Bass Thumbs Fishing Podcast

MKA

Bass Thumbs Fishing Podcast

Post by MKA »

As a commuter and avid podcast listener I am always seeking out bass fishing podcasts. Recently, I found the Bass Thumbs Fishing Podcast. It had an interesting name so I thought I would give it a try. The content was specific to the west coast and it was kayak fishing, JACKPOT! I quickly became an avid fan and listener. I recently reached out to the duo responsible for the awesome podcast to learn more and they were super friendly and eager to share their story.

Long-time friends and avid kayak bass fishing tournament anglers Alex Cox and Shane LemMon of Southern California have teamed up to bring you the Bass Thumbs Fishing weekly podcast. “Our goal is to shine a light on the west coast on a consistent basis with a weekly podcast. There are many great anglers out here that either haven’t or aren’t able to make the trip back east to gain the national spotlight”, remarked LemMon. They went to say that they are excited to provide a platform for anglers to share their experiences and highlight their success on the tournament scene.

So how did they come up with such a name for the podcast? Approximately 7 years ago, Shane and his buddies started the Bass Thumbs Instagram page as a joke. They would frequently brag to each other and compare how ripped up their thumbs were after a great day of bass fishing. Over time the site gained more traction and now they are over 11k followers strong.

A former FLW College Series (Long Beach State) bass angler, Cox now competes all over the state in kayak tournaments and big boat tournaments as a co-angler. LemMon is active in the kayak tournament scene fishing multiple circuits as well having significant float tube fishing experience. Both traveled to and competed at the KBF National Championship in 2020 and LemMon will be traveling to Texas in June to compete at the Bassmaster Kayak Series National Championship.

When asked why they love kayak fishing so much, here’s what they had to say:
“It’s affordable, manageable and really fun to compete”, reported Cox.
“The challenge of being on a kayak with limited coverage area forces you to break down the lake. You are on the water and right there with the fish, there is something very pure about it”, said LemMon.

You owe it to yourself to subscribe to the Bass Thumbs Fishing Podcast. Their passion for the sport is palpable and the content is top notch. You can find them on all the major platforms.

As they both frequently say, “Keep Your Thumbs Ripped”!
Attachments
IMG_3326.jpg