 in pay outs with only $150,000 in entries. Then you do the math on the co-angler side and it looks a little worse ... $29,750 in pay outs and $50,000 in entries. That doesn't seem right to me give the pros 100% plus payback and then only give the cos less than 60% payback. Seems like they should at least be the same % payback instead you are giving the pros money that the cos put in.

Now after all of that I hope my math is right.
1socalbass

Post by 1socalbass »

While I will not debate anyone on their personal opinion of paybacks, I want to point out that most anglers that participate in Pro/Am events agree that the learning aspects for anglers competing in the “back seat” has tremendous value. We believe that the knowledge, experience and higher overhead costs that the Pro competitor brings to these events earns them the opportunity to compete for a larger percentage of the prize pot. The Co-Angler cash prize total is less than the Pro’s but the percentage is competitive with other Pro/Am events. Plus, the Co-Angler can compete for the big fish prize boat, which is a Ranger Z118 with a Mercury 150HP ProXS Outboard. We are very excited to offer these great paybacks.

Jason Sutherland - ABA Office
American Bass #1 Team Tournament Organization in the West www.americanbass.com, www.americanbass.mobi, Facebook.com/AmericanBass
Sponsors: RangerBoats,Mercury,Daiwa,Optimum Baits,Deps,IMA,Reins,AnglersMarine,Navionics,Lowrance,Ron Speed Jr Adventures
Hollywood

Post by Hollywood »

1socalbass wrote:While I will not debate anyone on their personal opinion of paybacks, I want to point out that most anglers that participate in Pro/Am events agree that the learning aspects for anglers competing in the “back seat” has tremendous value. We believe that the knowledge, experience and higher overhead costs that the Pro competitor brings to these events earns them the opportunity to compete for a larger percentage of the prize pot. The Co-Angler cash prize total is less than the Pro’s but the percentage is competitive with other Pro/Am events. Plus, the Co-Angler can compete for the big fish prize boat, which is a Ranger Z118 with a Mercury 150HP ProXS Outboard. We are very excited to offer these great paybacks.

Jason Sutherland - ABA Office

Very well said! The overhead costs don't even come close.. Thank you ABA, Lucas Oil and Ranger for bringing this great event to us Western Anglers!
fishforfun

Post by fishforfun »

I disagree. Fishing as a nonboater does not always mean that you are going to learn. Half the time even if it is a shared weight you get front ended. Lets face facts only a few of the pros are really pros the rest of them are weekend anglers that have a boat and can afford the pro entry. Also the non boaters are taking it in the shorts with the pay backs and are still expected to give the pro gas money.Know matter how much gas they burn. I believe that the same percentage should taken out of both sides to pay for the tournament. know matter what org. is throwing the tournament. My hat is off to Lucas Oil for throwing the tournament and I know it will be a well run tournament with A.B.A putting it on. Just my 2 cents
kitjack

Post by kitjack »

The same amount should be kept by the tournament from co's and pro's, but not the same percentage. If the Am's want to pay in the same entry amount then they can have the same payback, but otherwise the payback would be coming out of the pro side more as they would be contributing more dollars if it was the same percentage.

If the paybacks on both side contgributed something like $50 at a ProAm that would be fair, and it would be a 90% payback on a Pro entry of $500 and an 80% payback on a backseat entry of $250. Something close to that is fair for everyone, and everyone can get a decent check.
BUCKBASS

Post by BUCKBASS »

I for one am happy with the payout and to have a chance to fish with a PRO. The bottom line they put there boat in the water and have the experience of running their boat. Myself as a Co I looking forward to learn more about this great body of water that we have to fish.This was on my Bucket List to do before I die. I have just one more thing to do and that a 100 pound Halitbut in Alaska.
Kenny Webb

Post by Kenny Webb »

Man what an awesome event. I would love to fish this thing. Just curious why it would be a mon,tue,wed tournament???. You are not giving the guys that work for a living a real chance to fish this event.

Whats is a wrong with a Fri-sun or sat- mon event ? In this economy I would think it would help to get a full field to pick those days rather than mon-wed.

Either way awesome event.

Kenny Webb
BUCKBASS

Post by BUCKBASS »

Bump
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

I would love to fish this thing. Just curious why it would be a mon,tue,wed tournament???. You are not giving the guys that work for a living a real chance to fish this event.

Whats is a wrong with a Fri-sun or sat- mon event ? In this economy I would think it would help to get a full field to pick those days rather than mon-wed.
+1
~~ I'm trying to think but nothing happens ~~
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8MhaihAw7I&feature=related