It’s Bed (Fishing) Time at Don Pedro!

AnglersPress

Post by AnglersPress »

If you are one of the guys that have been catching big sacks at Pedro over the last few weeks due to big bass moving up on beds, the opportunity for you to cash in on the great bite you’ve been experiencing is right around the corner as the Thunder Valley Outdoors/Future Pro Tour makes its second stop in the central region on Saturday April 14th at beautiful Lake Don Pedro.

And if you missed the season open at Lake McClure...don't sweat it...this event will give you the opportunity to still qualify for the FPT Classic Championship in early November, where a field of ONLY 90 teams will compete for the keys to a new Ranger/Evinrude package complete with Humminbird and Minn Kota electronics!

If you need to pick up last minute bait selections, or get some tips on how to fish Pedro in the spring you can attend our optional pre-registration activities on Friday, April 13th at C&C Marine in Modesto from 4-6pm, or sign up at the ramp the morning of the event beginning at 4am.

Limited membership fees of just $5 per person will be available for anyone that wants to fish, so come down and have some fun!

This event will be fun, feature a great raffle for premium prizes after the event, a FREE BBQ, a great payback, and always remember… if you get a check, you are always guaranteed to receive more than twice your basic entry fee which will be $200 dollars!

Look forward to seeing you there!

FPT

916-768-0938
curtrol

Re: It’s Bed (Fishing) Time at Don Pedro!

Post by curtrol »

Great tourn. Good seeing you again Vince, NC is not a place to do anything other than pass through, hopefully on a tour. Regardless, it's good to be home ( In CA ). Great day, cold and for me I mean cold , 48 degrees at 1:00 pm. Two bites for us, My prior pre fish bite sunk due to the weather. The fish pulled off and suspended. ( I had 22 lbs on Tues. ) We figured that one out and had a limit during the "Pout", by 0900. Strangly around 1300 the wind and clouds ( very unstable ) changed and the reaction bite turned on, we up graded at least 2 X on crank baits, LC pointer120's and Swim Baits but still could not bust 10 Lbs. Thought I was at McClure. Overall we caught 15 or so fish, great day, did not loose a big one and did not eat a sandwitch untill way in. What more could you ask. Reportably winner on Jigs??? second on reaction and swim baits , Probable, given the change in weather. Two very distint patterns that day. Should bust open this week. Vince , at FuturePro Tours has a good Tourn. Come on out next time.. Hell, I got two free hot Dogs, and Both My partner and I won a bait selection in the Raffle.