ANYONE HAVE 2007 SILVERADO TRANNY ISSUES

Share vehicle info.
PETEY PETE

ANYONE HAVE 2007 SILVERADO TRANNY ISSUES

Post by PETEY PETE »

Hey fellas, headed out to the delta this morning and all of a sudden on the bay bridge my trucks tranny seem to go out. It didnt want to shift gears on the automatic tranny. The truck is fairly new with only 17,000 miles on it and I'm already seeing problems. I never tow anything on and never dogg it at all so it just bothers me that I would have this problem. Lucky I'm still under warrenty but just wanted to see if anyone with the same year had this problem. anyone have a major guard protection plan under GM and how did it go? Thanks in advance on the insight guys.
XMAN

Re: ANYONE HAVE 2007 SILVERADO TRANNY ISSUES

Post by XMAN »

A tech tells me that there are 2 trannies, the one that comes on the 2500 hd is much better--xman
PETEY PETE

Post by PETEY PETE »

I got just a LT 1500 ....i'll see what those guys at the dealer say tomorrow thanks
Skeeterman

Post by Skeeterman »

Chevy's and GMC ( SAME TRUCK) always had tran. problems and always will.They will not redesign the tranny because it cost to much so its cheaper to fix or replace.I had a 94 GMC 1500 no tranny problems just engine. Trade in for new 02 chevy at 50,000 miles tranny problems, didn't fix just traded in for a new 07 Titan.
rwderrick

Post by rwderrick »

Hey Petey Pete
get back to me on youer truck tranny.I have a ford and have put 3 trannys in it. I was thinking about getting a chevy but maybe
not now maybe go over to the JAP side.... :shock:
XMAN

Post by XMAN »

What ford model did you have--xman
PETEY PETE

Post by PETEY PETE »

Will its been a while since I got my tranny fixed. Took it into the dealership next day and was placed in a shop rental car till I got it back a week later. They replaced the whole transmission and I forgot what but something was contaminated and they fixed that as well. All under warrenty till 100,000 miles. Get a big bad TUNDRA!
M. Warner

Post by M. Warner »

i have owned a chevy truck ever since i have been driving and never had a tranny problem. if you like tranny problems drive a dodge. I now own a 2500 hd diesel and still no tranny problems. sorry about your guys luck, i would be getting a lemon law on those trucks.
sker13

Post by sker13 »

If you have a 4L60 E type GM tranny and you tow odds are pretty good you will have a problem. I own a Trailblazer, Tahoe, and 1500 PU. Not slamming just saying.
There's One, Sterling
Hardcore Bass Apparel
hcbass.com
BassManDan

Post by BassManDan »

The standard trannies in the newer chevys do have their hiccups, but all in all, they are a dependable tranny.

On the Chevy HD trucks, they have the Allison transmission, which is probly the best trans ever made (auto and electronic manual shifiting, and they gear themselves down in tow/haul mode, when they sense they are "getting pushed"

Makes me wish I had waited to find a 1500 HD, but I can't complian about the standard tranny.
BassManDan - 1997 Stratos 295 Pro Elite

"In the spirit of akido, sh-sh-sh-shaaa."
-Dale Gribble from TV's "King of the Hill"

"It would be the best of all possible worlds were it not for religion."
- John Adams, 1776
GMS

Post by GMS »

He is my 2 cents worth. The very early overdrive transmissions GM used in trucks and pass cars was the 700R4 "great start but yes it was a tow bill waiting to happen. Next was updated around 1992 with bigger input, pump and aux. valve body still a 700R4 "better but dont drop you aaa just yet. Then around 95 came the 4L60E. 4 gears, L= longated, 60 indicating searies size and E for electronic. More updates internal and now shifts, internal pressure and lock up convertor controled by computer.. Much better trans now and a new name but still based on 700R4 plateform. Next was little updated here and there until about 2006. Next came 4L65E. 65- bigger seires. In a nutshell, the 65 has a larger lower unit then the 60 which was the bad news at the boat ramp for the guy heavy on the foot. today 4L65E is current and a GREAT trans, not perfect.. Hope that helps..

PS>> To everyone reading this with an auto trans.. Domestic, Jap, car or truck. Unless you break the hard internal parts "which is not common" the biggest killer is lack of fluid service. An auto trans is nothing more than a hdryo pump pushing pressure against clutchs. The pistons pushing have rubber seals. Over time the fluid becomes abrasive and wears the seals cuasing pressure loss against the clutch packs. Next comes tow truck!! So to stop the tow truck MACHINE FLUSH THE FLUID OUT, yes a fluid flush and not at a quickie lube using the wrong or cheap fluid. Dealer or a professional repar center. Do not waster your money on dropping the pan and replaceing the filter. Only changing about 2-4 quarts on trans that can hold upto 20 quarts. If the filter needs changing its coming apart anyways.. Manufactures will say service 50k to 100k miles. BS!! Do flush EVERY 30k miles and take it easy when leaving a from a stop, after your rolling no bigg deal. And if your pulling a heavy load "a ranger" put a trans fluid cooler in line.. If you fallow this you will watch mile after mile after mile of trouble free transmissions...