Ca delta chatterbaits question?

Tom_walker

Ca delta chatterbaits question?

Post by Tom_walker »

I was wondering what brand size and color chatterbait you throw on the delta , i usally throw a 3/8oz zman original chatter but i might pick up a few other brands to try out like a Picasso shock blade.
BigBassDaddy1190

Re: Ca delta chatterbaits question?

Post by BigBassDaddy1190 »

1/2oz green pumpkin or white never fails out there
mrheuby

Post by mrheuby »

For the Delta I use 2 different sizes (3/8-1/2) depending on tide and the mood of the fish. 3/8 for low tide and slower retrieve. 1/2 for high tide and faster retrieve. For colors I use a craw pattern ether Delta or Rusty craw with a gold blade or black with an craw imitating trailer. Another color is Bluegill with a copper blade and green pumpkin trailer with the tail dipped in chartreuse dye. Lastly Chartreuse Shad silver blade and white trailer. As far as brand my favorite by far is the Fishin Magician Voodoo check them out at FMTC great stuff
Caleb.Smith

Post by Caleb.Smith »

Like every other bait out there it isnt a one size fits all. Especially on the Delta.
Throw everything from $4 BPS to $18 Jackhammer and everything in between, depends on what the fish want but for some reason I always find myself picking up the Jackhammer first.
Mark-C

Post by Mark-C »

I believe the brand of chatterbait is less important than how you fish it. Like most reaction baits you get way more bites, especially big bites, if you deflect the bait off cover. Let that chatterbait contact the weeds even to the point of getting stuck in the weeds as much as possible. Often the good bites come when it breaks free. Just casting and retrieving in open water is way less effective. Good Luck!
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

I have a few of the OG D&M Pirahna vibrating jigs that have served me well throughout the years in 1/2oz and 3/4oz. The zman elite chatterbaits and jackhammers - As well as the Blade Runner in Craw. The FMTC baits are one to consider as well as the new one strike king. To me the big deal is to have a blade that starts at the first turn of the reel handle - if there is a split ring between the jig eye and the blade its not a great design. JMHO - For me three weights 3/8ths, 1/2oz, 3/4oz I typically start with 1/2 and adjust from there - for colors Bluegill is my goto and ill shift to Shad or Dad from there.

G luck
- JaJa Jigs - Get THUNKED
Links to Check Out -
https://www.instagram.com/jm_ash/
https://www.bestbasstournaments.com/