Calais Spool bent shaft

Big Daddy TR21

Calais Spool bent shaft

Post by Big Daddy TR21 »

Was out at the river a week ago using my Calais 200 made a cast and noticed that there seemed to be something catching on the reel look a round the reel not noticing anything out of the norm until I looked at the spool. It had a small bend in it every time I turned the handle, I removed the spool and rolled it on a flat spot on the boat and noticed the long shaft had bent. Thought this to be real weird since I have never experienced this ever with this reel. Now the reel is 4 or 5 yrs old but that shaft should not bend like this should it?
Don't hate the Player, hate the game!!!
bantam1

Re: Calais Spool bent shaft

Post by bantam1 »

I have never seen the spool shaft bend on any of our low profile reels unless it has been dropped. Did something happen or was it just all of a sudden?
Big Daddy TR21

Post by Big Daddy TR21 »

That's the weird thing, I had been using it all morning sat it down and had no problems my last cast I caught a snag and broke off the lure picked back up after a few other cast retied another lure on and noticed it right away. So I'm not sure if breaking off the lure caused the shaft to bend or what, but I have never had this happen before
bantam1

Post by bantam1 »

You have two options. You can send the reel in so we can take a look at it and make sure there is no other damage, or you can call us up for a replacement spool. 877-577-0600

http://fish.shimano.com/publish/content ... vices.html
Big Daddy TR21

Post by Big Daddy TR21 »

Good thing is I always have extra spools. I will call tomorrow and see what they can do..

Thanks again.

John