Anyone hear this rumor about Humminbird?

Moderators: Triton Mike, Doug Vahrenberg

Doug Vahrenberg

Anyone hear this rumor about Humminbird?

Post by Doug Vahrenberg »

Just learned from a buddy already at the BASSmaster Classic in Shreveport, Louisiana that Humminbird is having Press Conference on Thursday afternoon. Anybody heard anything about this? I'm trying to find out more info but this is all I know right now...Wonder what's going on???

Skeeter, Yamaha, MinnKota, Humminbird, Dobyns, LakeMaster, Transducer Shield & Saver, LuckyCraft, Daiwa, Dave's Custom Baits, OMEGA Tackle, Elite Tungsten, Angler Innovation, Massey Ferguson
Doug Vahrenberg

Re: Anyone hear this rumor about Humminbird?

All they will tell me is we have something new coming from Humminbird. But they won't say what. But they are going to have a Live Feed so those that cannot make it to the show can see it unvieled. I'll post the link once they get that set-up today.

Skeeter, Yamaha, MinnKota, Humminbird, Dobyns, LakeMaster, Transducer Shield & Saver, LuckyCraft, Daiwa, Dave's Custom Baits, OMEGA Tackle, Elite Tungsten, Angler Innovation, Massey Ferguson
Doug Vahrenberg

Here is the latest: Tomorrow at 2PM Central View LIVE the Humminbird Announcement:

Humminbird, a leader in the marine electronics industry, will make a major
new product announcement at the 2012 Bassmaster Classic in Shreveport, LA.
A brief news conference will be held at approximately 2:00 PM CST
following the interview session at the B.A.S.S. Media Day on Thursday,
February 23, at the Silver Lake Ballroom. For those unable to attend, the
announcement will be streamed live at

http://upload.outdoorsfirst.com/liveaim.asp

Doug Vahrenberg

I've been learning all I can about the new 360 Degree Sonar and it's really cool. Seen fish swim thru the transducer coverage and got to talk to KVD and he got to see it last week in action on Cross Lake.

One of the cool things is it is Ethernet Compatible so it does not require new product to use works with current 798ci HD, 898c, 998c, and 1198c at this time. With Ethernet the 360 Imaging will be able to be shared over the Ethernet Network to all SI Compatible Units on the Network so you can have unlimited number of SI units hooked to Hubs and share the data.

You can scan 360 Degrees or forward only or left only, or what ever you want.

It does require the transducer to clear under the boat and outboard so it does not block any of the imaging. It's like underwater imaging radar and it has patent pendings.

Talking to several Elite Anglers here of both brands and they see immediate imapact to fishing and their success.

If your fishing a road bed, grass line, brush piles you can see exactly where you need to cast...Looking out to 150' in all directions so its the first time you can get updating imaging with out having to have any movement. Sitting and fishing a brush pile has total changed.

Kevin Van Dam says "It the most amazing technology that he has ever seen since his fishing career started, that will have immediate and drastic impacts"

There is protection capabilities that warn you the transducer is retracted.

Sure I'll learn more about this exciting technology tomorrow...it's really cool to see and learn about ways this technology will impact fishing.

I'm on a pretty busy schedule so if you have questions I'll be on the Humminbird Forum trying to get as many as I can fit in the busy schedule I'm on at this Classic.

mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

OMG!!!
That looks fantastic!
Now tell me there is going to be a software upgrade for my 997 so I can have it, too.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
Doug Vahrenberg

The 360 Imaging is an Ethernet Accessory and right now only the 798ci HD, 898c, 998c and 1198c have the internal components to operate the 360 Imaging System. The 997c is not Ethernet Compatible.