I don't care about anyones politics....

For political discussions
Kelly Ripa

I don't care about anyones politics....

Post by Kelly Ripa »

But mine have been out flanked politically in this Frigg'n State my whole adult life. The place is more screwed up than a soup sandwich and I have been told by the present administration that my vote this November is NOT a referendum on his Presidency and but rather should be focused on the Countries future under his continued leadership. Well I don't gave a flip how outnumbered I am here in Calif.. I would have voted for a toaster if someone had run one for president but I Got Mitt. If only they had run a toaster against our current president I wouldn't have had a problem as it would have been a landslide. So weeks of over hyped b.s. later I silently felt out of touch with my thoughts about how Americas future might go when a buddy sent me an e-mail stating quite well his thoughts on Mitt. What's not to like? l I'll vote for Mitt. I'm benching the jr. Senator from Illinois. Embarrassment really.

Why Mitt Romney is Unlikable!
A lot is being said in the media about Mitt Romney not being "likable" or that he
doesn't "relate well" to people. Frankly, we struggled to understand why.
So after much research, we have come up with a Top Ten List to explain this "un-likability."

Top Ten Reasons To Dislike Mitt Romney:

1. Drop-dead, collar-ad handsome with gracious, statesmanlike aura.
Looks like every central casting's #1 choice for Commander-in-Chief.

2. Been married to ONE woman his entire life, and has been faithful to her,
including through her bouts with breast cancer and MS.
3. No scandals or skeletons in his closet. (How boring is that?)

4. Can't speak in a fake, southern, "black preacher voice" when necessary.

5. Highly intelligent. Graduated cum laude from both Harvard Law School and
Harvard Business School...and by the way, his academic records are NOT sealed.

6. Doesn't smoke or drink alcohol, and has never done drugs, not even in the counter
-culture age when he went to college. Too square for today's America?
7. Represents an America of "yesterday", where people believed in God, went to Church,
didn't screw around, worked hard, and became a SUCCESS!

8. Has a family of five great sons....and none of them have police records or are in drug rehab.
But of course, they were raised by a stay-at-home mom, and that "choice" deserves America's scorn.

9. Oh yes.....he's a MORMON. We need to be very afraid of that very strange religion that
teaches its members to be clean-living, patriotic, fiscally conservative, charitable, self-reliant, and honest.

10. And one more point.....pundits say because of his wealth, he can't relate to ordinary Americans.
I guess that's because he made that money HIMSELF.....as opposed to marrying it or inheriting it from Dad.
Apparently, he didn't understand that actually working at a job and earning your own money
made you un-relatable to Americans. My goodness, it's a strange world, isn't it?
Personal Information:
His full Name is: Willard Mitt Romney
He was Born: March 12, 1947 and is 65 years old.
His Father: George W. Romney, former Governor of the State of Michigan
He was raised in Bloomfield Hills , Michigan
He is Married to Ann Romney since 1969; they have five children.
Education:
B. A. from Brigham Young University, J. D. and M.B.A. from Harvard University
Religion:
Mormon - The Church of Jesus Christ of the Latter-Day Saints
Working Background:
After high school, he spent 30 months in France as a Mormon missionary.
After going to both Harvard Business School and Harvard Law School simultaneously,
he passed the Michigan bar exam, but never worked as an attorney.
In 1984, he co-founded Bain Capital a private equity investment firm,
one of the largest such firms in the United States.
In 1994, he ran for Senator of Massachusetts and lost to Ted Kennedy.
He was President and CEO of the 2002 Winter Olympic Games.
In 2002, he was elected Governor of the State of Massachusetts where he eliminated a 1.5 billion deficit.
Some Interesting Facts about Romney:
Bain Capital, starting with one small office supply store in Massachusetts,
turned it into Staples; now over 2,000 stores employing 90,000 people.
Bain Capital also worked to perform the same kinds of business miracles again and again,
with companies like Domino's, Sealy, Brookstone, Weather Channel, Burger King,
Warner Music Group, Dollarama, Home Depot Supply and many others.
He was an unpaid volunteer campaign worker for his dad's gubernatorial campaign 1 year.
He was an unpaid intern in his dad's governor's office for eight years.
He was an unpaid bishop and state president of his church for ten years.
He was an unpaid President of the Salt Lake Olympic Committee for three years.
He took no salary and was the unpaid Governor of Massachusetts for four years.
He gave his entire inheritance from his father to charity.
Mitt Romney is one of the wealthiest self-made men in our country but has given more
back to its citizens in terms of money, service and time than most men.
And in 2011 Mitt Romney gave over $4 million to charity, almost 19% of his income....
Just for comparison purposes, Obama gave 1% and Joe Biden gave $300 or .0013%.
Mitt Romney is Trustworthy:
He will show us his high school and college transcripts.
He will show us his social security card.
He will show us his law degree.
He will show us his draft notice.
He will show us his medical records.
Mitt Romney's background, experience and trustworthiness show him to be
a great leader and an excellent citizen for President of the United States.
You may think that Romney may not be the best representative the Republicans
could have selected. At least I know what religion he is, and that he won't desecrate the flag,
bow down to foreign powers, or practice fiscal irresponsibility.

I know he has the ability to turn around this financial debacle that the current regime has gotten
us into. We won't like all the things necessary to recover from this debt,
but someone with Romney's background can do it.

But, on the minus side, he never was a "Community Organizer",
never took drugs or smoked pot, never got drunk,
did not associate with communists or terrorists,
nor did he attend a church whose pastor called for God to damn the US.

If you care about our United States of America -- Send this to all your friends!

Vote your vote your way but for Kripes sake frigg'n VOTE
LET'S GO BRANDON
Remember ...What the Dormouse said...Feed your head!
Jeff C.

Re: I don't care about anyones politics....

Post by Jeff C. »

Here's another reason to dislike him: He's pledging to lower the taxes of millionaires and pay for it by cutting services to the poor and raising taxes on the middle class.
Last edited by Jeff C. on Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jeff C.

Post by Jeff C. »

Kelly Ripa wrote:
He will show us his high school and college transcripts.
He will show us his social security card.
He will show us his law degree.
He will show us his draft notice.
He will show us his medical records.
LOL if he really wants to show us something why won't he show us his tax returns? Could it be because although his yearly income is in the 10s of millions, he pays less taxes as a percentage than any of us?
Skeeterman

Post by Skeeterman »

Jeff C you must be voting odumma?There is nothing wrong what Romney is doing with his taxes it's all legal if not we would have known about along time ago. You should not listen to harry "balls" reid the one that took taxes payers money to build a bridge and other things he has done on his nevada property.It's kind of funny a president and the worst one this country ever had what he has done to this country people are still going to vote for him.WOW.
Grumpy

Post by Grumpy »

I think Jeff C is worried about losing his Obamaphone. Seriously, sounds like you blew your wad, is this all you got?
Grumpy

Post by Grumpy »

Jeff C. wrote:Here's another reason to dislike him: He's pledging to lower the taxes of millionaires and pay for it by cutting services to the poor and raising taxes on the middle class.
Blanket statement, easy to do and then walk away. Lets see your source's.
Grumpy

Post by Grumpy »

Jeff C. wrote:Here's another reason to dislike him: He's pledging to lower the taxes of millionaires and pay for it by cutting services to the poor and raising taxes on the middle class.
Seriously doubt you could make heads or tails of a Romney tax return, thank your govt. for that. But guessing you are a govt. worker or depend on the govt. in some way, maybe this is what you don't like. Romney has said he would tie govt. employee compensation to the private sector. Agree with that?
Marty

Post by Marty »

Outstanding post Kelly, you are not alone there are a few of us in California.

I would like to add to your post – the liberal media keeps saying the Mitt has no personality and that Obama is a lot more likeable. Some of the best bosses or leaders I have worked or served under were not the most likeable but were respected. I will take the respectable leader over the likeable manager.
Jeff C.

Post by Jeff C. »

Marty wrote:Some of the best bosses or leaders I have worked or served under were not the most likeable but were respected. I will take the respectable leader over the likeable manager.
Problem is, Romney is neither liked nor respected. What's to respect? He comes from a family of wealth and power. He's had everything handed to him his whole life. He made the majority of his money off of money (not by actually producing anything mind you). And then he goes around saying that 47% of Americans are freeloaders and government dependents. The fact of the matter is that he's the freeloader. He's made a lot of money taking advantage of the tax laws that favor the rich, then he hides his money overseas to avoid paying his fair share. The majority of the "freeloaders" he's referring to paid more than the 14% in taxes that he pays. His whole life pattern is based on greed and excess and taking advantage of every tax loophole and benefit that his corrupt politician friends have given him. His stated plan once he gets into office is to roll back taxes on the rich and pay for it by cutting benefits to the poor and raising taxes on the middle class by eliminating the deductions that families need, like the mortgage tax credit.

Well, the average American sees him for what he is and that's why he's going to lose big in November.
Skeeterman

Post by Skeeterman »

Jeff you must be listening to those liberal news medias alot.For one Romney is liked and respected that just your news talking crap.There is nothing wrong on how Romney is making money it looks legal to me and laying people off it happens to anybody that owns a company.Freeloaders I think he is right alot of people are taking advantage on government assitance but thanks to odumma lieing to the poeple about crating jobs whitch he did not, there are millions on welfare now than ever before.It's like I said before on his taxes if he was breaking law we would have heard it by now and you know odumma would taking advantage if Romney broke the law and Romney hiding money? you don't think liberals hide there money to?Romney is not greedy he gives millions to his church and alot of charitys 4 milloin dollars last year.I hope Romney dooes roll back the taxes to the rich who do you think create most of the jobs?If odumma care goes though and the bush tax cuts go away than the middle class will get hit on taxes.Do you think odumma likes this country look what happend when one of your embassadors and others that got killed on 9/11/12 after he found out 4 hrs later he gets on a plane to vegas to campion than later had all his liberal dumbsh?ts lie to the people of this country about movie on youtube that started killings than finally they came out and the truth that it was a terrorist attack.odumma will do and say anything to get his second term.Jeff is this what you want a guy like this to lead our country a liere a hater a man that has done nothing for the country.
Marty

Post by Marty »

Jeff C. wrote:
Marty wrote:Some of the best bosses or leaders I have worked or served under were not the most likeable but were respected. I will take the respectable leader over the likeable manager.
Problem is, Romney is neither liked nor respected. What's to respect? He comes from a family of wealth and power. He's had everything handed to him his whole life. He made the majority of his money off of money (not by actually producing anything mind you). And then he goes around saying that 47% of Americans are freeloaders and government dependents. The fact of the matter is that he's the freeloader. He's made a lot of money taking advantage of the tax laws that favor the rich, then he hides his money overseas to avoid paying his fair share. The majority of the "freeloaders" he's referring to paid more than the 14% in taxes that he pays. His whole life pattern is based on greed and excess and taking advantage of every tax loophole and benefit that his corrupt politician friends have given him. His stated plan once he gets into office is to roll back taxes on the rich and pay for it by cutting benefits to the poor and raising taxes on the middle class by eliminating the deductions that families need, like the mortgage tax credit.

Well, the average American sees him for what he is and that's why he's going to lose big in November.
Off course Jeff you don’t like or respect Mitt Romney, he believes in everything that you oppose, God, Self-responsibility, and Growth of the individual whereby the Country grows. Whereas you believe in everything that Obama believes in, Allah is the same as the Christian God, Government’s responsibility is to provide everything at the expense of others, and reducing our Country to the level as all other Countries.

But let’s be honest, it is not Mitt Romney you don’t like it is the ideas that he projects as with Bush and Sarah Palin projected. It does not matter who ran against Obama you would not have like or respect for them. You believe that anyone who opposes Obama is a racist or a Homophobic.

Just look how you write your words and you can see the Marxists come out of you “wealth and power”, “everything handed to him”, and “majority of his money”. As for the 47% he only said one time and it is true, it fact 70% of Americans in one way or other is receiving something from the Government.

As a matter of fact I take every advantage of the tax laws (just like Bill Clinton did by deducting his used underwear that he gave to Goodwill). If you don’t take advantage of the tax laws you are a fool. Maybe you’re not making enough money and just file the straight form. As for paying his fair share, he pays more than his fair share, you use 14% to hide the real amount he pays, put a $ sign and say the same thing. Talking about paying their fair share, how about that 47% of freeloader that don’t pay.

Then you talk about the mortgage tax credit, what is the biggest payoff to Wall Street and Banks? One last thing, you don’t know what the average American sees because you’re a Californian and that is not average!
Marty

Post by Marty »

Prior to tonight's Presidential debate, maybe this question will help you filter through the noise. Imagine you personally had ONLY $25,000 to your name. Nothing more and nothing ELSE coming around the corner. You are given an opportunity to invest it through only ONE of two people--Barack Obama or Mitt Romney. To whom would you entrust your last dollars?
Grumpy

Post by Grumpy »

Marty, it is a total waste of time to try reasoning with someone like this Jeff C person. Obama was a clean slate four years ago, no one knew anything about him, we still don't know everything about him but he has a record now for all to see. If people are still firmly in his camp after the last four years without even questioning his record nothing you can say will raise questions, educate or sway them. These are people you just ignore, they have nothing to add but the same old dribble.