Delta Trip 4/26 & Lost Item

dro510

Delta Trip 4/26 & Lost Item

Post by dro510 »

F363BFB9-5845-4362-B87A-AC1DFABB86B0.jpeg
Launched at about 7:30-8 at Rivers End. Got my first dink of the day near Italian Slough, made my way towards Indian Slough and got a nice 3.5lber on senko along with some dinks.
Forgot to mention that the wind was blowing pretty good so had to find those protected banks that were tucked away out of the wind.
Seen a BIG roamer 8+! Was able to throw my senko towards her but she swam in to deeper water and didn’t see her again. Wanted to go back but ended up not.
Made my way to Victoria Canal, tried one spot nothing…
Fished near the Woodward Island Bridge and got a nice 4.5+ punching that I was real happy about, made my whole day!
Got stopped by the sheriffs and they gave me a fix it ticket for my boaters license, that I just found about and also let me off with a warning about my expired fire extinguisher and also not having a throw float cushion..
Decided to pretty much call it a day after that due to my trolling motor batteries being really weak, time to replace my older optima battery on my 24v system I believe.

So, I get back to Rivers End Marina and notice my jacket ALONG with my CAR KEYS was not on board….! It was gone with the wind.. Had to have my gf bring my spare all the way from San Lorenzo.. lesson learned for sure.
Went looking for it a bit but there was no way I was gonna find a dark green jacket in dark green water so I gave that up.
It was lost in between Victoria Canal and Rivers End. It’s a dark army green Outdoor Life jacket with a set of car keys in the pocket. If anyone happens to find it washed up on the rocks or snags it up it would be greatly appreciated to get it back..
Luckily when the sheriffs stopped me I took my wallet out the jacket and put in my pocket when we were done!! Thank goodness!!! I had almost $200 cash on me for my boat storage fee to my buddy and haircut money for today!!!
Thankfully it was just my jacket and a set of keys!! I now put my hide away key back on my vehicle and will make sure I do not leave my jacket unsecured on such a windy day!
Would love to get the jacket back but I’m sure it’s a goner’ but thought I’d throw it out there along with a report.
Tight lines everyone and be safe out there!!
E49BC09D-F036-4711-BE27-EBA19111A07A.jpeg
0A72C148-05E6-43FD-B24C-B027A333C8CE.jpeg
PeteD

Re: Delta Trip 4/26 & Lost Item

Post by PeteD »

To quote a Delta Legend "Sounds Like A Day with Murphy".
dro510

Post by dro510 »

PeteD wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 9:41 am To quote a Delta Legend "Sounds Like A Day with Murphy".
Elaborate, please. Lol
marinerfandave

Post by marinerfandave »

Murphy's Law - What can go wrong will go wrong.
dro510

Post by dro510 »

marinerfandave wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 10:29 am Murphy's Law - What can go wrong will go wrong.
Ah, gotcha’. :lol:
monte300

Post by monte300 »

marinerfandave wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 10:29 am Murphy's Law - What can go wrong will go wrong.
I'm a big fan of Jenning's Corollary which states "the odds of the bread falling butter side down is directly proportional to the cost of the carpet" :mrgreen:
185vsfrog

Post by 185vsfrog »

Prob better to leave an extra set of truck keys securely stashed in your boat rather than a hide a key on your truck. Especially after you just told everyone on this site what you are going to do :shock: . You might come back from a day of fishing less a truck and trailer. At least you know when you come back from fishing, Your boat will be with you and extra keys for your truck will be stashed securely in a spot in the boat, just in case you lose your other keys. Always good to have a full extra set of boat/trailer keys in your truck also, just in case you lose your keys out of your pocket (happened to me before). Redundancy keeps things functioning. Just my two cents.
Mitch

Post by Mitch »

I lost a jacket due to the wind on Pine Flat last year. Had my name and a club patch on the back. I looked for it, but figured it was now at the bottom of the lake. 3-WEEKS later, a guy calls me and asked if I was missing a jacket !! 3-WEEKS it floated !!! He found it FLOATING near where I had been fishing !! Maybe you'll get that lucky too !!!
2007 "Numb Nut"

Ranger Boats-Mercury Motors
Minnkota Ultrex -TRP Batterys
Raymarine - Troll Bridge
Gloomis - Shimano
Pepper Jigs - Robo Worms
dro510

Post by dro510 »

185vsfrog wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 10:50 am Prob better to leave an extra set of truck keys securely stashed in your boat rather than a hide a key on your truck. Especially after you just told everyone on this site what you are going to do :shock: . You might come back from a day of fishing less a truck and trailer. At least you know when you come back from fishing, Your boat will be with you and extra keys for your truck will be stashed securely in a spot in the boat, just in case you lose your other keys. Always good to have a full extra set of boat/trailer keys in your truck also, just in case you lose your keys out of your pocket (happened to me before). Redundancy keeps things functioning. Just my two cents.
Great idea, thank you. REMOVING my hide-away key everyone!!!!! :lol: