O’Connor Capture the Win at KBF Trail Series I on San Vincente – 4/23/22

MKA

O’Connor Capture the Win at KBF Trail Series I on San Vincente – 4/23/22

Post by MKA »

Tim First Place.JPG
Tim O’Connor of Santee, CA. captured the win on San Vincente Reservoir on Saturday, 4/23 with an 88.25-inch five fish limit that included an 18.5-inch kicker. In addition to his win, he captured a 4th. place finish at the KBF Trail Series II event on Sunday 4/24, a 2nd. place finish in the ABA Iron Man Kayak Series and a 2nd. place finish in the KBF Pro Series event taking home just under 6k for the weekend.

Here’s how he did it:
“I pre-fished the day before just to scout and didn’t do too much fishing. I found a rock clevice with 2 trees below me. The trees were about 12 feet apart with a bait ball and fired up fish below. I didn’t touch it; I didn’t want to disturb it. I headed back to that same spot on day 1 of the tournament. The bait ball and the fish were still there. In the first 7 casts I hooked 4 fish and brought 3 fish into the boat. As soon as the sun came up that bite died off. From there I had to figure out something else. I started out in 10 to 12 feet with a Neko Rig and found small fish. I moved back out deep to 20 feet with isolate brush piles and started picking them off and they were bigger fish. I stuck to that pattern all weekend. My bigger fish all came on the dropshot in 20 feet”, said O’Connor.

Here's your top ten:
1. Tim O’Connor – 88.25 inches
2. Dominic Doan – 88 inches
3. John Myers – 86.75 inches
4. Bryce Gibbs – 85.5 inches
5. Jonathan Demonet – 85.5 inches
6. Aaron Knowles – 85.25 inches
7. Trevor Heck – 84.5 inches
8. Damian Thao – 84 inches
9. Daigo Kobayashi – 83.25 inches
10. Anthony Garcia – 83 inches

Up next for KBF is the Trail Series (west coast) is Chatfield Reservoir on 4/30 and 5/1/22.
Attachments
Tim Boat.jpg