Bad News and Good News

Marty

Bad News and Good News

Post by Marty »

Since I moved to Colorado I found out that I have to wait 6 Months to get my resident fishing license which cost about $23. That is the Bad News, the Good News is an out of State fishing license will cost me $53 the same as I paid in California.
davet.

Re: Bad News and Good News

Post by davet. »

Yeah, sounds about right.
I was in Arkansas earlier this year and they say you can get 3 doe tags and 2 buck tags every year for $50 or something like that.
www.powerskoop.com
....it aint rocket science!
Dleue

Post by Dleue »

I was in Louisiana recently and I believe it was 5 dollars a day, or 60 bucks for the year for a fishing licence ( out of state fees).In my experience of seeing another states fish and game management, California has a lack there of! Call me crazy all you want. But this state can learn from another states game management. Weather it be from big game, upland birds, all the way to fish management. That includes the stocking of trout! Maybe all of us can break free of popular belief that stocking trout in a certain waterway can be detrimental.i live in northern california and can honestly say that the stocking efforts of trout, king salmon, kohos or kokane in various lakes across the state has worked up to this point! But across the state, you can go on and on about the cost to hunt/fish in this state all you want, weather it be a resident rate or out state fees. I personally have been out of this state hunting/fishing my entire life. California has more sub species of animals within its borders than any other state. I've just noticed that over the years the price you pay annually to hunt/fish, what ever your interest is has gone up in price, but freedoms to do so has gone down? I can't say other states have done the same to its outdoor enthusiasts or not? But it doesn't seem like there paying more annually in fees to do so without being governed on outdoor events.
Rod Martin

Post by Rod Martin »

When I moved to Fl. I found it was cheaper to pay out of state in FL. and in state in Calif. as long as I was still working in Calif. So I will retain my Calif. drivers lic. and in state fishing lic. until I stop working here.
TR177 Ranger/ Mercury/Lowrance/ Ghost TM