Boat fire on Folsom Lake

WB Staff

Boat fire on Folsom Lake

Post by WB Staff »

FOLSOM -- Five minors were injured Sunday in a boat fire on Folsom Lake.
The boat caught fire moments after getting gas at Brown's Ravine, according to Officer Blake Nielsen with the California Department of Parks and Recreation.

The owner of the boat did not properly vent the engine. Nielsen reports that "...caused the exhaust pump and the fuel to not mix properly and get rid and evacuate all the fumes, sparking an explosion."

REad the rest and watch the video: http://fox40.com/2017/07/23/5-minors-bu ... lsom-lake/
Attachments
browns-ravine folsom lake boat fire.jpg
mark poulson

Re: Boat fire on Folsom Lake

Post by mark poulson »

You need to teach your kids how to operate your boat safely first, before you let them take out it out. Just like you do before you let them drive your car.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
Ray Vanacore

Post by Ray Vanacore »

Mark not to be critical but relisten to the newscast it was not the kids that were driving it was a man. who was the owner.
Ray Vanacore
Stratos278

Post by Stratos278 »

WB Staff wrote: Nielsen reports that "...caused the exhaust pump and the fuel to not mix properly and get rid and evacuate all the fumes, sparking an explosion."
Can someone translate this, please? Did he mean to say that the vent pump (bilge vent) was not operated properly to evacuate all the fumes?

Whenever I refuel, I open the bilge/battery compartment lid for ventilation and to visually check the fuel level as it is filling. Granted, my boat is an outboard and I almost always refuel at automotive gas pumps. Friends of mine, who have inboards or I/O's, will open the engine hatch and/or run the bilge blower before, during and for at least 30 seconds after refueling
Jim C.
"Rip Some Lips!!!!"
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Ray Vanacore wrote:Mark not to be critical but relisten to the newscast it was not the kids that were driving it was a man. who was the owner.
Thanks.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY