Discovery Bay stripers

webefishn23

Discovery Bay stripers

Post by webefishn23 »

Did really good trolling broken back rebels in october lots of keepers. Lately the fishing in Discovery Bay has been bad trolling. Any other suggestions for stripers in Discovery Bay?
Cooch

Re: Discovery Bay stripers

Post by Cooch »

Try workin' spoons out on the points and just inside the bay openings on the Marina side. Look fer 18-35 foot of water and big blips or arches on yer finders. Last week we kinda just put the trolling motor down and was tossing jigs to the bank for blackies, positioning the boat out side the docks. Everytime the guy in the back saw the fish on the screen, we'd pick up and drop the spoon right down on em and caught most fish we could see.
bustout

Re: Discovery Bay stripers - Cooch, Duh spoons

Post by bustout »

Cooch,
Duh makes different shaped spoons which shape should we use for the stripers? How about size/weight and color?

thanks
Cooch

Post by Cooch »

I have good success with both the enlongated model and that fat model, to where I don't thik it matters one way or another. I typically have the chrome, chrome/black, chrome/blue, white/lavender, solid Chartrues and that shiney Baby Bass looking thing. Right now, the Chromes have worked fine, I haven't had to dig for color options. I'm using more of the 1oz varietys right now versus smaller weights.
Hitman

Post by Hitman »

I've had the white/lavendar tied on and have not had to switch colors all year.

Hitman
Hitman

Fish Hard Films
bustout

Post by bustout »

thanks Cooch and Hitman.....i usually drift minnows in the deeper areas when i cant get them to hit the spook on top...i usually use a chrome hopkins but w/o much success
bustout

Post by bustout »

thanks Cooch and Hitman.....i usually drift minnows in the deeper areas when i cant get them to hit the spook on top...i usually use a chrome hopkins but w/o much success