Delta Pics from weekend

Dukslayer26

Delta Pics from weekend

Post by Dukslayer26 »

I love huntin cause I love going deep into the bush and I always shoot twice!!
Shawn

Re: Delta Pics from weekend

Post by Shawn »

The birds are good to eat but what do you do with the coons.just wanderin.I cought stripers last weekend,this weekend its ducky time!

Shawn
lucas boden

Post by lucas boden »

HATS! and the tails are good for keychains?
flipthatjig

Post by flipthatjig »

ya what do u do with those coon do u eat them. i bet they taste like chicken..lol make me a hat too.
lippy

Post by lippy »

Nice bag of coon!Rub it in some (lol)No really nice mix bag of game.Keep posting pics
lucas boden

Post by lucas boden »

where's my hat?
Dukslayer26

Post by Dukslayer26 »

Decided to go with one giant racoon jacket instead of hats. Anyone want to buy it when I am finished?
I love huntin cause I love going deep into the bush and I always shoot twice!!
lucas boden

Post by lucas boden »

guess i'll settle w/a lucky raccoons foot fer my keychain
Ken C.

Post by Ken C. »

Nice "Mixed Bag", Duckslayer!!! For those inquiring minds, here's a recipe for baked raccoon:

Baked Racoon

*(Note that while it is not mentioned here, most recommendations are to skin the raccoon and soak overnight in saltwater. Personally I'd probably up the garlic, use a pasta sauce and slow cook the thing in a dutch oven over a fire! :wink: )

1 small coon or hindquarter and loin of larger young coon 2 to 2 1/2 lbs.
3-4 cups cold water
1 tbsp. Salt
1/3 tsp black pepper
Salt
Sugar
1 onion
3 stalks celery
3 carrots, diced
2 cloves garlic
1 clove
1 tsp sage
1/4 cup vinegar
1 tsp dark brown sugar

Set oven to moderate hot (400 degrees) 10 minutes before baking. Dress coon carefully so as not to leave any clinging hair. Remove scent glands and kernels under legs.

Wrap coon in plastic wrap or foil and chill thoroughly or freeze for several hours. Trim off all but a thin layer of fat and any discolored spots. Wash well in lukewarm water.

Cut whole coon or hindquarters and loin into 4 pieces with kitchen scissors or heavy butcher knife. Put into 6 qt. kettle, add water to cover, then vegetables, salt, sugar, sesonings, garlic and pepper. Heat to boiling; reduce heat to simmering, cover and cook until tender (1-2 hrs depending on age of animal). Puree vegetables in a blender to thicken sauce.

Bake sweet potatoes or winter squash to go with the dish. A tart vegetable such as sweet-sour red cabbage, or pickled beets are a good accompaniment. Serves 4.

Now those dove breasts are great soaked for about 5 minutes in red wine then wrapped with bacon and thrown on the grill, brush with your fa-vo-rite BBQ sauce during the last 5 mins and YUM!
[i][b]To the world, you might be just one person. But to one person, you just might be the world...[/b][/i]
[img]http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a266/shred1080/misc/Disclaimer.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.danasoft.com/sig/Kadota.jpg[/img]
hammer

Post by hammer »

racoons make wonderful bass habitat :twisted: