Anti-reverse on Quantum Spinning Reels

Murph

Anti-reverse on Quantum Spinning Reels

Post by Murph »

Does anyone else have a problem with these reels, as far as the Anti-Reverse is concerned?
It might be lonely at the Top, but it's a bitch, at the Bottom !
Robert F

Re: Anti-reverse on Quantum Spinning Reels

Post by Robert F »

Three of mine are STILL at Quantum. I gave up and bought two Shimanos. Too bad because I really like the Quantum spinning reels. Think they have big problems as many others have the same issue.
Murph

Post by Murph »

It all comes down to that Clutch assembly. I ordered two new clutchs and they did the same thing. The problem is, the little bearing cage, slips inside it's housing. If a guy could "peen" or glue it in place, I'm thinking the problem is solved. Right now I'm glueing them with a two part marine epoxy. Getting the cage out of the housing is a pain. Hopefully, Quantum, will realize this and take care of it.
DougH

Post by DougH »

Which model are you having problems with?
I just bought 2 Tour PTI's... :o(
Doug Hanson
96 white/green Skeeter 200 EFI
"Quagga Killa"
2000 Dodge Cummins "enhanced"
Elkhorn camper
** Clean and Dry **
Murph

Post by Murph »

Energy PTI, Kinetic and Catalyst. I think they all use the same version of an anti reverse "clutch".
GKramer

Post by GKramer »

Murph, the older models had that problem. A friend of mine found the glue method put them back in order. The models 07-08 have a different system, I am assured. It's a curious defect, and one Quantum wasn't happy to discover.
Murph

Post by Murph »

That's good to hear, George. That had to be a Huge Headache for the Quantum people. I know, when I finally figured it out, I was relieved, because I knew I wouldn't be throwing away, a $129.00 reel. Geez George, I guess I'm going to have to sign up for the Open in order to see you again. Hopefully this economy will straighten itself out pretty soon.
Stratos278

Post by Stratos278 »

I've got a Kinetic KT20PTi-A that I've had for almost 3 years. It's seen a lot of hard use without any problems. In fact I like it so well that I picked up another one last week.
Jim C.
"Rip Some Lips!!!!"
Shoesbasecamp

Post by Shoesbasecamp »

I know this an old post but it talked about the problem I'm having I have 2 quantum kinetics that are having this problem. I am having a hard time understanding what part to glue to what. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
oviphagy

Post by oviphagy »

gear.jpeg
case.jpeg
I have a kinetic40 PTi....more than a decade old and the anti-reverse just went out on it. so there is a pic of the anti-reverse gear and the inner bearing that is spinning (when it should not).

I just super/crazyglued it into the gear housing....IMPORTANT NOTE!!! see the writing on the inner bearing...that should not be visable when you glue it back in....i messed up and glued mine in backwards....but it still works...it just sounds bad when i turn off the anti-reverse since the gear is upside down and rubs against 2 screws in the housing.