Clear Lake this Week 4/28/2015

DanIsaac

Post by DanIsaac »

First bed fish for this young lady!
First bed fish for this young lady!

Spring has sprung onceagain on Clear Lake, and the bed fishing is ON as they say.
Water temps are now in the low 60’s to start the day and reach 70+ by the afternoon, and as an added bonus for a really confused Spring, the topwater bite is finally beginning as well.

This week the water clarity we so much needed earlier this month finally hit mid-lake south and the bite broke wide open as yet another wave of spawners came into the shallows with this newest moon.

Unfortunately, the jig bite is yet to come on, but should be soon to come, and I suspect the topwater bite will only get better as wave 3-4 start their fry guarding as well.

Also, watch for fish busting on bait, as the spawning bays are all loaded with bluegill, shad, and hitch, and I mean they are everywhere!

Your typical bed baits will all work, except here’s one tip. What color is everyone throwing this time of year? Yep, just look at any bass boat deck around here and you’ll see more WHITE baits than one thought available.

So, you want to improve your chances of success? Yes? Then try a different color, and you’ll see a big difference in how the fish react to your presentation. Right now, white means “be afraid” to these fish. They’ve been bombarded with white for nearly two months now, and they indeed learn fast!

Good luck and have fun!
Attachments
Don't leave the swimbait at home!
Don't leave the swimbait at home!
ReelEx, your source for quality, professional service on your Shimano, Lews, or Revo reels.

Guaranteed 96 hr turnaround on service.
650-454-4938 http://www.reel-ex.com
bassrman

Re: Clear Lake this Week 4/28/2015

Post by bassrman »

I have never seen so much bait fish in Clear lake as I have seen this week ! the hitch are everywhere ! Shad , bluegill, crappi, tule perch, silversides ! now I know why these fish are so fat this year !.... who decided that the clear lake hitch is endangered ? .....