Brian Latimer and Mark Daniels Jr. win Gold at 2019 PanAmerican Bass Fishing Championship

WB Staff

Brian Latimer and Mark Daniels Jr. win Gold at 2019 PanAmerican Bass Fishing Championship

Post by WB Staff »

b lat mark daniels jr win gold medal at pan am bass.png
Brian Latimer and Mark Daniels Jr. teamed up to win the 2019 PanAmerican Bass Fishing Championship

USA Bass Team’s Brian Latimer and Mark Daniels Jr. take PanAmerican Bass Championship Gold

STATE COLLEGE, Pa. – Brian Latimer and Mark Daniels Jr. teamed up to win the 2019 PanAmerican Bass Fishing Championship with a massive two session weight of 45.08#. They were the top “Pair” in the event followed by: Scott and Roland Martin Silver medalists and Jacob Wheeler and Dustin Connell with the Bronze medal. The overall “Nations” medal went to the host country of Canada and came down to less than an ounce. The USA Bass team took the Silver medal and Mexico earned Bronze. Latimer and Daniels Jr made their move after a solid first session and caught the top bag of the second session to secure the PanAmerican Pairs title.

“We are really excited about Brian and Mark’s performance at the PanAmerican” said USA Bass President Tony Forte. “They are outstanding anglers, huge advocates for bass fishing and great friends. Chemistry is critical in an event where anglers team up to fish. They were able to execute with excellent angling, great decision making and a will to win. This is exactly what we want out of our anglers representing the USA. We are proud of them and all of our USA Bass team. Also, congratulations to team Canada for their Nations victory – down to an ounce but they came out on top. Mexico and First Nations also caught big bags. This event shows how competitive the world of bass fishing is becoming.”

“Competing in the Pan Am is a big deal for all of team USA” says Brian Latimer. “For my entire career every tournament has been about me and only me. Competing with teammates as well as representing my country with a fishing rod in my hand adds so much more depth to fishing for me. It’s a pleasure to be surrounded by other anglers from different parts of the world that care about fishing just as much as I do.”