Bad Luck Streak Continues

Fast Eddie

Bad Luck Streak Continues

Post by Fast Eddie »

So yesterday I'm fishing the Windy Wed Nighter, and while removing my Motor toter, I smack my head on the edge of the motor mount (nice egg). Next, while fishing I dump a 5 lbr, a little while later, there goes a 4. But the dinks keep coming (12" ers)' so 10 lbs is not going to cut it, so dump fish, trailer up early and head for the Safeway station at Discovery Bay. Fill up, and while stopped to make a right turn onto highway 4, I'm jolted. :roll: Yep, some lady in a new Tahoe runs into the motor. :shock: So the question is, How do I know if she damaged the lower unit or transom? There is no visible damage, but who knows. Any ideas on what to look for, so I can file a claim with her insurance?
TL
FE
Hope this bad luck streak ends soon.
Bassmonkey1980

Re: Bad Luck Streak Continues

Post by Bassmonkey1980 »

Fast Eddie wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 9:13 am So yesterday I'm fishing the Windy Wed Nighter, and while removing my Motor toter, I smack my head on the edge of the motor mount (nice egg). Next, while fishing I dump a 5 lbr, a little while later, there goes a 4. But the dinks keep coming (12" ers)' so 10 lbs is not going to cut it, so dump fish, trailer up early and head for the Safeway station at Discovery Bay. Fill up, and while stopped to make a right turn onto highway 4, I'm jolted. :roll: Yep, some lady in a new Tahoe runs into the motor. :shock: So the question is, How do I know if she damaged the lower unit or transom? There is no visible damage, but who knows. Any ideas on what to look for, so I can file a claim with her insurance?
TL
FE
Hope this bad luck streak ends soon.
I would spin the prop if shaft is bent at all it can throw the timing off I would get it checked out asap and go from there best of luck.
monte300

Post by monte300 »

You were definitely the “bug” last night
Whoopbass

Post by Whoopbass »

I would have a professional look at it and give her the bill.
kb

Post by kb »

Ed

I would have someone look at the motor and mounts, jackplate etc and make sure that there is no cracking or damage around the bow eye where is may have been jammed. A glass shop may need to take a look at the glass on the boat. The transom is pretty tough but just depends on how hard she hit it.

kb
California Outdoor Hall of Fame
Ultimate Bass Radio Saturday's on KHTK Sac Town Sports 1140
stickbait

Post by stickbait »

kb wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 11:51 am Ed

I would have someone look at the motor and mounts, jackplate etc and make sure that there is no cracking or damage around the bow eye where is may have been jammed. A glass shop may need to take a look at the glass on the boat. The transom is pretty tough but just depends on how hard she hit it.

kb
KB nailed it... there could be a lot of "hidden" damage including tweeked prop shaft.. Lots of stuff might not show up for a long while...seals, crackes ect..

I would definitely open a claim with her insurance and let them tell ya how they want to handle it....I'm sure this is not the first time a boat has been "propped" by someone not paying attention. Good luck.
Fast Eddie

Post by Fast Eddie »

Thanks All. Spoke with Gregg at C&C. Told me what to look for on prop. Thanks KB for the bow eye. Never thought of that. Greg has said if anything to call him and he'll get me right in and write an estimate. She has about a 6" hole in her front bumper. Probably would've bent her license plate had she had one up front.
Will keep you posted.
Thanks Everybody
TL
FE
Never satisfied

Post by Never satisfied »

If your boat is out of commission this Wednesday I’ll have an open seat for you. Hopefully we can end your bad luck streak.
Fast Eddie

Post by Fast Eddie »

Never Satisfied PM sent.
Thanks
FE